Default DC's Reporters NOT directly connected to superheroes

Back in the Golden Age of comic books, there were several characters involved with the news/media who had their own features in various titles that weren't secretly superheroes or weren't the spouses/love-interests/"pals" of superheroes.

One such feature was "Red Logan", which first appeared in More Fun Comics #31 (May 1938)

To be continued . . .

It looks like Red Logan's feature ran in nine issues of More Fun Comics before moving over to Detective Comics for six more appearances.

Astonishing Member

If you're talking about DC reporters outside the superhero narratives entirely, then no doubt the Golden Age was littered with them. But you'd be hard-pressed to find any contemporary examples, since DC is now entirely a superhero company...has been for decades

If you're talking about reporters within the superhero narrative who don't have ties to the hero...well, I don't think there are too many examples, but there are undoubtedly a few. I'd argue that a lot of the Daily Planet staff don't have 'personal' ties to Superman, even if they know Clark. Someone like Steve Lombard for instance.

Summer Gleason from BTAS (did she ever make it to the comics?) is a semi-prominent supporting character who was a reporter not directly connected to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    . . . If you're talking about reporters within the superhero narrative who don't have ties to the hero...well, I don't think there are too many examples, but there are undoubtedly a few. I'd argue that a lot of the Daily Planet staff don't have 'personal' ties to Superman, even if they know Clark. Someone like Steve Lombard for instance.

Summer Gleason from BTAS (did she ever make it to the comics?) is a semi-prominent supporting character who was a reporter not directly connected to Batman.
    I'm not even talking about the staff of the Daily Planet (and, back in the day, the staff of WGBS) or even Summer Gleason.

Lets face it: those characters wouldn't be appearing if it wasn't in a Superman or Batman comic book or TV show.

I'm also well aware that DC unfortunately doesn't offer the same variety of comic boom features that they once did, back in the last century. It's something I really miss.

Does it matter I they are connected to a supervillain behind the scenes? I rather enjoyed Cassie Arnold from William Messner-Loebs run on Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Does it matter I they are connected to a supervillain behind the scenes? I rather enjoyed Cassie Arnold from William Messner-Loebs run on Wonder Woman
    If they're "connected to a supervillain behind the scenes", I would think that's probably a connection to the superhero whose story that's a part of.

As I said before, I'm more interested in the ones who can exist without a superhero / supervillain as the main character in the story.

Does Melba Manton count?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Does Melba Manton count?
    Has she ever appeared in anything not connected to Superman / Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane?