Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
Just Yesterday on twitter they made a prime example of how DC promotes Batman and other characters.
The prime example was about the difference between the (non)Batman wedding and the Aquawedding. While for the first DC promoted the event with all sorts of things from variants, ads, interviews, talk shows etc. While for Aquaman's wedding just an ad few days before the issue and thats that.
Now a wedding in DC comics is rare and attracts attention even from fans that don't usually buy the specific title, even just as a collection issue.
In the CCXP held last month, DC devolved most of their time guess about who? and the rest of the characters actually not all, had to divide between them the remaining time.
Yeah, maybe they could have given a little more attention to the final issue of a book selling under 20K, I guess. But that Batman wedding issue shipped 450K copies. Was it overkill? Maybe, but I am sure the return on investment seemed to be worth it despite the bait and switch maybe blowing up in their faces.

I have no idea what CCXP is, or more specifically which one you are talking about, and I am surprised DC had any presence at all if it was an online experience. Yes, at most fan events he will get more time especially when the audience tends to be more consumers of other media aside from comics, because more people want to see Batman stuff and you want to keep viewers engaged.

But I am not saying Batman does not get big advertising campaigns and I am definitely not saying he never gets more than anyone else. That is still a far cry from the claims they do not promote anything other than Batman.