Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Robin is the only thing that looks fresh and interesting.

The Elseworld batman titles
    Robin
    Nightwing
    Supersons
    Second Son
    ROBIN looks like the sleeper hit of these slim offerings. I've been wanting Damian to get his own title ever since R:SoB ended. All the Supersons stuff is Damian in name only.

WONDER WOMAN, SWAMP THING, and ROBIN are sure things for me.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-16-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    ROBIN looks like the sleeper hit of these slim offerings. I've been wanting Damian to get his own title ever since R:SoB ended. All the Supersons stuff is Damian in name only.

Maybe that's why I find him tolerable in those books.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Maybe that's why I find him tolerable in those books.
    Not a fan of the Demon's grandson, man?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-16-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Not a fan of the Demon's grandson, man?
    Only in specific situations. I find he works best when he:
    A) Is partnered with someone who doesn't buy what he's selling, i.e., Dick Grayson or Jon Kent.
    B) When he polished the Heretic's blade with his chest cavity.
    C) Stuffed a coffin.

I'll take any of those scenarios, else I can do without Damain.

I'm glad a lot of people enjoy him because it seems he's here to stay, but the ship's sailed on me enjoying a Damian Wayne story.

A) Is partnered with someone who doesn't buy what he's selling, i.e., Dick Grayson or Jon Kent.
    C) Stuffed a coffin.

I'm glad a lot of people enjoy him because it seems he's here to stay, but the ship's sailed on me enjoying a Damian Wayne story.
    Jesus...
    Before Morrison's Batman & Robin i didn't like him either, but than my favorite Dynamic Duo was created and i started to love him.

Thoughts:

- So instead of being a straight John Stewart series it seems like it's going to instead be a John Stewart lead-GLC book. So basically the Van Jensen run, but now with Teen Lantern and Jo from Far Sector. Not really sold on the cover though.

- Damian as a dark Robin in a tournament arc? It's cool to see Damian with a new solo book and Williamson has my confidence, and it seems like he's going to mine Damian's history well for this...and the art will be awesome.

- So Tom Taylor is writing a Dark Knight Returns-esque Batman...why? Beyond the fact that we apparently need more Batman books. It just doesn't seem like Taylor's jam unless he can throw Harley in there somehow.

- Move over Batfamily, here comes the Fox Family for Jace Fox's Batman origin!

- I'm finally getting my much-needed Scooby-Doo Team-Up sequel series!

- Ah, the Super Sons in their ideal forms...warms my heart.

- Was not expecting a DC/RWBY crossover, but I'm a little surprised there's more guys on that cover on the DC side.

- I'm not really feeling the prospect of Clark losing his power so Jon can take over as Superman in one of the books.

- Scarecrow's gone full Pscho Mantis on that cover.

- What happened at Arkham? That, y'know, isn't just Arkham being Arkham? I know in Future State there was some kind of Arkham incident. And Ghost-Maker has now joined Batman's numerous "frenemies."

- There is so much in those Black & White stories that I want to read.

- Urban Legends seems like a Batfamily spotlight book (with the occasional outsider and Harley story). Not sure about Jason and Bruce at odds again, but it seems like an interesting enough conflict with the kid, and Oracle having to stop a villain Batgirl couldn't.

- I like Yang focusing on Martha instead of Thomas in this alternate world where Bruce didn't become Batman.

- Harley out for revenge for Joker? I thought he was working under the "I'm all over Ivy and completely done with Mistah J" Harley paradigm?

- I wonder if Catwoman looking for Ivy is building up the "Queen Ivy" story.

- So if Owlman has "famous Gotham foes" in his cave, they're heroes on this Earth, right?

- Mr. Worth is Bruce Wayne as a father on steroids?

- Huntress as the "Violet Vengeance?" That's a new one.

- Wally the lead Flash again and jumping through bodies, with a female successor to Booster Gold and Blue Beetle making kissy faces at him? Oh my.

- Harley "heal Gotham City?" They're doomed.

- What is Gordon going to reveal to Batman? That he's always known he's Bruce Wayne? That he knows Barbara is Batgirl? Some other secret in their past that Tynion tends to use in his stories?

- Queen of Spades seems kind of random in a Punchline story. Why would she even be in Blackgate? Is it more than just a Gotham prison?

- So...is Naomi going to steal the show from the Justice League against generically-named "Brutus?" What does Hippolyta have anything to do with this? Dinah's new costume is growing on me, but for lands sake Aquaman put a shirt on.

- Ragman's on the new Justice League Dark? I know he popped up in the Future State story.

- Wonder Woman vs. Mongul? With Artemis along for the ride? Should be fun.

- Conner looking pretty unhappy and scary on the Suicide Squad, and it sounds like Waller's brainwashed him. And which Talon are they getting?

- Sounds like Superman: Red and White is going to focus on every Superman imaginable.

- Billy in a Titans-run school sounds weird.

- Now it's time for Constantine to take over the team-up book.

- Wonder Woman's trek through Norse mythology continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Jesus...
    Before Morrison's Batman & Robin i didn't like him either, but than my favorite Dynamic Duo was created and i started to love him.

Jesus indeed and some say comics fans are a bit much.

Damian is a lil **** and that's part of his charm for me.

My fondness for him grew after B&R volume 1. I like not just his dynamic with Dick [how it mirrors Bruce and Dick's] but the run is a fav so bias i guess
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-16-2021 at 06:19 PM.

C) Stuffed a coffin.

B) was one of Damian's finest moments. He looked so teeny yet he stood up to that Brute Heretic. Kid's got moxy "Touch him again and I'll kill you" . He was also s**t talking the numerous archers firing projectiles at him as he faced the Heretic. most heroic death in my book

Damian is 2nd only to Dick Grayson when it comes to Robins for me

I know what you mean about Damian in the Supersons book. My kids like that title though so I'm glad it's back for them. We haven't had much luck with the zoom and Ink titles

Come April my pull list will be smaller than it's been in 45+ years. Realllllly not interested in more Batman... At least I'll have more time on my hands to re-read comics from yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    B) was one of Damian's finest moments. He looked so teeny yet he stood up to that Brute Heretic. Kid's got moxy "Touch him again and I'll kill you" . He was also s**t talking the numerous archers firing projectiles at him as he faced the Heretic. most heroic death in my book

Damian is 2nd only to Dick Grayson when it comes to Robins for me
    Supergirl and Barry in CoIE certainly top Damian for me. A lot do. Even Superman's which really was just him taking a last stand against some brute. But I wasn't as satisfied seeing them go, so I'll give you that.

In April, there were more Batman-related titles again. There are too many Batman titles for any amount of time. I thought Infinite Frontier would be an event where more heroes would be given a chance, but there's not even a JSA.

If only he wasn't named Robin... as it is, I jsut can't support this title because it has utterly ruined the character to me.

Quote Originally Posted by robotgarden View Post
    In April, there were more Batman-related titles again. There are too many Batman titles for any amount of time. I thought Infinite Frontier would be an event where more heroes would be given a chance, but there's not even a JSA.
    We at DC hear you and we're sorry we haven't properly read the room. Would you be more interested in a Batman-lead Justice Society of Gotham?

THE FLASH: THE DEATH OF IRIS WEST HC
    That's it.