Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default DC comics April 2021 Solicitations

I know there is the post-March thread, but this felt better to start fresh and maybe away from a little discussion not about April. But if Mods disagree move it or something.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solicitations-april-2021/

-Pretty excited for Green Lantern, Dexter Soy is on art and from what I’ve seen online from his infinite frontier preview it looks great. Not to mention it’s got John with Simon Baz and Teen Lantern, who I’m actually interested to see how she plays with the rest of the Green Lantern Corps. Not to mention using the United Planets and Jo from Far Sector.

-I’m in for Robin, Joshua Williamson is someone I trust after his Flash run/Speed Metal so I can trust him with Damian.

-Glad to see Ridley gets to write Tim/Jace’s Batman origins, I’m picking it up Digitally but I’m glad to see him getting to explore his story more post-Future State.

-I feel like Taylor is probably hiding the big hook on Nightwing but honestly I’m just glad my favorite hero has one my favorite writers working on what sounds like a fun little Nightwing story.

-Me reading Superman or Action Comics will really depend how the series do in March.

-Glad to see Wally get his own little fun adventure after everything that happened.

-Probably reading Suicide Squad purely for Conner.

-Teen Titans Academy is something I’ll have to see how it takes but it looks like it will be fun, plus I like Shazam as an added bonus.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-15-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Just justice league for me; i’d kind of like to know if Yara flor might get her own book.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Batman, Batman, and more Batman...

/thread

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Batman, Batman, and more Batman...

/thread

Yep, that’s how the solicitations read to me:
    Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman ad nauseum.

Would gladly be picking up Aquaman, Young Justice, Legion, Shazam, Supergirl, Hawkman...
    will not be replacing those with the umpteenth Batbook. Meh.

Extraordinary Member

- Batman/Superman: I am hesitant because I did not like the Bizarro arc in Terrifics but I like Reis and I think Yang has some fun ideas. Plus it is my obligatory Clark and Bruce fix without all the baggage from their regular titles.
    - Flash: this is one I was not sold on right away and I am kind of just getting it because it fills a slot on my list and Gold Beetle is something I just have to check out, so I am hoping it surprises me.
    - Suicide Squad: as the OP said, this is a Conner pull for me too, but I also like the odd cast.
    - Teen Titans Academy: I want to see if some interesting characters come out of this book too.

What I am really waiting for is Yara Flor news, though nothing suggests we are getting any closer.

Glad to see Ridley gets to continue The Next Batman and give him a proper origin.

I'm disappointed that Taylor's book ended up being yet another Bat title but at least the premise is a bit different.

I love the cover to Action Comics and I'm always down for Superman vs Mongul! I was on the fence about the actual Superman book but AMBUSH BUG is in the backup story! I'm there!

Really don't like Tynion's characters Punchline and Ghost-Maker maker so I have a feeling that I'm gonna have to skip Batman (and Joker) for a long time as just keeps pushing them.

I really hope Taylor builds up Nightwing's rogues gallery. He's such a great character but so many writers just take the easy route by pitting him against Batman villains. Dick Grayson desperately needs an arch. Bringing Blockbuster back is a start, but Nighwing needs his "Joker".

It's very weird that Superboy is on the Suicide Squad. It seems wrong that Waller is basically controlling a kid/teenager against his will and making him go on suicide missions. Plus Talon is a boring character and should have been left as a one off.

I love Brian Bolland but what the hell is up with Superman's face?!?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Yep, that’s how the solicitations read to me:
    Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman ad nauseum.

Would gladly be picking up Aquaman, Young Justice, Legion, Shazam, Supergirl, Hawkman...
    will not be replacing those with the umpteenth Batbook. Meh.
    same for me

Green Lantern #1
    Wonder Woman #771
    and Superman: Red & Blue #2 if I like the first issue.

I'll already have read the issues of Sensational Wonder Woman when they release digitally earlier.

I'm actually pulling quite a lot. As long as we're posting opinions...

-Harley Quinn: Was quite whelmed with her FS story, but I've been saying for a while that they should just pull the trigger on making her a full on hero and taking start taking her stories seriously. I'm keeping expectations low but optimism high - plus, I'm one of the twelve people that really like Riley Rossmo's art.

- Detective Comics: Picking it up on March for that Damian back up, the Huntress appearance and Dan Mora's art, but that's about it. The April solicit didn't interest me much and I don't have a burning desire to pick it up or continue past March.

- Teen Titans Academy: While the FS story was more future misery wank and I'm not sure how I feel about Red X being a random who... I'm still giving this one a chance. Maybe because I've always wanted a Titans Academy. Maybe because I'm a absolute mark for TT (shoot me for actually buying Lobdell's Titans for over a year) - but I have a good feeling about this series... five bucks says that feeling's wrong.

Besides that, I'm also picking up WW, Batman, Robin and Joker because obviously KA-CHING.

Mighty Member

I thought that new people are going to take up the mantle like new batman, wonder woman, and so on.But looking at the covers for April it shows the current people

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I thought that new people are going to take up the mantle like new batman, wonder woman, and so on.But looking at the covers for April it shows the current people
    Future State is just a two month event. After it’s over we go back to somewhat present day (though things are going to fluctuate because of Death Metal stuff). At least we get an origin for The Next Batman and hopefully a Wonder Girl book for Yara.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Picking up three Elseworld Bat comics:

Batman Dark Knight by Taylor
    Batman Black & White
    Batman & Catwoman

I'll try THE BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #1.

Not sure if I'll buy anything else.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Picking up three Elseworld Bat comics:

Batman Dark Knight by Taylor
    Batman Black & White
    Batman & Catwoman
    You know, if they put an Elseworld label on stuff, that'd be tops.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's legit all Batman and Superman titles, huh? Hopefully they're in the process of finding new creative teams and launching new titles.

I'll be getting WONDER WOMAN, ROBIN, SWAMP THING, and SUPERMAN: RED&BLUE. Might try the main SUPERMAN books too, if they're actually about Superman and not just his son.

Can't wait for Damian to have his own book with its own tone. So sick of him being lumped in with Superboy in books that don't suit him at all.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-21-2021 at 02:07 PM.