Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Wally the lead Flash again and jumping through bodies, with a female successor to Booster Gold and Blue Beetle making kissy faces at him? Oh my.
    Should've said "Oh boy." there, because Wally is totally doing Quantum Leap.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Robin sounds fun.

Williamson's damian is fun. Who could forget that awesome Kara and Damian team up

Tournament arc, sounds fun and action packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    We at DC hear you and we're sorry we haven't properly read the room. Would you be more interested in a Batman-lead Justice Society of Gotham?
    Yes, yes I would! Thanks, DC!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

As there aren't any new comic titles coming out in April besides for Batman ones my list remain the same as March. (Minus the Infinite Frontier one shot and final issue of GL)

I'm disappointed as most people are over the lack of non Batman DC titles. Especially after a relaunch. Its usually exciting to see which new heroes theyll give a new chance to and start fresh. But in actuality the number of comics I'm picking up remain pretty much the same as the last few years. (5-8) I would have probably thrown in some new ones to try out though.

Although I'm not adding any new titles from March the ones from there look to be getting better.

1. Action Comics #1030
    2. Superman #30
    I'm happy Bendis is gone and I'm cautiously optimistic about Johnson. But March deflated me by seeing Jon thrown into the spotlight and Clark in the background. I'm glad to see that with April Clark looks to be back in the spotlight as he should be.

The stories sound like just good old fun as well with Warwolrd. I'm glad that Sampre is on art as well as I'm not too fond of Hester.

3. Batman/Superman #17
    Continuing with the old time serials. And with art by Reis. The awesomeness continues.

4. Nightwing #79.
    This one doesn't really have anything that excited me more than March. I'm still happy about Taylor writing and Batgirl in there but nothing in the solicit added anything from March.

5. Flash #769.
    This is the big one for me. Wally in the spotlight? And in his original Flash suit? Hell yeah!!!
    Gold beetle and bouncing through time sounds fun as well.

I'll give these a try but I'll see.

6. Justice League #60
    It's a new era so I'll give it a try. Black Adam and Superman going at it could be cool as well. But Bendis on this and right off the bat pushing his baby is just a turn off. Probably not going to last too long on this one.
    JLD in there is a plus for me since I like Ram V so far and am a fan of the JLD.

7. Superman Red and Blue #2.
    I love Superman but it's an anthology so well see how the quality is. The only one I'm excited for is Venditti in there. And it's cool to see different Superman characters in there like Cyborg Superman.

8. Suicide Squad #2.
    Not a fan of SS but picking it up for Conner. Not too thrilled to see him out of the leather jacket look and back into the T shirt Superbro clothes but I'll still take it. I like the artist as well.

9. The Swamp Thing.
    This is a new character so I dont really care. But I do like Swamp thing and Ram V is shaping up to be a pretty decent writer so I'll give it a try.

Other random thoughts.

Cool to see Wonder Woman in fantasy mythology since shes the most fun in that field.

Happy to see Huntress get a back up story. Tempted to check it out.

I really would prefer DC spotlighting characters that fans would want to see in solo series but cant because of the state of DC get the back up stories.

Why not have Lois, Supergirl or Steel get a back up in the Superman comics rather than Tales of Metropolis and Midnighter? Maybe even have a back up Hawkman story in.the Flash or something like that.

Not too bad but I'm hoping May will bring some new non Batman titles. But I'm not holding my breath.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

We at DC hear you and we're sorry we haven't properly read the room. Would you be more interested in a Batman-lead Justice Society of Gotham?
    Pleeez don't give them any ideas!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

well Gotham city has more heroes per inch than any other city in the world, yet people keep getting killed despite that, so yeah Gotham needs a justice league for its needs, since its heroes aren't able to solve the problems.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    well Gotham city has more heroes per inch than any other city in the world, yet people keep getting killed despite that, so yeah Gotham needs a justice league for its needs, since its heroes aren't able to solve the problems.
    I like to think of it as analogous to Marvel's New York City, where despite housing 90% of their entire superhero universe, there's still rampant crime. Man, they must be really good at their jobs.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Pleeez don't give them any ideas!
    So we're pretending that bringing 1939 Batman back in Generations Shattered isn't absolutely an excuse to force him back onto the JSA?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    So we're pretending that bringing 1939 Batman back in Generations Shattered isn't absolutely an excuse to force him back onto the JSA?
    Yes, for now I'm pretending just that! If/when they shoehorn Batman into the JSA, I will simply shake my head and laugh. I might even give the book a try!

However once upon a time I would've thrown my hands up in disgust and sworn off such a book.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Robin
    Teen Titans
    Justice League (oh god)
    Superman and Action Comics
    "Cable was right!"

I like to think of it as analogous to Marvel's New York City, where despite housing 90% of their entire superhero universe, there's still rampant crime. Man, they must be really good at their jobs.
    All, or most of Gotham’s heroes are street level.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    All, or most of Gotham’s heroes are street level.
    Let me take a cheap shot at Marvel, bruh.

I know they are. The strongest Gothamite meta is probably Alan Scott, but even so. There are so many Gotham-based heroes you really gotta wonder how they've yet to clean much up.

Let me take a cheap shot at Marvel, bruh.

I know they are. The strongest Gothamite meta is probably Alan Scott, but even so. There are so many Gotham-based heroes you really gotta wonder how they've yet to clean much up.
    They're only human ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're only human ?
    Only humans don't fly to Apokalips and beat down Darkseid to revive their dead son who gets superpowers from the ordeal.

Mighty Member

All I could say is Marvel has many variety choices to choose from, if you don't like Spider-Man or Avengers runs, then you can check out X-men books. But in DC however, variety is limited and you neither be a Batman Fan or get out our company!!