Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Why no word about LSH?

I don't understand why DC has yet to announce what's going on with this book. I'm one of those who's been enjoying Bendis' run on LSH, but then again I've enjoyed every incarnation of these characters, so maybe I'm just easy to please. I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I won't be shocked if it's officially cancelled. But why not just announce it already? Why the big mystery? Even if DC editorial is so screwed up they just sort of "forgot" to announce it was killed, why hasn't Bendis said anything?

Quote Originally Posted by docgymll View Post
    I don't understand why DC has yet to announce what's going on with this book. I'm one of those who's been enjoying Bendis' run on LSH, but then again I've enjoyed every incarnation of these characters, so maybe I'm just easy to please. I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I won't be shocked if it's officially cancelled. But why not just announce it already? Why the big mystery? Even if DC editorial is so screwed up they just sort of "forgot" to announce it was killed, why hasn't Bendis said anything?
    what do you expect Bendis to say? he hasn't his back covered by Didio anymore so he has to be careful.

Extraordinary Member

This is not unusual. Well, maybe for DC since they are almost always upfront about final issues, but if there is something coming up for LSH this summer, we will not hear anything until the month leading up to the solicits for it. If it is canceled we probably won't know until Future State LSH #2 is out.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Not really surprised as nothing has been said about Red Hood either outside of the Urban Legends serial.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My first question is always how's the sales

Well, issue 12 coming next week is the Final issue of this run, if I'm not mistaken. Then there is FS LOSH and that's it, as far as we know.

All-New Member

It's harder than it used to be to get accurate sales data. But if you look at Comichron data from October 2020 (most recent full estimates they have), then LSH 10 was estimated at 28-34k. That's the same level estimated for Wonder Woman and Flash. On the other hand, pretty much every ongoing below that level has now been cancelled. Given everything, it wouldn't be surprising to see this cancelled. I just think it's odd that it wasn't solicited as a final issue, and Bendis hasn't said anything. DC is typically pretty clear about when something is ending.

Fantastic Member

It's harder than it used to be to get accurate sales data. But if you look at Comichron data from October 2020 (most recent full estimates they have), then LSH 10 was estimated at 28-34k. That's the same level estimated for Wonder Woman and Flash. On the other hand, pretty much every ongoing below that level has now been cancelled. Given everything, it wouldn't be surprising to see this cancelled. I just think it's odd that it wasn't solicited as a final issue, and Bendis hasn't said anything. DC is typically pretty clear about when something is ending.
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...96356631265280

Issue 12 has also been delayed, so it's possible that DC is spacing out the LOSH return to give Sook some lead time.

I think I saw that too. Considering Green Lantern that's a big name only started in April, not March, if Legion continues, it will be after the delayed issue #12, and in the later months. June or further.

It is in the realm of possibility than the Legion could continue in june. As is possible DC will publish finally a JSA book too in that month. But it is more probably they announce another Batman title.

And it is true than DC is more open about the cancelation of titles instead use stealth cancelations. But about the Legion, who knows?

The question is if Bendis is going to be at the head of the title. I think it is better having him in the Justice League than in the Legion.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...96356631265280

Issue 12 has also been delayed, so it's possible that DC is spacing out the LOSH return to give Sook some lead time.
    It's out this coming Tuesday, actually. Preview: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/15/dc...per-heroes-12/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I hope Bendis leaves the title and the Legion goes back to classic continuity.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's out this coming Tuesday, actually. Preview: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/15/dc...per-heroes-12/
    It was due out in December.

Then let's see if the new one will show up in May

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Then let's see if the new one will show up in May
    We'll have to wait and see. But I think people's distaste for the Bendis run (or Bendis in general) is causing them to work backwards from their hope that the book has been canceled. Bendis has suggested otherwise, and DC usually doesn't stealth-cancel books. Additionally, Jim Lee has been candid in interviews that they wanted to slowly roll out the line after Future State. So I'm trying not to read too much into its absence from the solicits.