Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
Yeah, in my personal draft of the idea, we'd have Ayla Ardeen (Pulse), Telepathy and electricity generation. Driven, focused, though occasionally lets her fiery temper get the best of her, or D’ana Morgana (Inferno), illegitimate Daughter of Sun Boy. Half Tamarian. Chip on her shoulder, or Gen Arrah (Alchemist), the son of Element Lad. Needs physical contact for his powers to work. Can transmute own body. Calm, collected and highly spiritualized or Adrin Londo (Lone Wolf). Timber Wolf’s illegitimate kid. Enhanced physical abilities and senses on par with his old man, coupled with the training he received from his adoptive father, Sensei, Karate Kid’s master, make him a force to be reckoned with. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. As the name states, not a people person. Among many others. IMHO, this take would allow us to play a lot with nostalgia, paying homage to a lot of the past Legions' history, while allowing to chart a new path.

Also in my personal draft I'd have Rokk Krinn, as the inheritor o the R.J. Brande fortune, and assisted by Nura Nal’s precog guidance, goes on to fund and form a new Legion of Super-Heroes. Among the new Legion’s allies and supporters are United Planets Councilor Queen Projectra, Mars Science Police Chief Jacques Foccart, galactic talk show celebrity super-star Tenzil Kem and UP Fleet Admiral Gim Allon. Universally renowned and wanted smuggler Jade Dragon, in reality former Legionnaire Jo “Ultra Boy” Nah, is also an unexpected and frequent ally.
In the team itself, we'd have Querl Dox II (Brainiac 6), in reality the original Querl Dox (Brianiac 5) in a younger cloned body, after his original was basically destroyed during an experiment. Brash, arrogant, Lar Gand (Mon-El). Freed once again from his self-imposed exile in the Phantom Zone, following a long recovery on Daxam from wounds suffered at the hands of the FF. Though he’d rather have nothing to do with the Legion, Mon is a great inspiration for the new Legion, and some practically worship him. While a little given to bouts of melancholy, Mon-El is still the calm and self-assured man that used to inspire his teammates and Drake Boroughs (Wildfire). As an energy being, still alive after all these centuries. But is it really Wildfire? Brash, unpleasant.

Peace
great idea well thought out just in a thread that seems much more thought out and enjoyable and therefore profitable than what DC invested money and time into (the Bendis Legion). Not exactly how I would do it but I would buy it and give it a chance. I like the pitch. How can DC green light what they did? It's Bendis and he wants it and he'll put jon in it, that's all it seems they went with, on a property that had been mothballed for a while. If you are going to bring back a once great franchise you have to bring them back better than this. I should have known when those Legion millennium issues didn't move me a millimeter (I would say inch but an inch is too far).