Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well, if they are serious about Future State it may be that they are exploring permutations of the future that are not tied to LOSH. Maybe they are only the future on some earths or maybe in some future earths they grow differently, like maybe from Batman followers, or Martian Manhunter or the Titans. We will see

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Well, if they are serious about Future State it may be that they are exploring permutations of the future that are not tied to LOSH. Maybe they are only the future on some earths or maybe in some future earths they grow differently, like maybe from Batman followers, or Martian Manhunter or the Titans. We will see
    I can believe there would be that path to follow. Batman of the 30th century. It is a winner. Who needs the Legion anymore?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I can believe there would be that path to follow. Batman of the 30th century. It is a winner. Who needs the Legion anymore?
    No, not the Legion is no more altogether. Just different origins. I think they will always be inspired by the classic heroes but maybe instead of being primarily connected to Superman it might be Aquaman or Batman or Dr Light of whoever

Let the reality set in that with the new omniverse, DC can now offer a Batman title to whichever creator wants one. And they can be set in a setting far removed from the main line, so they can have more creative freedom.

Bendis is most likely going to be busy with one of the many Batman books.
    And Checkmate.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Hmmmmm. Given Bendis work on the Skrull story from Mighty Avengers and that era a Bendis Checkmate might actually come close to recapturing the intrugue and tension if the Rucka era.

The latest issue was very rushed. It feels like Bendis' run is going to end very abruptly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    I hope Bendis leaves the title and the Legion goes back to classic continuity.
    This, dilly dilly, or hear hear, or affirmative

Fantastic Member

Sad ending for this failed revamp of LOSH. Heartbrokenly sad, and unprofessional.

I hope Bendis leaves the title and the Legion goes back to classic continuity.
    Seconded. Heck, I'd be game for any of the past continuities.

Peace

What it seems to me it is than this Bendislegion killed any further interest in the Legion, at least in this forum. And now with Bendis in the Justice League we must wonder who will be the one in charge of give this reboot some relevance. Because I doubt than Bendis could be capable to manage two different teams with different members at the same time.
    So, who is the writer who could save something with this or at least give it a decent send off?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    What it seems to me it is than this Bendislegion killed any further interest in the Legion, at least in this forum. And now with Bendis in the Justice League we must wonder who will be the one in charge of give this reboot some relevance. Because I doubt than Bendis could be capable to manage two different teams with different members at the same time.
    So, who is the writer who could save something with this or at least give it a decent send off?
    Don't know who writes it but maybe it is revealed that the Bendis Legion is just another one of the Time Trapper's pocket universe deals, which gets destroyed in the next giant crossover storyline that restores the retroboot Legion to canon.

Don't make me feel hope.

Sad ending for this failed revamp of LOSH. Heartbrokenly sad, and unprofessional.
    How did it compare to the Waid(?)/Kitson Supergirl LOSH series?

I know Waid’s Threeboot isn’t the most popular run, but I would easily take it over Bendis’ first 12 issues. Beautiful art in both series, but Waid’s is far more coherent, imo.

The threeboot was not too bad. nice art. not too far from the original LSH. The: Eat it Grandpa grow old quickly and they lost the focus. but between the Bendisboot ? anytime
    Last edited by joebleau; 01-20-2021 at 06:44 PM.