Mighty Member

Default am watching X-Men animated series...

I'm sort of bing watching this at the moment. Really good show dealing with complex themes and stories. The first episode opening with Morph's death (or perceived death) is really shocking. The characters are well rounded and also the writers didn't dumb it down for the audience. If this show was made today it'd be about as complex as a piece of cotton candy.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I'm sort of bing watching this at the moment. Really good show dealing with complex themes and stories. The first episode opening with Morph's death (or perceived death) is really shocking. The characters are well rounded and also the writers didn't dumb it down for the audience. If this show was made today it'd be about as complex as a piece of cotton candy.
    You should check out the Incredible Hulk series if you liked the X-Men series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    You should check out the Incredible Hulk series if you liked the X-Men series.
    Yeah I definitely plan to check that out. Any other recommendations? I've heard Silver Surfer and one of the Avengers cartoons are good

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Yeah I definitely plan to check that out. Any other recommendations? I've heard Silver Surfer and one of the Avengers cartoons are good
    The tones are really different since they're more sci-fi and campy than the Hulk, X-Men, Earth's Mightest, but I liked the Fantastic Four. The second part of the season feels different. The first part can feel kinda slow. The second part is when they actually have shading. Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes is the best Avengers cartoon.

Mighty Member

Default am watching X-Men animated series...

and what a great show. I liked it a lot as a kid. It's funny watching them now as an adult some of the episodes are real sad. Love in Vain, where Rogue finds her long lost boyfriend only to lose him again when he becomes what looks like a Skrull. But The Juggernaut Returns is good too. Caine was such a jerk in this episode. I thought the flashbacks would soften him a bit, but he was a jerk to Xavier even then. And yet through Charle's compassion he still saved his life even though he didn't deserved it. Poor Xavier. I'm sure Juggernaut has some good development in the comics though, haven't read X-titles in a while though.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the best xmen character ever created. hands down.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!