Extraordinary Member

Default One Piece Gauntlet Matches

This will be a match inspired by a pro-wrestling gauntlet match.

That means the two people start, and the winner of that match fights the next guy, and continues to fight until he loses. And then the guy who beat him goes on until he loses, and so on.

Their will be several Gauntlet matches here, and the competitors will be the big bads of each arc.

First up, the East Blue Saga Gauntlet

1. Iron Mace Alvida
    2. Captain Morgan
    3. Buggy the Clown
    4. Captain Kuro
    5. Don Krieg
    6. Arlong

Second, the Paradise Gauntlet

1. Nefertari Vivi
    2. Mr. 5
    3. Mr. 3
    4. Wapol
    5. Crocodile
    6. Bellamy the Hyena
    7. Enel
    8. Foxy
    9. Rob Lucci
    10. Gecko Moria
    11. Kizaru
    12. Boa Hancock
    13. Magellen
    14. Akainu

The New World Saga
    1. Demalo Black
    2. Hody Jones
    3. Caesar Clown
    4. Donquixote Doflamingo
    5. Jack the Drought
    6. Charlotte Katakuri

(Note: I am leaving Big Mom and Kaido off this match for the sake of having the winner be a question. Big Mom is obviously better than every other villain before her in the new world except Kaido, so ending and katakuri is my preference.)

East Blue Saga is the only one that's debatable.

Paradise Gauntlet most cant even get through the logia intangiability much less wtv hakii defense the admirals would use to block. I'd say Akainu wins just because he came out on top against Aokiji, but it feels like magma VS ice was an advantage for Akainu from the start. So, I could see Kizaru winning.

New world saga is somewhat debatable, but only because I can't figure how Caesar poison would interact with Katakari. Katakari should beat either Jack or Don Flamingo 1 on 1.
    I think Caesar could beat Jack based on their fighting styles, but Don would destroy the poison poison man.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, Don Krieg might take out Kuro simply because of how well-protected he is with his armor, and Kuro having limited control over his speed. But I tend to think that Kuro's speed would make him a better opponent against Arlong who can just outmuscle Don Krieg pretty decisively.

The Paradise gauntlet is between Kizaru and Akainu. I don't think anybody else in it can really match them. Magellan and Hancock would be the closest, but they're not enough I'd say.

As for the New World gauntlet. Hody Jones was largely a joke at worst and a punching bag at best, even after several power-ups. Without haki he's not doing squat to Ceasar, who in turn ain't touching Doflamingo. Jack has some impressive endurance, but he's yet to outright defeat anybody impressive so we don't really know exactly what he's capable off, so I think that Doffy takes him as well. Now Doffy vs. Katakuri is a match-up well worth discussing all on its own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hmm, Don Krieg might take out Kuro simply because of how well-protected he is with his armor, and Kuro having limited control over his speed. But I tend to think that Kuro's speed would make him a better opponent against Arlong who can just outmuscle Don Krieg pretty decisively.
    Krieg does have that poison gas bomb, so if he can last long enough that might be enough to take out Arlong.

As for Kuro, I'm not sure he can make it past Buggy, since Buggy's Devil Fruit negates his primary means of offense.