Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1

    Default Composite STACKED Ant VS Superman

    Composite of all ants on Earth.
    VS

    Current Superman

  2. #2
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,232

    Default

    I uh... Million Billion Ant-Man is probably gonna rip Superman in half like a phone book.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I uh... Million Billion Ant-Man is probably gonna rip Superman in half like a phone book.
    Would it? This seems a lot weaker than Jupiter Gorilla. This isn't the Earth's weight in ants, it is all the ants on Earth. Which is a lot of ants but like... Could every ant on the planet pooled into one move the planet? A little cursory googling says there is less than 100 billion pounds of ants on the planets. Even if they can lift 50 times their body weight (a generous estimation only true of certain ants) we are still huge orders of magnitudes below the weight of the planet.

    Now, the ant's speed is probably going to be nuts, maybe capable of blitzing Superman, but I am honestly not sure they can hurt him.

  4. #4
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Would it? This seems a lot weaker than Jupiter Gorilla. This isn't the Earth's weight in ants, it is all the ants on Earth. Which is a lot of ants but like... Could every ant on the planet pooled into one move the planet? A little cursory googling says there is less than 100 billion pounds of ants on the planets. Even if they can lift 50 times their body weight (a generous estimation only true of certain ants) we are still huge orders of magnitudes below the weight of the planet.

    Now, the ant's speed is probably going to be nuts, maybe capable of blitzing Superman, but I am honestly not sure they can hurt him.
    Back in 2014 they pegged it at something around 3400-5000 times before their body actually couldn't handle the load, specifically the neck. So... it's a bit more than 50.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  5. #5
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,232

    Default

    Also taking your average red ant, you're looking at a weight of 1 to 5 mg. Lowballing an average at like, 2mg, say; you're looking at 4.40924524 x 10 to the 11th pounds with one million billion ants on the planet. Which is like, uh... 2.2 million tons give or take.

    Even using the 50x estimate, you've got a super speed ant capable of hefting around 100 million tons.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Also taking your average red ant, you're looking at a weight of 1 to 5 mg. Lowballing an average at like, 2mg, say; you're looking at 4.40924524 x 10 to the 11th pounds with one million billion ants on the planet. Which is like, uh... 2.2 million tons give or take.

    Even using the 50x estimate, you've got a super speed ant capable of hefting around 100 million tons.
    Isnt 100 million tons like way way below Superman's level?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  7. #7
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Isnt 100 million tons like way way below Superman's level?
    Well, Ben Grimm is what, Class 80? One of his best trucked around feat is compressing a future skyscraper into a sword and swinging it around.

    Regular skyscraper weighs about 350,000 tons. So...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Isnt 100 million tons like way way below Superman's level?
    Yes, exactly. You are comparing

    100,000,000

    To


    5,972,000,000,000,000,000,000.

    That's the weight of the earth and benching that isn't even a taxing workout for modern Supes.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, Ben Grimm is what, Class 80? One of his best trucked around feat is compressing a future skyscraper into a sword and swinging it around.

    Regular skyscraper weighs about 350,000 tons. So...
    What does Ben Grimm have to do with anything?

  10. #10
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    What does Ben Grimm have to do with anything?
    Might be inaccurately comparing things, but if a Class 80s best is under one million tons, 100+ times that has to be something yea?

    Unless currently Clark is just ignoring dudes that aren't into "benching planets" level.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Might be inaccurately comparing things, but if a Class 80s best is under one million tons, 100+ times that has to be something yea?

    Unless currently Clark is just ignoring dudes that aren't into "benching planets" level.
    The class system becomes meaningless past a certain point, and Superman is definitely past that point. Also, he's definitely never fought Ben Grimm, so...

    Current Superman hangs out on a planet as it explodes and flies away without his hair looking mussed.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Like, it can not be understated how broken modern Superman is. He destroys planets by jumping off of the when he's almost out of power. He shatters chains used to tow stars around. He benches the weight of the Earth for 5 days away from the sun and sweats a single drop. He shoves around space fishies big enough to eat the Earth.

    If this was Post Crisis Clark, we'd maybe have a fight on our hands. But Nu and Rebirth are bonkers.

  13. #13
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The class system becomes meaningless past a certain point, and Superman is definitely past that point. Also, he's definitely never fought Ben Grimm, so...

    Current Superman hangs out on a planet as it explodes and flies away without his hair looking mussed.
    Oof then yea, I'm way off.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  14. #14
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,474

    Default

    We tend to underestimate weights. It’s worth noting that 100 million tons is orders (plural) of magnitude less than the (estimated) weight of a single mountain.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  15. #15
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Would it? This seems a lot weaker than Jupiter Gorilla. This isn't the Earth's weight in ants, it is all the ants on Earth. Which is a lot of ants but like... Could every ant on the planet pooled into one move the planet? A little cursory googling says there is less than 100 billion pounds of ants on the planets. Even if they can lift 50 times their body weight (a generous estimation only true of certain ants) we are still huge orders of magnitudes below the weight of the planet.

    Now, the ant's speed is probably going to be nuts, maybe capable of blitzing Superman, but I am honestly not sure they can hurt him.
    The ant's speed to me is probably it's only hope. I just have an image of the ant going straight into Superman's earlobe and trying to cause vertigo. Even then, Superman has way too many ways of taking the ant out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •