Default V-Rex (King Kong 2005) vs Spinosaurus (Jurassic park 3)

Setting/Location: Isla Sorna

Victory Conditions: Death of the opposing character

Motivation: In character

Equipment: N/A

Preparation: N/A

Continuity/Canon: Movie canon for both

Starting Distance: 45 ft

Rules: There is only 1 v-rex

V-rex takes overwhelming odds. The V-rex is noticeably larger than the T-rex, which was just a little bit smaller than the Spinosaurus.

And even then, he basically only won bc the T-rex had to job to establish him as the big bad for the third movie.

Spino has something that the V-Rex does not.

Feats.

Spino is a little smaller but other then that seems to have every advantage. It got hit in the face with a freaking plane and was fine enough to kill a T-Rex like an hour later, even shrugging off a full on bite to its neck. Later in the film it runs straight through a giant metal fence like it's no big deal.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 01-16-2021 at 06:44 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

This might be the butthurt in me, but I refuse to acknowledge that “win” against the T-Rex, damn it.

Also, for what it’s worth, the V Rex was capable of tanking quite a few punches to the face from Jackson Kong who was monstrous in strength. Also had boulders smashed against its face and more or less shrugged it off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Spino has something that the V-Rex does not.

Feats
    I'm sorry but... what? Did you just skip the seven flipping minute fight sequence with Kong?

during which they get body slammed, thrown through the air, slammed into rock, punched, bit, thrown into each other, all by a gigantic and proportionately strong Gorilla with more general punishment than Spino could ever dream of in its movie? To say V Rex doesn't have feats is just hilarious when they probably have more than Spino does.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-16-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I'm sorry but... what? Did you just skip the seven flipping minute fight sequence with Kong?

during which they get body slammed, thrown through the air, slammed into rock, punched, bit, thrown into each other, all by a gigantic and proportionately strong Gorilla with more general punishment than Spino could ever dream of in its movie? To say V Rex doesn't have feats is just hilarious when they probably have more than Spino does.
    7 minutes of getting your butt whooped is not a good look imo.

When it was 1v1 (at the end) he runs straight through that V-Rex like its nothing.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

When it was 1v1 (at the end) he runs straight through that V-Rex like its nothing.
    Yeah.

3 v 1, with the 1 having a handicap, and the 3 still got bodied...

If I were the V. Rexes' agents, I'd recommend them bury this utter embarrassment of a showing.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

I think the V-rex wins via size. He's just too large for the Spino to really grab onto with his jaws.

An entire body could fit into the mouth of a V-rex. Not so much into a T-rex or a Spino.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'd bet on Peter Jackson's King Kong on a 1v4 against Jurrasic Park's T-Rex, Spinosaurus, Indominus Rex, and whatever that super raptor was called in Fallen Kingdom. Hell, add in Blue and her pack to the shindig. The gorilla was not revered as the king of an entire island filled with giant monsters for no reason.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'd bet on Peter Jackson's King Kong on a 1v4 against Jurrasic Park's T-Rex, Spinosaurus, Indominus Rex, and whatever that super raptor was called in Fallen Kingdom. Hell, add in Blue and her pack to the shindig. The gorilla was not revered as the king of an entire island filled with giant monsters for no reason.
    Consensus five years ago was that the I. Rex could beat Kong

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...kong+indominus

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Consensus five years ago was that the I. Rex could beat Kong

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...kong+indominus
    I would grant irex the win but he’s not going to survive that long after Kong makes him work for it. He’s probably going to get picked apart by anyone that comes after him after.

As far as Vrex, again, I really can’t stress that he practically towers over Spino.

I think the reason Trex couldn’t quite clinch the win against Spino was because he couldn’t completely wrap his jaw around the neck of the Spino. Vrex? Not a problem.

Lol, I hate Spino SO MUCH.

I'm going with the Spinosaurus

Good for him, but since Kong's not in the match it's irrelevant, point is we still see an animal weighing dozens of tons body slammed into solid rock with seemingly no ill effect, that boulder Kong kills the first one with is over twice as long as the girl which depending on its composition means it weighs anywhere between dozens to hundreds of tons, Kong lifts is one handed, he then punches the Rexes with that hand and that kind of strength, we see a Rex fall back first several times it's body height onto a stone shelf meaning it's falling 20+ feet with all it's 20+tons behind it, Hell my favorite one is when Kong picks one up and powerslams it with him on top, meaning that Rex is going down likely with the force of 40-50 tons behind it. None of these things even stuns the Rexes, keep in mind large animals like Elephants can't even fall over without risking severe injury, those things were GROSSLY superhuman...superlizard, even if they lose the fight that sequence is chalked full of feats

edit: And for the record Kong loses that fight BADLY if you remove PIS from it, those 20 ton Rexes were nearly ignoring him in an effort to get some 115 lbs of Ann meat or whatever because... reasons, giving him a number of free shots and various slams, she was as much a hindrance for them as she was for Kong, if they all go after the prey that might actually have enough meat for them to care he's getting ripped apart in short order
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-17-2021 at 05:53 PM.