THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman: Worlds of War #1 Preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Bellarie’s coloring can not be praised enough for how much better it makes Janin’s art look. Also get a huge kick out of them using the CW Smallville logo.

This comic will be up there with Wonder Woman as the most beautiful of Future State.
    Really hope PKJ does a good job on his run, I want to be excited about the Superman comics again.

Incredible Member

Looks pretty okay. Does remind me of Superman 400, as PKJ had previously said. It would be about 100000 times better if someone was wearing Kryptonian overpants, though.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm game for this.

Been rewatching SMALLVILLE, so it's extra fun to see the iconography of the show used!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-16-2021 at 07:46 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

well damn!clark really did start a religion. LoL!
    "The great kal el came from the sky in a ball of fire"
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Full circle, I would say.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I feel like saying "Somebody save meeeeeeeee..."

I'm not sure how Clark would respond to this idolization and deifying that's going on while he's in space.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So are we back to the John's origin where everybody knows Superman is from Smallville? Or do they know Clark Kent is Superman in this timeline?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So are we back to the John's origin where everybody knows Superman is from Smallville? Or do they know Clark Kent is Superman in this timeline?
    Future State is a flash forward of the current timeline. Currently everyone knows Clark is Superman, so this is just one of the long term impacts of that reveal. His hometown has become a tourist attraction/pilgrimage site.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    PKJ is keeping Bendis' changes, so everyone knows who Superman is because he publicly revealed his identity

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Future State is a flash forward of the current timeline. Currently everyone knows Clark is Superman, so this is just one of the long term impacts of that reveal. His hometown has become a tourist attraction/pilgrimage site.
    I forgot that. You're right. I'm surprised they're keeping this one. Wonder if it has something to do with the TV show.
    Assassinate Putin!

They've been trying to get rid of it and replace Clark with a younger and hipper model for a while now.

Really looking forward to this! Janin drawing gladiator Supes!

I like the John Carter-like look. A different take than the Superman: Exile gladiator.

Last edited by Robotman; 01-16-2021 at 05:53 PM.