Default Finally read Absolute Carnage

Yeah, read it all, with tie-ins and what not. Overall, pretty damn good. I like the voice Cates gives Spidey. Loved the development of Eddie and Dylan. As with all events, the tie-ins are usually hit or miss but this event had less misfires for me. Wasn’t fond of the Hulk tie-in or the Avengers book, and I think the Miles stuff was a bit off when it came to the hand off from the last Miles story to the next issue in order (according to Marvel Unlimited) in the Absolute Carnage actual book, but still the Miles issues were pretty good overall. I was surprised to have liked the Deadpool books, and I loved the Scream. Lethal Protectors was pretty good for me.
    Now the Venom and ASM were also well done. As long as you’re doing things in order it’s great.

I give this event a solid B. I don’t know if I’ve ever read a big event where I give it more than that so all in all, Absolute Carnage was about as good as I’ve read.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah, I liked Absolute Carnage.

My only gripe with it (but it’s the same with a lot of events) is that it could’ve just been done in the pages of Venom - thus keeping that book stellar and also making the later King in Black more of a big hitter.
    But...it wasn’t and it is what it is. I think Cates and Stegman have done a pretty awesome job on Venom.

It’s all about the cash grab though, isn’t it? I’m happy for the side stories and all, but it would be cool if they came out after the event itself and were featured as “guess what else happened during the event”. But that probably wouldn’t make as much money, would it?

Mighty Member

It was meant to be in the pages of Venom, but Marvel saw that it could be a big event so they did that.
    Honestly, it's pretty great, Cates does a fantastic job with Spider-man, I hope he does amazing one day.
    Stegman is fantastic as always.

Honestly, it's a good book, however the ending lets it down for me. At least the ending in Absolute Carnage #5. Venom #20 is in my opinion a better ending and a great overall cap off issue. I wish that was #6 or a one-shot epilogue with the same artist because that was a fantastic issue.

I'll say go back and read all of Cates' Venom run, it's easily one of the best comics on the shelves currently.