Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I do love the idea of that JSA line-up I have to say (I still dream of something JSA related in the May solicits). I thought the point of this thread was to list appearances of JSA members rather then comment on our ideal line-ups though. To that end we also ought to not that Billy will be in TEEN TITANS ACADEMY.
    What's that thing with the killy Shazam sans Billy? I wish they'd stop with stuff like that. But in any event, I'm not sure Billy should be on the JSA. I'd rather sub back Kent as Dr. Fate while leaving the physical stuff to PG, and rotating Khalid off to FS as the Fate of the future. I'm not sure I even want the Thunderbolt back. They rarely find anything for him or Jakeem to do.

Extraordinary Member

I do love the idea of that JSA line-up I have to say (I still dream of something JSA related in the May solicits). I thought the point of this thread was to list appearances of JSA members rather then comment on our ideal line-ups though. To that end we also ought to not that Billy will be in TEEN TITANS ACADEMY.
    The problem is that appearances of the JSA members aren't happening very fast. You note one, and then....for months there's nothing to talk about as nothing else happens. Business will pick up at some point, one would hope.

Extraordinary Member

You know what the best thing that felt natural about the 1999 JSA series, is that all the members were already appearing in other books at the time.

Jay was in Flash, Sentinel was in Green Lantern and other magic titles. Wildcat was occasionally in the Bat family titles. Dinah was obviously in Birds of Prey. Hippolyta was in Wonder Woman. Jack was in Starman. The Android Hourman had his own series. Courtney just started in the Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. Series.

Only Al and Sand hadn’t been used in a long time. Kendra was brand new.

So in felt like it wasn’t a title shoehorned together. It felt like a natural event.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The problem is that appearances of the JSA members aren't happening very fast. You note one, and then....for months there's nothing to talk about as nothing else happens. Business will pick up at some point, one would hope.
    Oh I'm very aware that the appearances of JSA members are few and far between but I just thought the OP wanted this thread not to turn into a list (I'm actually always happy to talk about the JSA)

Oh I'm very aware that the appearances of JSA members are few and far between but I just thought the OP wanted this thread not to turn into a list (I'm actually always happy to talk about the JSA)
    Honestly it can be anything, I just didn't want a JSA thread about "where is the JSA book, too much Batman" I wanted to talk about my favorite dc team the JSA and people enjoying them, plus maybe give people some hope seeing as that the JSA members are back in continuity and out there in stories to come. That while there is no announced book for now, we can still enjoy the characters to some capacity.

Talk about anything JSA related if you want.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

At least Jay is back in Flash. That's one good thing.

Damage grant Emerson, bring it on
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

From Infinite Frontier #2:

Yeah the main Infinite Frontier series has been great for the JSA so far, can’t wait to see more
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What's that thing with the killy Shazam sans Billy? I wish they'd stop with stuff like that. But in any event, I'm not sure Billy should be on the JSA. I'd rather sub back Kent as Dr. Fate while leaving the physical stuff to PG, and rotating Khalid off to FS as the Fate of the future. I'm not sure I even want the Thunderbolt back. They rarely find anything for him or Jakeem to do.
    Only problem is that Ram V killed off Kent Nelson again in Justice League Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Ummm....maybe not actually.

spoilers:
    He showed up in Titans Academy yearbook because he sent Stitch to the school. It is most likely Kent because he’s in the classic looking Fate uniform and the same writer used Khalid who is dressed differently during his Shazam miniseries. So it looks like both Kent and Khalid are operating as Fate.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    'Tis but a scratch, sir. He'll get better...

'Tis but a scratch, sir. He'll get better...
    Only problem is that these scratches are becoming tiresome

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You know what the best thing that felt natural about the 1999 JSA series, is that all the members were already appearing in other books at the time.

Jay was in Flash, Sentinel was in Green Lantern and other magic titles. Wildcat was occasionally in the Bat family titles. Dinah was obviously in Birds of Prey. Hippolyta was in Wonder Woman. Jack was in Starman. The Android Hourman had his own series. Courtney just started in the Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. Series.

Only Al and Sand hadn’t been used in a long time. Kendra was brand new.

So in felt like it wasn’t a title shoehorned together. It felt like a natural event.
    Agreed, it often feels like DC only see value in grouping the characters together rather than seeing individually interesting characters that happen to also be a team. I guess you could argue DC has that with all teams outside the Justice League.

That said, it has been nice seeing Mr Terrific show up in The Flash and Strange Adventures. After Jay Garrick, MT is probably my favourite JSAer.
    Last edited by exile001; 08-02-2021 at 06:56 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!