Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

My ideal starter JSA post-Future State. (Note these are characters I feel make the most sense, not who I would prefer):

Alan Scott
    Jay Garrick
    Hawkman
    Atom Smasher
    Cyclone
    dr Fate
    Hourman Rick
    Dr Midnight Beth
    Wildcat Yolanda
    Jade
    Obsidian
    Stargirl
    Mr Terrific Holt
    Jesse Quick

Possibly Jakeem later on
    Possibly Powergirl later on

I didn’t even put my favorite Ted Grant on, because I realize Yolanda deserves a second shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    My ideal starter JSA post-Future State. (Note these are characters I feel make the most sense, not who I would prefer):

Alan Scott
    Jay Garrick
    Hawkman
    Atom Smasher
    Cyclone
    dr Fate
    Hourman Rick
    Dr Midnight Beth
    Wildcat Yolanda
    Jade
    Obsidian
    Stargirl
    Mr Terrific Holt
    Jesse Quick

Possibly Jakeem later on

I didn’t even put my favorite Ted Grant on, because I realize Yolanda deserves a second shot.
    Add Hawkwoman and Amazing Man and I'd say 100% agreement.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Alan Scott
    Jay Garrick
    Hawkman
    Atom Smasher
    Cyclone
    dr Fate
    Hourman Rick
    Dr Midnight Beth
    Wildcat Yolanda
    Jade
    Obsidian
    Stargirl
    Mr Terrific Holt
    Jesse Quick

Possibly Jakeem later on

Very good roster

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Very good roster
    I only added the roster from Stargirl show and the upcoming Black Adam movie. Then the core of Alan, Jay and Carter.

Plus a few fan favorites that everyone wants like Powergirl, Mr Terrific and Obsidian.

Unpopular opinion, but but I think after the first 36 issues of a new series, it would be time to phase out Alan and Jay, and push Jade and Jesse to the forefront.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 01-19-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Damage never appeared in the last ten years, then he's still dead after Blackest Night. Did he happen to show up in Heroes in Crisis? A lot of folks made their post-Flashpoint debuts there.
    Damage was with the team that returned in Doomsday Clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Where is Power Girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    She is...nowhere.
    Karen was also with the team that was returned in Doomsday Clock. Before that she was seen trapped in an interdimensional space in Deathstroke. Presumably Manhattan was the one who stuck her there and he let her out when he restored the JSA.
    I want to see the full team that returned in Doomsday Clock. I don't want anybody from there to be arbitrarily dropped, MIA/unaccounted for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

something happened between the beginning of Doomsday Clock and the end and I don't mean 2-3 years. It appeared Geoff had one plan but the PTB had another. I would like to believe they were planning to bring in Hickman to helm the "original" Legion like he said he wanted to. When Marvel fearing losing him offered him both the Claremont and Harras X-Men positions to run the franchise as he saw fit, DC gave the LSH to Bendis, much to my dismay. I also don't think that Johns brought back Wally for him to end up being used like he is being used. I think Johns wanted to bring back the Roy Thomas JSA, the Levitz/Giffen Legion and the Wolfman/Perez Titans, which would have made me extremely happy. However there was some kind of coup d'etat (maybe the other major writers (Snyder, Bendis et all) knew if this happened Johns would be the one ring to rule them all at DC)which changed everything. Maybe Johns can use the next "reboot" do do what he was trying to do in this one.

Incredible Member

something happened between the beginning of Doomsday Clock and the end and I don't mean 2-3 years. It appeared Geoff had one plan but the PTB had another. I would like to believe they were planning to bring in Hickman to helm the "original" Legion like he said he wanted to. When Marvel fearing losing him offered him both the Claremont and Harras X-Men positions to run the franchise as he saw fit, DC gave the LSH to Bendis, much to my dismay. I also don't think that Johns brought back Wally for him to end up being used like he is being used. I think Johns wanted to bring back the Roy Thomas JSA, the Levitz/Giffen Legion and the Wolfman/Perez Titans, which would have made me extremely happy. However there was some kind of coup d'etat (maybe the other major writers (Snyder, Bendis et all) knew if this happened Johns would be the one ring to rule them all at DC)which changed everything. Maybe Johns can use the next "reboot" do do what he was trying to do in this one.
    I definitely think as a far as the Legion goes the original plan was to bring back the Retroboot incarnation, but I don't see why you think they were planning to bring back the Roy Thomas era JSA/Infinity Inc over the Pre-Flashpoint incarnation, which we got in DDC, more or less.

. . . Maybe Johns can use the next "reboot" do do what he was trying to do in this one.
    Sorry, but Johns shouldn't be given any further reboot-the-Universe opportunities.

While he may start out okay, his work usually starts to tread water after a few issues, then gets overly-delayed or rushed in a confusing mess by the time it wraps up.

No thanks.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm hoping the modern JSA is made up of:

Amazing Man II
    Dr. Fate(Kent/Khalid combo)
    Dr. Midnite(Beth)
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Hawkman
    Hourman(Rick)
    Huntress(Helena Wayne)
    Liberty Belle(Jesse)
    Mr. Terrific II
    Power Girl
    Sand
    Stargirl
    Tsunami
    Wildcat(Yolanda)
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

My hoped for JSA is:

Alan Scott/ GL
    Jay Garrick/ The Flash
    Ted Grant/ Wildcat
    Kent Nelson/ Dr. Fate
    Karen Starr/Power Girl
    Michael Holt/ Mr. Terrific
    Pieter Cross/ Dr. Midnite
    Stargirl
    Stripe
    Cyclone

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sorry, but Johns shouldn't be given any further reboot-the-Universe opportunities.

While he may start out okay, his work usually starts to tread water after a few issues, then gets overly-delayed or rushed in a confusing mess by the time it wraps up.

No thanks.
    I moreso want that version more than it has to be Johns however his version of JSA reached a level of popularity and consistent writing I never thought I would see. I loved Thomas' All Star Squadron but that was before I knew or cared about how well a book was selling.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I definitely think as a far as the Legion goes the original plan was to bring back the Retroboot incarnation, but I don't see why you think they were planning to bring back the Roy Thomas era JSA/Infinity Inc over the Pre-Flashpoint incarnation, which we got in DDC, more or less.
    for a minute I was thinking I don't recall Jade in any of the Johns JSA books but then I remember the big Obsidian arc so K'duh my bad. In my mind I was thinking I have seen Jade in artwork and if she wasn't part of the Johns' JSA they must be going back to Thomas'; but Obsidian was a big part of Johns' JSA (makes me wonder why Jade wasn't).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm hoping the modern JSA is made up of:

Amazing Man II
    Dr. Fate(Kent/Khalid combo)
    Dr. Midnite(Beth)
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Hawkman
    Hourman(Rick)
    Huntress(Helena Wayne)
    Liberty Belle(Jesse)
    Mr. Terrific II
    Power Girl
    Sand
    Stargirl
    Tsunami
    Wildcat(Yolanda)
    Way back before Flashpoint, I was looking forward to Amazing Man leading a JSA spin off team in the south like he said he was.

for a minute I was thinking I don't recall Jade in any of the Johns JSA books but then I remember the big Obsidian arc so K'duh my bad. In my mind I was thinking I have seen Jade in artwork and if she wasn't part of the Johns' JSA they must be going back to Thomas'; but Obsidian was a big part of Johns' JSA (makes me wonder why Jade wasn't).
    Jade was involved with other teams, then she died.
    But later on, she got better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Damage was with the team that returned in Doomsday Clock.

Karen was also with the team that was returned in Doomsday Clock. Before that she was seen trapped in an interdimensional space in Deathstroke. Presumably Manhattan was the one who stuck her there and he let her out when he restored the JSA.

I want to see the full team that returned in Doomsday Clock. I don't want anybody from there to be arbitrarily dropped, MIA/unaccounted for.
    I do love the idea of that JSA line-up I have to say (I still dream of something JSA related in the May solicits). I thought the point of this thread was to list appearances of JSA members rather then comment on our ideal line-ups though. To that end we also ought to not that Billy will be in TEEN TITANS ACADEMY.