Incredible Member

Default Back to monthly?

April solicitations were released today, and we've only got one issue of the main title. Has it changed from bi-monthly to monthly, or is this just a blip?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I don't think any titles are released more than monthly after Future State. They raised prices and added pages to some but only 1 issue per month.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Hm. Well, honestly, if the bi-monthly schedule has been an obstacle in getting a great WW title, then I'm not fussed at all. Thanks for the info!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Hm. Well, honestly, if the bi-monthly schedule has been an obstacle in getting a great WW title, then I'm not fussed at all. Thanks for the info!
    It seems we may be getting backups with the Wonder Woman monthly as both come with Diana of Themyscira stories to accompany the main one.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

The problem is. That if we continue to get mediocre runs. It will take longer for them to end. Imagine runs like gww, tamaki or robinson being monnthly. We would have had to bare such writing far longer.

That sucks, I sat through Finch, Robinson and G. Willow Wilson and the one thing that kept me coming back for more was that Wonder Woman was released every two weeks and there was a half a chance for improvement. It reminds me of an old Woody Allen joke, "The food here is terrible! (his friend replies) I know, and they give you such small portions too!".

Hm. Well, honestly, if the bi-monthly schedule has been an obstacle in getting a great WW title, then I'm not fussed at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The problem is. That if we continue to get mediocre runs. It will take longer for them to end. Imagine runs like gww, tamaki or robinson being monnthly. We would have had to bare such writing far longer.
    But, only having to produce one issue a month (as opposed to two) may lighten the load enough on the writer and, perhaps more so, on the artists, so that maybe what does get printed will be more satisfactory to the readers. (It's not guaranteed, but it is possible.)

Rucka was the only one who really used double shipping to his run’s benefit, of pretty much the entire Rebirth line , so I guess the longer wait would suck but I don’t think this is a bad thing. Especially given the constant rotating artists the book’s had.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, only having to produce one issue a month (as opposed to two) may lighten the load enough on the writer and, perhaps more so, on the artists, so that maybe what does get printed will be more satisfactory to the readers. (It's not guaranteed, but it is possible.)
    This is correct. I think you'll see a bit better pacing in the monthly format unless that writer has a lot of side projects... Which they very well might.

I get the concern, though. The King Rath plot in Annette's Aquaman took forever. Legend has it that it's still going . . .

*Crumbles into dust in the wind*

Well, if we're going to be fair, when fans can look forward to reading about their favorite superheroes in TWO, monthly titles, ..Superman's and Batman's adventures aren't really monthly. Someday, Wonder Woman's fans, we hope, will be extended the same opportunity - Tio Mel's two-comic solution.

For my money, that's Wonder Woman carrying the superheroic genre stories - superhero team-ups, Doctor Psycho etc - and myth-n-magic tales, some unfolding entirely on the Island...maybe, in the upcoming Sensation Comics? Don't know...

https://www.comicsbeat.com/sensation...man-anthology/
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-17-2021 at 04:15 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

At the very least, this new monthly schedule should hopefully keep Travis Moore on the title for a while instead of the annoying rotating cast of artists we've had since Nicola Scott and Liam Sharp left the book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Hopefully a monthly issue is of quality enough to enjoy and make anticipation of the next issue high...

Isn't Sensational coming to hard copy soon too..?