Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain Britain (616) vs. King Ghidorah (KOTM 2019)

Fight in London.

Ghidorah 3 miles away heading downtown.

Brian Braddock needs to kill him to win.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Brian, at his moderate-to-high end, gets punched seriously by Juggernaut (a legit high end class 100) leaving a few-mile-long trench with his body through rock, then gets right on up and zips back into the fight.

Ghidorah can't do anything to him at all. Brian can likely just fly at full blast and rip right through the dude. Ghidorah has regen, but eventually, Brian's going to surpass it, as it seems to have limits.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

final wars ghidorah is a better fight.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    final wars ghidorah is a better fight.
    How so? Its not like he's more powerful then Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    How so? Its not like he's more powerful then Legendary.
    He took on FW Godzilla who is probably the most powerful movie Godzilla I'd say that puts him over legendary KG.

Brian wins this. He carries KG into space and throws him into the sun!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Brian wins this. He carries KG into space and throws him into the sun!
    I don't think Brian is strong enough to do that.

Granted I've not read him recently but Ghidora is massive and is blasting a lot of energy in all directions. Not an easy lift and shift.

To me Brian is more likely to just punch holes in the guy flying at him at stupidly high speed like a large British bullet. Keep this up until Ghidorah stops regenerating. In the mean time, Ghidorah doesn't really have feats for precisely hitting targets his size moving at the speeds he can move at, and can't really hurt him anyway (see: Juggy thing I mention above). I'm not sold on Brian flying him up and chucking him into the sun while Ghidorah is resisting, and we can figure he likely will, plus, that would be a self ring out, which is a loss. Nope, bullet is better. If he has to, once he punches a hole, he can fly in and release energy from the inside. Anyone see Armageddon?
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Brian, at his moderate-to-high end, gets punched seriously by Juggernaut (a legit high end class 100) leaving a few-mile-long trench with his body through rock, then gets right on up and zips back into the fight.
    Just to note this; I can't find a high rez scan of it but this description feels like an overstatement of the feat.

It's not a few miles, maybe like one at maximum, and even in the low rez version posted above, Brian doesn't hit the ground until he's a good way from the fight so it's not like he ploughed through the ground the whole way.

And it's ground not solid rock.

I don't have the next page to hand, as I recall Brian was woozy I think? But it's been a geological age since I read this so I'm fuzzy on the details there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Just to note this; I can't find a high rez scan of it but this description feels like an overstatement of the feat.

It's not a few miles, maybe like one at maximum, and even in the low rez version posted above, Brian doesn't hit the ground until he's a good way from the fight so it's not like he ploughed through the ground the whole way.

And it's ground not solid rock.

I don't have the next page to hand, as I recall Brian was woozy I think? But it's been a geological age since I read this so I'm fuzzy on the details there.
    It looks like a lot further than a mile - you can't even see Juggy and Brian there. You see the smoke rising from the whatever-it-was that Juggy busted up which attracted Brian, and the smoke looks tiny in the distance. As I recall, Brian got right up and flew back, and he suffered no real lasting harm. I admit that the trench was less impressive than I thought, but it's still a hell of a smack from a legit high end class 100 who throws down with Thor, Hulk, et. al. with no issues and who trivially dominates lesser folks like Colossus.

Worth noting is that Ghidorah can generate AoE pulses from his body, not just his mouth, which are powerful enough to topple Godzilla and make him roar in pain. Godzilla who is at possibly Class 80/90 himself.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Worth noting is that Ghidorah can generate AoE pulses from his body, not just his mouth, which are powerful enough to topple Godzilla and make him roar in pain. Godzilla who is at possibly Class 80/90 himself.
    That is true, but Godzilla is eating a LOT more of the energy from that blast than Brian would, given his vastly greater facing area. Omni-directional blasts are tough like that.

That said, it's one of the many reasons that I don't think that "catch and fly him to the sun" is a particularly viable tactic. While I question those blasts by themselves hurting Brian, they might distract, put off balance, or otherwise loosen his grasp. Not to mention legs, wing and heads with teeth not being happy about the whole proceeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't think Brian is strong enough to do that.

Granted I've not read him recently but Ghidora is massive and is blasting a lot of energy in all directions. Not an easy lift and shift.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    To me Brian is more likely to just punch holes in the guy flying at him at stupidly high speed like a large British bullet. Keep this up until Ghidorah stops regenerating. In the mean time, Ghidorah doesn't really have feats for precisely hitting targets his size moving at the speeds he can move at, and can't really hurt him anyway (see: Juggy thing I mention above). I'm not sold on Brian flying him up and chucking him into the sun while Ghidorah is resisting, and we can figure he likely will, plus, that would be a self ring out, which is a loss. Nope, bullet is better. If he has to, once he punches a hole, he can fly in and release energy from the inside. Anyone see Armageddon?
    You were saying...

Master Mold(Scale)

Master Mold(Carried)

Master Mold(In Space)

Not a bad feat at all, but Master Mold really didn't do anything to fight back. I don't think that Brian would have trouble lifting a docile or stunned Ghidorah, I just don't see it being all that easy with a resisting version.

Man, the scale of that scan is weird.

In the top image, Master Mold’s feet would each be much bigger than the roof of a very large skyscraper.

In the scan where Brian’s lifting him, his foot is maybe only about three times as tall as Brian is.

I know consistency is tricky sometimes, but that’s not even close.