Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    From what I heard, right after he said that didn't he get wrecked by the wizard when then knife failed to cramp his style at all?
    Some wizards have protections against non-Morganti blades.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Someone has been studying with a former Jhereg assassin.

Spellbreaker was for sure a good example.
    Spellbreaker is now a part of Godslayer, which is also an Anti-Magic Weapon https://dragaera.fandom.com/wiki/Godslayer

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    From what I heard, right after he said that didn't he get wrecked by the wizard when then knife failed to cramp his style at all?
    Unfortunately I do not remember, but I think you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Spellbreaker is now a part of Godslayer, which is also an Anti-Magic Weapon https://dragaera.fandom.com/wiki/Godslayer
    Sadly, I lost interest in the series after the focus shifted (about what, four books in?). Read a few more, then a more recent one, and saw the bit about Lady Teldra.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

From the Book of Swords series:

Doomgiver reflects magic back
    Shieldbreaker nullifies magic and has never failed in doing so.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    From the Book of Swords series:

Doomgiver reflects magic back
    Shieldbreaker nullifies magic and has never failed in doing so.
    Those are both excellent, but as swords go, the one Nik mentioned above negates on a planetary scale I think, and the Otataral swords (there are two mentioned) from Malazan block everything over at least the size of a battlefield where a couple of armies a hundred thousand strong are fighting (figure at least 50 or so square miles).
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Those are both excellent, but as swords go, the one Nik mentioned above negates on a planetary scale I think, and the Otataral swords (there are two mentioned) from Malazan block everything over at least the size of a battlefield where a couple of armies a hundred thousand strong are fighting (figure at least 50 or so square miles).
    To be fair, I'm not sure the sword form of Asuna's pactio blade can do full planetary on its own. That's more her body than the blade itself.

The sword version just cuts through everything and, I think can flatly erase armies of magical beings and stunlock multiple magicians who are threats to entire countries in raw power.

I've not looked at Negima in a while though, been far too taken with its sequel series to go back.

Spectacular Member

Not a weapon as such but The Ghostbusters Gear is pretty effective versus magic as I recall and Bink from the first couple of Xanth books was immune from magical harm as I recall.

Bink was pretty broken, yep.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To be fair, I'm not sure the sword form of Asuna's pactio blade can do full planetary on its own. That's more her body than the blade itself.

The sword version just cuts through everything and, I think can flatly erase armies of magical beings and stunlock multiple magicians who are threats to entire countries in raw power.

I've not looked at Negima in a while though, been far too taken with its sequel series to go back.
    UQ Holder is (a) sequel to Negima and actually covers what happens post-school years in a prologue. A lot of interesting stuff in it, but the latest arc, depending on the direction it goes, may turn me off from the series.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    UQ Holder is (a) sequel to Negima and actually covers what happens post-school years in a prologue. A lot of interesting stuff in it, but the latest arc, depending on the direction it goes, may turn me off from the series.
    I've read Negima?

I'm also up to date on UQ Holder. I'm not sure what your point is here.

Doesn't Hawkgirl's mace disrupt magic because of the Nth metal?

Not sure of the limits of what spells it can break, but it seems comparable to Magik's sword.