Incredible Member

Default What do you want from an Amazons spin-off film

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-ama...ritten%20by,16.

"This is a story that Geoff Johns and I came up with and then introduced to [Warner Bros.]," Jenkins stated. "The events of this story take place after Diana leaves Themyscira, the Island of the Amazons, and there are some twists and turns linked to what will happen between Wonder Woman 1984 and Wonder Woman 3. The production of the project has not yet officially started, but I hope we get it because I love this story."

Since we have a thread discussing what we want in Wonder Woman 3, I thought a thread for the spin-off film could be beneficial, as well. Personally, while I love that Wonder Woman is a character-driven narrative with strong themes, I want a straight-up action film for Amazons of Themyscira. I love the idea of an Amazons vs. Valkyries film with Gundra as the main antagonist.

I also would love a female director who's skilled at action scens. I know Michelle MacLaren wanted an action-heavy Wonder Woman film, and maybe she could helm this spin-off.

Hippolyta, Nubia, Artemis, and maybe Yara could be the main cast with Gundra invading Themyscira to free Circe - since the film will tie into Wonder Woman 3. This film, similar to the first Wonder Woman, can be a game-changer as I've never heard of an all-female Braveheart film.

Also, this would be a good place to determine whether you want Themyscira to open up to the rest of the world or not.

What do you think, Wonder fans? What do you imagine from an Amazons spin-off film? What would you title it? Who would be the main antagonist? Should the Bana-Mighdall play a role? Would this be a chance to have a Themsycira Amazons vs. the New 52 Amazons film? I'll love to hear your thoughts.

I'd have figured an Amazon film set before the events of the first film would have allowed more room for a story, something like them rising up against Hercules. I guess something like an invasion by Gundra could work or maybe a loose adaptation of The Circle.

Maybe use it to flesh out Hippolyta more and expand on the Amazons they did cast already like Artemis.

Yara Flor of course!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd have figured an Amazon film set before the events of the first film would have allowed more room for a story, something like them rising up against Hercules. I guess something like an invasion by Gundra could work or maybe a loose adaptation of[I] The Circle[/I].

Maybe use it to flesh out Hippolyta more and expand on the Amazons they did cast already like Artemis.
    I thought about The Circle. However, I also wondered about a loose adaptation of the New 52 Flashpoint storyline. Mainly, just the Amazons vs. Atlantaneans storyline but with Hippolyta and the Amazons against Queen Clea and the Venturians.

Unlike with Wonder Woman, I would love an action-focused behemoth with mythological creatures and an epic war. Since Diana vs Arthur can never happen, nor would I want it to. Using a loose adaptation for Hippolyta and Clea could work.

I even thought maybe a loose adaptation of Godwatch and Orlando's last run with Kristin Wiig's Barbra Minerva searching for Themyscira and her finding a lost tribe of Valkaryries to wage war against Hippolyta as vengeance against Diana.

I'm usually not a huge fan of the Amazons or stories set in Themyscira; however, I'm actually excited for what Jenkins has in store for us as I do think there is a movie and maybe even trilogy potential here.

Would anyone be interested in a race-bent Donna Troy for the film?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

While I think this is likely not to happen, since this was supposed to bridge the gap between WW2/WW3 production schedules...if it were...

Id say adapt Dooms Doorway. Paradise comes at a price and it is a price that Hippolyta has kept from Diana. The Amazons have been guardians of many things, from the mother box, to the doorway to hell. Circe, who the Amazons thought long gone returns to the Island intent on opening the doorway to let her "children" out. It is up to the Amazons to ensure that hell doesnt escape the Island.

There'd be flashbacks to the gods, amazons fighting hell beasts, and maybe even the reintroduction of the Gods being reborn.

Either Donna or Nubia as the protagonist.

Fantastic Member

If anything, they should do it AFTER Justice League and then tie it in to WW3. Perhaps the amazons discover newfound powers amongst them start to also emerge (as Diana discovered hers much earlier), as the powers of the dead Olympian gods somehow got channeled to various amazons in secret which will eventually become an eventual re-birth of the Olympians (Ares included). Hence the story will be about 12 Amazons (representing the Olympian gods) will go through a process of re-birth. However, Ares' incarnation emerges much earlier and she plans to destroy his parents, brothers and sisters before they are re-born, and hence she plots to do so, but of course, Hippolyta and her "Circle" of body guard will thwart the plot, and she works with the female furies of Apokalips and their army to kill them. However, while the representation of Ares is not successful, the 12 reincarnations instead of choosing to be reborn, decides to sacrifice their life energies and spread it out to the entire amazon population, giving every amazon at least half the strength but equal in speed and duration of WW, creating a massive epic finale battle...from that point, PI evolves into a magical land.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Donna Troy, Nubia and Artemis having significant roles with one of them leading. I left Yara out since she's on the other side of the world, but if the movie's following her as our POV as she makes it to Themyscira and joins the Amazons, that could work too.

Oh, and little slow-mo. It gets obnoxious fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd have figured an Amazon film set before the events of the first film would have allowed more room for a story, something like them rising up against Hercules. I guess something like an invasion by Gundra could work or maybe a loose adaptation of The Circle.

You know, that sounds really fun.

Gundra or Queen Clea would be awesome, but I doubt they're going to use such obscure characters. I just hope it's not Grail. Who knows with Geoff Johns

Incredible Member

Hippolyta and Phillipus as wives

Nubia, more comic accurate Artemis ... possibly even Donna Troy.

Plenty of awesome action like the first film. A broader exploration of Themyscira, perhaps showing what technological, scientific and magical advancements the Amazons have made other than bioluminescent lighting.

As for villains - Circe could be good. Especially if she will appear in WW3. Or a story with Hades seeking to open Doom’s Doorway or similar would also be good.

I’d prefer the focus be on the characters and Themyscira as opposed to a needlessly complicated plot. Just a good action movie with cool characters.