3 42.86%
  • Decent for the price

3 42.86%
  • Terrible

1 14.29%
  • There were digital comics?

0 0%

Default DC Digital First: Opinions so far

Last year dc started putting out digital first series for various characters and series that people enjoy, in fact they are still doing that as some series such as Challenge of the Super Sons, Sensational Wonder Woman, Truth & Justice have started and more series like Next Batman: Second Son are on the way. So I guess I just wanted to ask what everyone's thoughts are so far? I'll even put in a poll for people.

Personally I really like them, I have not read them all but what I have read has been pretty good. What I honestly appreciate is not only does it give DC a chance to try out more or expand on some stories or universes, but the price is really good and actually better then print. Let me explain what I mean, most dc comics are $3.99 or so, that's fine they can set the price but it makes it hard to catch up on series if you're behind because say I'm behind 7 or 8 issues I'm paying somewhere between $29 to $32. However for a digital series with the same number of issues I am paying instead $7 or $8 which is a much better deal to me.

Also feel free to discuss any favorites you have had, I'm a fan of DCeased: Hope at world's end, Injustice Year Zero, Batman: the adventures continues, Challenge of the Super Sons, and I recently just picked up the first two issues for both Sensational Wonder Woman and Truth & Justice.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm probably a bad fan for this but spoilers:
    manga has conditioned me to usually read scans online so I only buy stories/series or runs I'm actually enjoying and invested in
    end of spoilers; so the pricing usually doesn't bother me. I'll usually buy the digital (i've done that with most of Duke's recent stories) and physical just to support stories I care about. my issue with digital first these last couple weeks has been that they've been chopping and cropping Vixen's story all the way up in Truth and Justice. If they are gonna be moving like that I can't support the price point if their gonna skip on quality for no reason. I believe Injustice was digital first and that came out fine, I liked that series a lot.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Good: Truth and Justice, Sensational Wonder Woman

Bad: The ones by Tom Taylor

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I still prefer the discounted digitalized prints since I'm getting more pages for the same price, but some of them are more in line to what I like compared to current main continuity