Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Concept wise; Lyta is still the best. She was introduced in a WW title by a writer who was interested in her and her mythology, she was named after Hipployta and had a very organic character arc in Infinity Inc. Even now she has plenty appeal for a YA audience.

Stephanie is a good substitute is Lyta is unusable now.

Donna feels like another poor attempt to untangle the Gordian Knot than is her origin story.

I don't really care for any of the kids she had with Superman. They are more his kids and tied to his mythology and have little to nothing to do with WW and her mythos.

My head canon preference would be for Diana to have two kids; a girl and a boy. One is named Hippolyta and the other is named Hippolytus.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of which, is the mythological Hippolytus, son of Hippolyta’s sister Antiope, considered a part of Wonder Woman lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Speaking of which, is the mythological Hippolytus, son of Hippolyta’s sister Antiope, considered a part of Wonder Woman lore?
    George Perez's run established Antiope did have Hippolytus with Theseus but no further detail about him was ever really elaborated on in either his run or by later writers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    George Perez's run established Antiope did have Hippolytus with Theseus but no further detail about him was ever really elaborated on in either his run or by later writers.
    Wow, you’d think writers would use a male cousin of Diana. But I guess not.

Trinity is an awful name. I'm expecting she'll be both Bruce and Clark's child. At best all three make her out of clay together so it can at least be a platonic parentage situation.
    I'll still give the character a chance, but she feels unnecessary when Lyta/Fury already exists. Stephanie is also fine but she has much less history to draw on.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Let's not forget the kid she had with The Punisher, who grew up to be Kanto of the New Gods.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Let's not forget the kid she had with The Punisher, who grew up to be Kanto of the New Gods.

And he was a Trevor too??..
    Like Etta says these two really are connected..

If Diana was in the JSA in one universe which member you could see her have a child with?

I could see her and Mr. Terrific (Sloane) have one just so the child could combine the parent's names and call themselves Mr./Miss Wonderrific lol

Given that Hippolyta had a romantic relationship with Ted Grant/Wildcat. I can see them having a child that's not Diana.

Other than that I can see Hippolyta hooking up with Al Pratt, the original Atom. I can see Hippolyta helping him realize his self worth and value. Aside from that, maybe Zatara? :P Or Dr Mid-nite. I can see Hippolyta liking a man who heals. If we're not limiting ourselves to guys, she could also be in relationship with Miss America, Phantom Lady or Liberty Belle.

Sorry, I can't picture Diana with the JSA guys at all. Hippolyta is much more complementary to them.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Given that Hippolyta had a romantic relationship with Ted Grant/Wildcat. I can see them having a child that's not Diana.

Other than that I can see Hippolyta hooking up with Al Pratt, the original Atom. I can see Hippolyta helping him realize his self worth and value. Aside from that, maybe Zatara? :P Or Dr Mid-nite. I can see Hippolyta liking a man who heals. If we're not limiting ourselves to guys, she could also be in relationship with Miss America, Phantom Lady or Liberty Belle.

Sorry, I can't picture Diana with the JSA guys at all. Hippolyta is much more complementary to them.
    Maybe Jason should have the son of a JSA member instead lol, or Diana finding out she has an older sister would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    If Diana was in the JSA in one universe which member you could see her have a child with?

I could see her and Mr. Terrific (Sloane) have one just so the child could combine the parent's names and call themselves Mr./Miss Wonderrific lol
    When Hippolyta was in the JSA i was convinced she'd wind up being Donna Troy's birth mother. I still think that would've been a great resolution to the Donna identity crisis.
    Given Polly's involvement with Wild Cat he'd be the most logical father candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    When Hippolyta was in the JSA i was convinced she'd wind up being Donna Troy's birth mother. I still think that would've been a great resolution to the Donna identity crisis.
    Given Polly's involvement with Wild Cat he'd be the most logical father candidate.
    I'd buy that. It's simple, easy, and to the point. Most of us liked the Hippolyta/Wildcat relationship, therefore there wouldn't be much push back from readers.

Incredible Member

Be nice if she had a daughter that looked like her and not Aremtis.