Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    Not going to help. The only way that helps is if this place was small enough that a moderator could realistically be capable of reading every post in a sub forum. There is only one sure fired way to not have such posts. Not have a forum.

Assuming one wants a forum, and assuming it is is large as CBR, the only thing to do is foster a attitude of trust between posters and moderators. Such that one feels one can go to them when one feels being insulted. And make it aware that you SHOULD do so.

Trust is a huge component of this.
    But he has years of transcripts and data showing him that didnt work. if the reports were shark attack reports it would show one casualty in 2008 and 400 in 2014--with one shark attack taking place on dry land where a CBR shark hacked a swimmers address and threatened to follow her home..

i think it would be time to patrol the waters.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-04-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    But he has years of transcripts and data showing him that didnt work.
    I don't think you and I are talking about the same thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    I don't think you and I are talking about the same thing.
    No I am talking about the new direction as a good move and you are saying it didn't need to be done..am i right?

BANNED

I don't need to trust the mods or admins.
    I just need to know that what ever they say, I will abide by.

Their site. Not mine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I don't need to trust the mods or admins.
    I just need to know that what ever they say, I will abide by.

Their site. Not mine.
    And part of the problem was some of the mods were good friends with some of the clique members. And when they tried to do their jobs friendships were strained. I was hurt by some of the decisions that came down but in retrospect they (the mods) did the right thing..but I know some made it very hard for them to do their jobs.

Right Now Im sure some posters are pouring their hearts out to their perspective mod mates trying to make things go back.

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-04-2014 at 08:41 PM.

BANNED

And part of the problem was some of the mods were good friends with some of the clique members. And when they tried to do their jobs friendships were strained. I was hurt by some of the decisions that came down but in retrospect they (the mods) did the right thing..but I know some made it very hard for them to do their jobs.

Right Now Im sure some posters are pouring their hearts out to their perspective mod mates trying to make things go back.

It's a common situation that arises when people become too friendly with management.
    They lose sight of the hierarchy that's there to make things run smoothly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    It's a common situation that arises when people become too friendly with management.
    They lose sight of the hierarchy that's there to make things run smoothly.
    Exactly. the funny thing is I actually think community forums can return..and I am not against them returning as long as safeguards are put in place to stop gate-keeping, bullying and tribalism. but i have a sneaky suspicion that if they return the safe guards would then be attacked as stifling discussion.

and we will be back to square one.

BANNED

Exactly. the funny thing is I actually think community forums can return..and I am not against them returning as long as safeguards are put in place to stop gate-keeping, bullying and tribalism. but i have a sneaky suspicion that if they return the safe guards would then be attacked as stifling discussion.

and we will be back to square one.
    Only time will tell.
    The mods will have to make tough decisions in the end.

Makes me glad not to be in their shoes.

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

The persons responsible for this are myself, the admins and the mods, but mostly it falls to me to ensure that this new community is a positive example, inclusive and stimulating. The rules in place, that were not in place previously, gsend a clear message to all community members and moderators how this place should function. A good community includes respect, smarts, diverse groups and so much more and that's what we're going to achieve here.

ExcelsiorPrime, while I appreciate the interest in ensuring this community is as good as it can be, all you can do is add to the forum in your own constructive way. You, along with every user here, play a role in how good this community can be. If you contribute to it in a way that is constructive and sets an example for others, you'll see this community grow in to something very special. I guarantee it.

There's really nothing more to discuss. This is a process, it will take time and adjustments, but thus far all signs look good and in time we'll see what we can accomplish here.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams