Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Fantastic Member Lady Midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    271

    Default

    I'm sticking with Moira being the reason that mutantkind fails.
    There's a difference between bringing in characters in order to tell a good story and just adding them on in order to "check all the boxes".

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I'm sticking with Moira being the reason that mutantkind fails.
    That seems likely, waaaaay more likely than being a "fake Moira" like some posters are suggesting. And it might not even be on purpose- the Dominions exist outside of time, but they clearly must be affected in their plans by things resetting decades, or even millennia, outside of it when Moira dies. So, some have suggested that part of the reason for the man-mutant-machine wars, if not the main one, is that the Dominions know that mutants are the reason for that, but they don't know why, or which mutant is the cause.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I'm sticking with Moira being the reason that mutantkind fails.
    Either that or Moria is terrified that she would act against her no matter what...

    To be honest it feels like one of those dumb self fulfilling type prophecies. Keeping the precogs down will make them work against her...

    Blindfold and Destiny should be huge alies right now.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    they'd see Moira stealing genesis' man

  5. #20
    Spectacular Member Bozack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    136

    Default

    They'd see Tini Howard getting booted from Excalibur.

  6. #21
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    The five should accidentally resurrect Madame Webb.
    Was she even a mutant? Because, unless they were lied to about it, they can only resurrect mutants.

  7. #22
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    One thing we haven't seen is how precogs screwed with Moira's plans in her past lives... beyond the obvious Destiny threat and roasting. How is this time any different?
    Ohh this is a good question, all we know is that whatever happened between Destiny and Moira it ended up with Moira being toasted - literally.

    My guess as to what precogs see: the atrocities that mutants do in the name of survival.

  8. #23
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Was she even a mutant? Because, unless they were lied to about it, they can only resurrect mutants.
    According to the Marvel Database . . . yes. Under Origin in her stats, it says: "Human mutant whose blindness and physical limitations allowed her mind to tap into its mystical potential giving her advanced mental powers."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Was she even a mutant? Because, unless they were lied to about it, they can only resurrect mutants.
    Her being a mutant isn't the problem - Sinister and Jackal exchange notes. They're only interested in certain parties because of which section of Marvel they're in. They'd both be able to resurrect clones, though Sinister's are higher quality, since the Five rely on Sinister's ben stores - that's what he's there for. Cerebro also copies mutants but that technology is just telepathy amplified mutant telepathy ins't any different from any other psyche. They could create a clone of Peter Parker if they wanted to and got his DNA. His psyche may not be exact but even the soul was transferred in Jackal's experiments and he didn't need the Five or Cerebro. The main reason they keep it to mutants it because of editorial and Krkao society is hilariously anti-non mutant. Question is
    why aren't the Five thinking about about cloning other beings even for curiosity sake?

  10. #25
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    The five should accidentally resurrect Madame Webb.
    They cant. All they can do is create a body for her. Resurrection isnt complete until a telepath (Xavier) places the mind into the husk. The chances of someone accidentally being resurrected is low

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Was she even a mutant? Because, unless they were lied to about it, they can only resurrect mutants.
    When was it stated that only mutants can be resurrected? The Five can create a cloned body. A person does not need to be a mutant for that to happen. All they would need is the DNA. Cerebro works on non-mutant minds, which is why the Crucible works. For them to resurrect a non-mutant, it would need to be very deliberate as they arent automatically cataloging humans
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-19-2021 at 08:40 AM.

  11. #26
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    They'd see Tini Howard getting booted from Excalibur.
    I wish...
    best reply yet

  12. #27
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That the massive retcon which created Dawn of X is also an in universe one. Perhaps to get mutants on the path of becomming homo novissima (as in winning a race towards that state) or something akin to The City from Ultimate Marvel, in order to join a hive mind which can then harness the power of their X-gene.
    After all the whole Hive Mind heirarchy must have been introduced for a reason in HoX/PoX.
    I had this notion back in the day that the Celestials showed up to various planets in their formative days and seeded the to-be-dominant species with the potential for mutation, and created a servitor race of Eternals able to combine into a Uni-Mind, as part of a bigger plan.

    When the planet was finally 'ripe,' and had millions of mutants, the Celestials would return, the Eternals would combine into a Uni-Mind one last time, and all of mutantkind (and whatever remains of humanity), would merge into a fledgling Celestial, joining the Host and leaving the lifeless husk of their world behind.

    Moira's plan, and now the arrival of so many mutants from Arakko, is hastening the day the Fourth Host returns to pluck the ripening fruit...

  13. #28
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Her being a mutant isn't the problem - Sinister and Jackal exchange notes. They're only interested in certain parties because of which section of Marvel they're in. They'd both be able to resurrect clones, though Sinister's are higher quality, since the Five rely on Sinister's ben stores - that's what he's there for. Cerebro also copies mutants but that technology is just telepathy amplified mutant telepathy ins't any different from any other psyche. They could create a clone of Peter Parker if they wanted to and got his DNA. His psyche may not be exact but even the soul was transferred in Jackal's experiments and he didn't need the Five or Cerebro. The main reason they keep it to mutants it because of editorial and Krkao society is hilariously anti-non mutant. Question is
    why aren't the Five thinking about about cloning other beings even for curiosity sake?
    Technically, the Jackal and Mister Sinister raided each other's labs, but your point is an interesting one. If the rest of the world discovers Krakoan immortality, they could end up turning to the Jackal and his advanced cloning techniques to match or compete against that, or even Tony Stark's biotech regeneration method that restored him and James Rhodes back in the finale of Brian Bendis's Iron Man run. After all, one of the great fears surrounding transhumanism is that without death as the great equalizer, with certain groups of people being able to cheat death on a routine basis, it'll set the stage for an immortal overclass and a permanent underclass of "mere mortals" consigned to live forever, proverbially speaking, under the boot of said overclass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I had this notion back in the day that the Celestials showed up to various planets in their formative days and seeded the to-be-dominant species with the potential for mutation, and created a servitor race of Eternals able to combine into a Uni-Mind, as part of a bigger plan.

    When the planet was finally 'ripe,' and had millions of mutants, the Celestials would return, the Eternals would combine into a Uni-Mind one last time, and all of mutantkind (and whatever remains of humanity), would merge into a fledgling Celestial, joining the Host and leaving the lifeless husk of their world behind.

    Moira's plan, and now the arrival of so many mutants from Arakko, is hastening the day the Fourth Host returns to pluck the ripening fruit...
    Sounds like how Earth X's sequels in that universe answered a lot of the questions about the true nature and origin of a lot of things in Marvel continuity, even if those answers didn't necessarily apply to Earth-616.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •