Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

yeah there aren't any cranes in that scene, just towers for power lines and comms equipment

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Bro, the pics you show are cranes and they look similar to what's in the film but you can clearly see the wire's flowing from one metallic item to another proving that they are all power lines. They definitely look similar but that's not what they were.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Does it matter if it's a crane or not?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Does it matter if it's a crane or not?
    cranes have to be able to support the weight of whatever they're rated for(more actually given that the weight is supported off center), a tower for power lines doesn't have to be nearly as sturdy

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    cranes have to be able to support the weight of whatever they're rated for(more actually given that the weight is supported off center), a tower for power lines doesn't have to be nearly as sturdy
    True but all things considered I don't think it really matters all that much.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

True but all things considered I don't think it really matters all that much.
    It matters pretty significantly when the person who brought it up, and insisted upon it when proven wrong, used that to somehow assert that Cheetah's durability was in the "no sell thousands of tons of force" level, despite any actual evidence of that.

If I say that Aunt May got punched by the Hulk through three downtown Manhattan skyscrapers but got up and walked it off no worries, but the evidence on-panel was that a drunk 50 year old wearing a green suit on Saint Patrick's Day tripped and knocked her through a kakemono banner showing the New York skyline, well, the distinction is pretty freaking important.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It matters pretty significantly when the person who brought it up, and insisted upon it when proven wrong, used that to somehow assert that Cheetah's durability was in the "no sell thousands of tons of force" level, despite any actual evidence of that.

If I say that Aunt May got punched by the Hulk through three downtown Manhattan skyscrapers but got up and walked it off no worries, but the evidence on-panel was that a drunk 50 year old wearing a green suit on Saint Patrick's Day tripped and knocked her through a kakemono banner showing the New York skyline, well, the distinction is pretty freaking important.
    I definitely agree whan you put it that way. You always take the time to explain things to me rather than puting me down thank you BA.

I definitely agree whan you put it that way. You always take the time to explain things to me rather than puting me down thank you BA.
    My pleasure. :-)

To paraphrase Pendaran, we exist here in our own corner of the Internet doing our silly things in our silly way. The writers, artists, actors and directors do not care about us, and aren't going to respect our little corner in their works. So we have our own system. That system doesn't work based on the intent of those people, nor the desires of the legions of fans some of these characters have. Almost all of us had a learning curve adapting to said system. Many people don't stick around. Batman fans who think Batman would win a fight against the stack of Galactus, Lucifer Morningstar and The Spectre aren't going to find the experience amusing, I imagine. :-)
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    My pleasure. :-)

To paraphrase Pendaran, we exist here in our own corner of the Internet doing our silly things in our silly way. The writers, artists, actors and directors do not care about us, and aren't going to respect our little corner in their works. So we have our own system. That system doesn't work based on the intent of those people, nor the desires of the legions of fans some of these characters have. Almost all of us had a learning curve adapting to said system. Many people don't stick around. Batman fans who think Batman would win a fight against the stack of Galactus, Lucifer Morningstar and The Spectre aren't going to find the experience amusing, I imagine. :-)
    Batman could totally beat Spectre by whispering in his ear and convincing him he isn't worthy of his divine powers.

Oh wait. Wrong deity. ;P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Batman could totally beat Spectre by whispering in his ear and convincing him he isn't worthy of his divine powers.

Oh wait. Wrong deity. ;P
    Addressing the literal...

Well obviously, that's why I had to stack Spectre with Galactus and Lucy. Duh.

And of course the reference...

Only Nick Fury can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Oh wait. Wrong deity. ;P
    ...........spectre.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    ...........spectre.jpg
    I'm not surprised this scan exists. Disappointed? Sure. Surprised? Nah.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, Batman regularly defeats the guy who was so crazy that going into his mind drove the Hal Jordan Spectre, a guy who was literally known for having one of the strongest willpowers on the planet even before he became an avatar for God's Wrath, mad in very short order. Obviously he can beat Spectre the same way.

Spoiler.......

As of wandavision episode 5 this just became an unholy stomp for Quicksliver....

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Spoiler.......

As of wandavision episode 5 this just became an unholy stomp for Quicksliver....
    It already was?