Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

I agree with you that Patty and Geoff almost certainly wanted Cheetah to be a badass. They just UTTERLY failed to do that in any way that would be applicable to a Rumble.
    I seriously doubt Patty and Geoff really care about making fights applicable to Rumbles, no matter how many times you use utterly in all caps.

I don’t really understand how cheetahs speed is in question. The movie explictly went out of its way to show us Cheetah could deal with weakened WW. It’s the same deal for how Faorobhandled Superman in MOS. The only difference is they didn’t spend much on speed effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I don’t really understand how cheetahs speed is in question. The movie explictly went out of its way to show us Cheetah could deal with weakened WW. It’s the same deal for how Faorobhandled Superman in MOS. The only difference is they didn’t spend much on speed effects.
    I wouldn't hand Faora Clark's speed feats either. Frankly the gap between MOS and Justice League speed is just too immense.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I seriously doubt Patty and Geoff really care about making fights applicable to Rumbles, no matter how many times you use utterly in all caps.
    Exactly what I've said over and over here and in other threads about that film. And many other films as well. Of course they don't care about this board.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She does have feats. They just don't put her on WW's level, But they are good, such as the crane feat. When WW hit her and the force made Cheetah hit a crane with her back breaking the crane and still not slowing down at all. An average crane can lift 20 tonnes a hundred feet from its support structure so the strength of those pilons is capable of carrying many times that to lift those weights from that angle. The strongest cranes (which Based on the image it was no where near) can lift 1200 tonnes.

So at the lowest possible crane (which based on size it wasnt) she tanked the equivalent of a 40 tons strike into her spinal column like it was nothing. She then grabbed high tension power lines which can carry 66,000 volts and swung on it for a few seconds. It wasn't earthed so she didn't take the full voltage but it did take that full voltage for 20 seconds earthed in the water to KO her.

She was also able to break pieces of the armor that WW wore which in the battle, that had tanked 50 caliber bullets (armor piercing rounds).

She didn't show much feats of strength and speed. But we have some idea in her fight against a very weakened Diana in the White House. And at that time, Diana that was very weakened, was still as fast as she was when she caught the 50 caliber bulletin in the middle East. Based on the fact she could bullet time 3 bullets with her brącelets and got hit by the 4th. So since she was faster than WW at that point, Barbra could bullet time at the very least 5 shots. And that was before her upgrade to Cheetah. So based on that low to mid mid tier speed, but durability definitely approaches at least high mid tier.
    Electricity: you can grab a single high tension wire, no problem. Not a super hero, you could do that and not even feel it, as long as you are not grounded, the current won't arc through you. Birds do this all the time.

Cheetah: Apex-predator Cheetah was not a straight upgrade from Diana-level power. Her initial wish was "I want to be like Diana." This surprised her by giving her WW's power set. But apex predator mode was not an upgrade: her wish was "I don't wanna be like anyone, anymore. I wanna be number one. An apex predator." That first part of the wish drops Diana's powers, it would seem.

Cranes: There are no construction cranes in that scene. There are some powerline towers - a crapton of them, in a weird totally random arrangement - but no cranes at all. When Barbara impacts one of them, after basically slipping off of Diana after the first round of doubles Cirque de Soleil, she doesn't crush it, doesn't destroy it, she hit it with nnot even the force of, for example, Captain America getting shot by Ultron and bouncing into a speeding car. She swings around for a bit on a power cable that's sparking because that's pretty, then it's back to doubles Cirque de Soleil.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Side note... watching the entire clip of Ultron's Quicksilver I truly believe he was a Great! speedster with a TERRIBLE finish. He would have been a decent hero/antihero if they would have had him superspeed without being ridiculously fast.

The gun shot under his feet from Hawkeye proved that he didn't have to "shove" Hawkeye out the way and stay in the way of the gunfire.

Outside of that feat it was pretty good that he could tire out and not be EMMENSLY OP.

Just my opinion. (smile)
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Side note... watching the entire clip of Ultron's Quicksilver I truly believe he was a Great! speedster with a TERRIBLE finish. He would have been a decent hero/antihero if they would have had him superspeed without being ridiculously fast.

The gun shot under his feet from Hawkeye proved that he didn't have to "shove" Hawkeye out the way and stay in the way of the gunfire.

Outside of that feat it was pretty good that he could tire out and not be EMMENSLY OP.

Just my opinion. (smile)
    Why they didn't kill Hawkeye instead I don't know

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Electricity: you can grab a single high tension wire, no problem. Not a super hero, you could do that and not even feel it, as long as you are not grounded, the current won't arc through you. Birds do this all the time.

Cheetah: Apex-predator Cheetah was not a straight upgrade from Diana-level power. Her initial wish was "I want to be like Diana." This surprised her by giving her WW's power set. But apex predator mode was not an upgrade: her wish was "I don't wanna be like anyone, anymore. I wanna be number one. An apex predator." That first part of the wish drops Diana's powers, it would seem.

Cranes: There are no construction cranes in that scene. There are some powerline towers - a crapton of them, in a weird totally random arrangement - but no cranes at all. When Barbara impacts one of them, after basically slipping off of Diana after the first round of doubles Cirque de Soleil, she doesn't crush it, doesn't destroy it, she hit it with nnot even the force of, for example, Captain America getting shot by Ultron and bouncing into a speeding car. She swings around for a bit on a power cable that's sparking because that's pretty, then it's back to doubles Cirque de Soleil.
    There are cranes. And she broke one with her back and wasn't even slow down. And she took the full electricity shock under water. A shok like that is far more than enough to kill a human. And it only KO her. So yea. She has feats. She is not as weak as you are suggesting. She just isn't WW.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    There are cranes. And she broke one with her back and wasn't even slow down. And she took the full electricity shock under water. A shok like that is far more than enough to kill a human. And it only KO her. So yea. She has feats. She is not as weak as you are suggesting. She just isn't WW.
    You are wrong, there are zero cranes. I rewatched the scene twice while writing the response to you. Zero cranes. At all. Power line towers, and not even especially massive ones. You might want to watch the scene before being so insistent.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Easy fix. Someone post a youtube or the like of the fight scene. If there are cranes, note the timestamp.

Edit: Like this one.

Must say, I don't see any actual cranes or such. What I see are what bigadventure names power line towers, aka transmission towers, electrical pylons, etc.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-25-2021 at 05:52 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

You are wrong, there are zero cranes. I rewatched the scene twice while writing the response to you. Zero cranes. At all. Power line towers, and not even especially massive ones. You might want to watch the scene before being so insistent.
    Then watch again. Because the movie clearly shows us power cranes similar to this one for example.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...1Dc2c3SHlcJGit

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Please watch the video sharp posted and tell us at what time you see a crane? what minute/second is one shown?

thanks!
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Please watch the video sharp posted and tell us at what time you see a crane? what minute/second is one shown?

thanks!
    I see power cranes. Something like this.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...1Dc2c3SHlcJGit

Isn't that a power crane?

She doesn't really have any durability feats worth much. In her "stolen powers" form, she was pretty strong, but has zero durability feats of notice. In her "apex predator" (dies a little inside) form, she... again doesn't have anything particularly notable. She wrestles Diana for a bit as they do a cirque du soleil thing in the rain (I'm not remotely exaggerating) then they fall into the water, where a lightning shock almost kills her and leaves Diana completely unharmed.

Quicky was literally exploding Ultron drones into thousands of fragments with zero effort by dashing through them. He's got the ability to pound Cheetah to death eventually and there is literally nothing she can do to him.
    She does have a pretty good blunt force durability feat in apex predator form. When Dianna throws her and she strikes that crane (her back completely arcing across it) and the crane crumbles under the force of the strike.

A crane like that should be able to lift around 10 to 20 or so tonnes (10,000kg). That's at an extended axis point of about 60 to 100 meters.

If said crane was lifting 10 tonnes then the equivalent weight (rated force) at the base of the crane with say a 10 meter length would be nearly 70 tonnes. So structurally that is what the crane should be structured to carry at the point she struck it (which was not at the base but say 70% their) do she hit it with say a 40 tonne weight strike. A stike that hard didn't ko Her or even slow her down.

She also took 10 to 20 seconds of lightning before passing out.

Her durability is decent, I'd say Piero takes it but it's close

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm not seeing any cranes. Please give me a timestamp on the video I provided for the cranes, and I'll look again.

What I'm seeing are transmission towers/electrical pylons similar to this:

Anchor_tower_of_overhead_power_line.jpg

Note: I am not saying their shape is exactly the same as this. But they seem to be of the exact same construction, and for the same purpose - to carry electrical power lines.

Edit: Wth did that turn on its side? Anyway, you get the idea.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate