Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m still in awe of how stupid that origin is, and how it makes zero sense. She kills Steve because he’s a Nazi and she hates Nazis. Ok, why the hell is she on Superman’s side then? He’s a fascist, he’s got his swastika logo, his stormtroopers, his concentration camps, etc, yet not only is Wondy ok with this but she keeps egging him on? It just so perfectly showcases that even with the “It’s an Elseworld” excuse, nothing about how this world is built makes any sense. It’s all just one stupid excuse to get Batman and Superman fighting.
    That the only time he tried to get into her head/POV was in one annual and was to try ride off the movie’s coattails didn’t speak well also.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I’m still in awe of how stupid that origin is, and how it makes zero sense. She kills Steve because he’s a Nazi and she hates Nazis. Ok, why the hell is she on Superman’s side then? He’s a fascist, he’s got his swastika logo, his stormtroopers, his concentration camps, etc, yet not only is Wondy ok with this but she keeps egging him on? It just so perfectly showcases that even with the “It’s an Elseworld” excuse, nothing about how this world is built makes any sense. It’s all just one stupid excuse to get Batman and Superman fighting.
    That super lovin' is fire, bro.

I'm joking, but that's how much thought it felt was put into Diana's motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That the only time he tried to get into her head/POV was in one annual and was to try ride off the movie’s coattails didn’t speak well also.
    Which annual was that?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Which annual was that?
    Injustice 2 Annual #1.

Taylor stated he wrote Diana in Injustice from the perspective that she had always been evil. I guess he changed his mind later but this was not a good choice.

He's stated he is a fan of Diana as written by Perez, Rucka and Simone. It doesn't mean his writing hasn't served her well, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Taylor stated he wrote Diana in Injustice from the perspective that she had always been evil. I guess he changed his mind later but this was not a good choice.

He's stated he is a fan of Diana as written by Perez, Rucka and Simone. It doesn't mean his writing hasn't served her well, of course.
    Yeah, that's why I rank him pretty low even with the excuses of "he didn't write the game/had to work within pre-existing status quo". He showed how all the other Regime characters ended up the way they or tried to explain their POV but with her he just doubled down on the all the game's poor decisions.

And then when he did it was years later and to ride off the coattails of an actual good WW product.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Unfortunately simply being a fan of the character doesn’t mean you can always write the character well. I give Taylor a pass for Injustice, that was a setting created by someone else that he simply had to work with, but he had full control over DCeased and Diana still goes out as a massive jobber there. I just haven’t been impressed with his DC work at all. It’s a shame because his Laura Wolverine book was quite good and I enjoyed his Superior Iron Man book at Marvel, but none of his DC work does it for me.

So yeah as a WW writer he’s ranked very low for me.

Unfortunately simply being a fan of the character doesn’t mean you can always write the character well. I give Taylor a pass for Injustice, that was a setting created by someone else that he simply had to work with, but he had full control over DCeased and Diana still goes out as a massive jobber there. I just haven’t been impressed with his DC work at all. It’s a shame because his Laura Wolverine book was quite good and I enjoyed his Superior Iron Man book at Marvel, but none of his DC work does it for me.

So yeah as a WW writer he’s ranked very low for me.
    DC only wants him to write shock value books. Maybe if they gave him a proper Justice League title he could do better with her. I'd still rather Taylor write Justice League over Bendis.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure it's fair to judge Taylor's portrayal of Diana based on how he writes an evil version of her