Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

What's so wrong about that panel?
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-22-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It wasn't her being stoic either.
    Nevermind it's not important
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 01-22-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    He actually took powers away from Diana, specifically her flight, and I recall in an interview he was asked “can WW fly?? I dunno.” It was kinda sarcastic and passive aggressive to me. She didn’t even get her flight back until halfway through the run. Why would you make her “the daughter of a god”, and then nerf her? It was crazy.
    Who? azz run?

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Who? azz run?
    Yes. 10char

Wonder Woman Vol 5 #37.jpg

The Finch run would have been great if they had just went all in with the playboy aesthetic the comic had.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Is this what you really meant to say?
    Well, maybe if I ever bother to read his SS I’ll expand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    They both play backseat to Batman but idk, seems like anytime most modern writers write the two it always seems to end up with her being a prop to Superman's arc or with her being portrayed inferior whether physically or morally. Kingdom Come, Frank Miller, the stuff Guy McNights posted from the Superman/Wonder Woman romance, Injustice, depictions of the neck snap by writers who aren't Rucka, anytime Tom Taylor writes them, etc.
    On that I agree with you. Despite the “Trinity” hype, traditionally it’s really been the World’s Finest of Batman & Superman that writers care about, with Diana as the third wheel. Waid himself admits he didn’t do a good job with her in KC. Miller’s take on her is totally awful. Taylor sucks and I don’t enjoy any version of his Superman or WW, evil or not, that I’ve read. But ironically Diana is evil in Injustice because NRS are hacks who wanted Batman vs. Superman. However if Diana is there she would clearly take Clark down if he went bad, not Batman, so writers make her evil too because otherwise she’s the obvious choice to take him down. So she’s evil because it serves both Batman and Superman’s arcs for that garbage franchise.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    On that I agree with you. Despite the “Trinity” hype, traditionally it’s really been the World’s Finest of Batman & Superman that writers care about, with Diana as the third wheel. Waid himself admits he didn’t do a good job with her in KC. Miller’s take on her is totally awful. Taylor sucks and I don’t enjoy any version of his Superman or WW, evil or not, that I’ve read. But ironically Diana is evil in Injustice because NRS are hacks who wanted Batman vs. Superman. However if Diana is there she would clearly take Clark down if he went bad, not Batman, so writers make her evil too because otherwise she’s the obvious choice to take him down. So she’s evil because it serves both Batman and Superman’s arcs for that garbage franchise.
    Said it before and I'll say it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Part of the problem is most writers don't read Wonder Woman, so it's usually the World's Finest and the TV Tropes page for Diana tagging along.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The phrase "vegetative injustice" for starters.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Sure, the vegetative injustice line was a bit silly but compared to Diana crunching Orion's testicles, it's a far lesser violation to her character.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Game would have been tolerable if she was leading her own resistance faction independent of Bruce. Though knowing NRS and Taylor, that'll be Harley's role in I3.

Astonishing Member

Sadly, Diana is the most poorly written character in Injustice. =(

Head-canon is the only way I can play the games.

I know I harp on this a lot, but at least the real Wonder Woman came in and told her off for how badly and un-Amazon she was acting.

If only the Injustice-verse Amazons had listened to her...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know I harp on this a lot, but at least the real Wonder Woman came in and told her off for how badly and un-Amazon she was acting.

If only the Injustice-verse Amazons had listened to her...
    Yeah, but the follow up to that was her having zero regrets in the second game and being Batman’s punching bag, twice.

And Taylor deciding the reason she was evil was because a man was mean to her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That she's asking the avatar of the green if he can truly value plants over humans. And, of course, "vegetative injustice." But more than that weird phrase is the wrongness of the question.