Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If they weren't mutants before, they've been retconned as being mutants.

Why does this cover use a flag that's centuries out of date? No St Patrick cross on the Union Jack. It's like Brian's promoting Eirexit!
    I always found this Captain Britain costume a bit generic, without many of the "patriotic" traits of his previous garbs, but I really liked it. It's a cool look.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON OMNIBUS
    Written by DAN ABNETT & JOHN TOMLINSON
    Penciled by GARY ERSKINE, KEVIN HOPGOOD, MIKE COLLINS, PHIL GASCOINE, JOHN ROYLE, TERRY CLARK, JOHN ROSS, BRYAN HITCH & CARLOS PACHECO
    Covers by Alan Davis
    Since the days of King Arthur, the mystical Green Knight has been the protector and embodiment of Britain. Now, as Earth faces environmental disaster, several unlikely champions — including detective Dai Thomas, reporter Kate McClellan and writer Ben Gallagher — find themselves empowered to protect the land! But what are the mysterious spirits of the Pendragon? And can these newly minted heroes — along with Union Jack and WWII hero Albion — unravel the mystery of the Omni-Corporation and stave off the arcane evil of the Bane? It’s a moody and suspenseful thriller as only Marvel UK can provide! And when the Knights formally become a superteam, they’ll face the menaces of Mys-Tech, Baron Blood, Death’s Head II — and the Bane’s terrifying master, the Red Lord! Collecting KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON (1990) #1-18, KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON (1992) #1-15, MYS-TECH WARS #1-4 and DARK GUARD #1-4.
    1016 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93183-4
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

I was so angry at this nonsense that I haven't actually calmed down yet. There were so many out 'n' out mistakes and misconceptions in this that are still being perpetuated to this day.

Gonna hopefully make a list of all the things this guy got wrong, when I get the time.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I just finished reading the Tarot mini-series by Alan Davis and Paul Renaud. For CB completists, Brian Braddock briefly appears in 2 panels in Tarot #4, once in his original "Lion" costume from the 70s and second in his "new" costume from the 80s. He even features on one of the variant covers.

Always great to see CB as drawn by Alan (even if he is invariably coloured-in wrong!).

I bought a digital version of (the first volume of) Davis' Excalibur run the other week. Beautiful art, good characterisations... that doesn't happen so often anymore. It was an enjoyable read.

At the time I remember thinking issue 48 was the best action issue for CB that we'd seen in years. I think Alan Davis must have deliberately chosen to put Brian front-and-centre for a lot of the excitement that issue specifically to make up for the years of Claremont having him be totally useless. It's a good issue for CB fans.