Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Captain Britain No. 1's:

I miss Brian Britain so much! I don't have any faith that he'll return anytime soon.

The only way I see Brian getting any kind of positive air time is if Marvel turn him into a mutant. But even that won't give him back his title.

well, there are two spider-men, multiple spider-women, so, I can see two Captains Britain, especially with the additional context of the multiverse Caps that were explored by Alan Moore and others. Whether he has xyz exact powers or whatever, I don't know. Where's the bo staff at?

I'd like to see him on the Avengers, since Betsy is now with Excalibur. also I could see him as a super-spy character. If he just gets called Braddock, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    One of my favourite exchanges:

Alan Davis art:
    Those are fantastic pieces by Alan Davis. The one with Brian and Meggan is truly beautiful.

Here's hoping 2021 will see the return of the OG costume...

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I miss Brian Britain so much! I don't have any faith that he'll return anytime soon.

The only way I see Brian getting any kind of positive air time is if Marvel turn him into a mutant. But even that won't give him back his title.
    I hope they don't go down that route. If Marvel could turn the Guardians of the Galaxy from a Cosmic B or C team to an almost household name by using the right marketing, it can be done with the good Captain. I think the key is for Kevin Feige to see Brian Braddock in the MCU, and then the ball will start rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    well, there are two spider-men, multiple spider-women, so, I can see two Captains Britain, especially with the additional context of the multiverse Caps that were explored by Alan Moore and others. Whether he has xyz exact powers or whatever, I don't know. Where's the bo staff at?

I'd like to see him on the Avengers, since Betsy is now with Excalibur. also I could see him as a super-spy character. If he just gets called Braddock, fine.
    Super-spy? Hmmm, you're thinking along the lines of what DC did with Nightwing and the Grayson (super-spy) ongoing. Maybe, but I don't see a superhero with such massive power levels as Brian being a super-spy. If it means him getting back into the action and then reverting back to Captain Britain, as they did with Nightwing, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Here's hoping 2021 will see the return of the OG costume...

That is my favourite Cap Britain costume but I doubt we will see its return unless in an alternate universe.

Captain Britain by Mike McKone:

That McKone picture is beautiful.

I understand the X-office wanting to differentiate Betsy from Kwannon and that Captain Avalon is a placation, but I would rather Brian become Captain Britain again. Preferable in his most famous uniform as seen above. I would also love to see Lionheart return too, because she looked great in Brain's original look (in either color) with the original Star-sceptre.

I just don't know how that would work as it would strip Betsy's importance to the lore Hickman is building upon. The destruction of the multiverse really rewritten how this "new" Otherworld works, so...

Not quite sure what Brian's powers are now, since both Chris Claremont and Paul Cornell respectively messed them up and then he became depowered. Jamie Delano had written it so that his physical powers (and flight) were innate with the costume as a prop stopping him from properly developing. If he is still a near-100 tons powerhouse as in Excalibur I'm not sure he can use that sword he was given without disembowelling every villain he fights.

I've always secretly hoped they'd change his name as I knew that being named after a country other than America was always going to be a sticking point for an American publisher that treats anything outside of NYC as being a bit odd. But Captain Avalon is a clumsy name. Just being called Avalon would work better. I'd enjoy a sword and sorcery epic where he travels through the dimensions on a mission for Merlyn or Saturnyne, and then tries to get back to his family.

But then I read the entirety of Excalibur back in the day, hoping he'd be treated as something other than an idiot or in the way. Barring the time when Alan Davis wrote it, that never happened. I can't say that I expect any respect to go his way now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I understand the X-office wanting to differentiate Betsy from Kwannon and that Captain Avalon is a placation, but I would rather Brian become Captain Britain again. Preferable in his most famous uniform as seen above. I would also love to see Lionheart return too, because she looked great in Brain's original look (in either color) with the original Star-sceptre.

I just don't know how that would work as it would strip Betsy's importance to the lore Hickman is building upon. The destruction of the multiverse really rewritten how this "new" Otherworld works, so...
    They should have just made Betsy Captain Avalon, maybe a 3rd item is created because the villain corrupted the other 2, and her powers (for the time) only work in Avalon.

Marvel Reportedly Wants Henry Cavill For Captain Britain:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ptain-britain/

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Tray Man View Post
    Not quite sure what Brian's powers are now, since both Chris Claremont and Paul Cornell respectively messed them up and then he became depowered. Jamie Delano had written it so that his physical powers (and flight) were innate with the costume as a prop stopping him from properly developing. If he is still a near-100 tons powerhouse as in Excalibur I'm not sure he can use that sword he was given without disembowelling every villain he fights.

I've always secretly hoped they'd change his name as I knew that being named after a country other than America was always going to be a sticking point for an American publisher that treats anything outside of NYC as being a bit odd. But Captain Avalon is a clumsy name. Just being called Avalon would work better. I'd enjoy a sword and sorcery epic where he travels through the dimensions on a mission for Merlyn or Saturnyne, and then tries to get back to his family.

But then I read the entirety of Excalibur back in the day, hoping he'd be treated as something other than an idiot or in the way. Barring the time when Alan Davis wrote it, that never happened. I can't say that I expect any respect to go his way now.
    From what I understand his powers are no longer derived from the costume and are now linked to his confidence. I wonder if Betsy has the same thing now..

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    From what I understand his powers are no longer derived from the costume and are now linked to his confidence. I wonder if Betsy has the same thing now..
    Dang! I was hoping they'd overwritten Paul Cornell's confidence powers. It's incredibly hobbling.