Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: X-men Monday 92

Mighty Member

What seeds? If she’s calling introducing swan Betsy as a “seed”, it isn’t. It’s a character that could be used, not a seed.

So where is Morgan now that Apocalypse is gone? Still being dissected alive? She needs to wrap up all her loose ends before she continues. Clan Akkaba is another plot dropped. The alternate CB corps members that were jailed?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Mutant magic *eye roll* no one cares about it and she still hasn’t even properly explained or elaborated upon it.
    She does this seed dropping stuff but gives no teases or hints.
    mutant magic / mutant tech have been explained ad nauseam at this point lol

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    All these seeds she planting are gonna do **** all when this book gets cancelled for being so boring and vague. We are just now getting into mutant magic 16 issues in. She should stick to mini series so she’ll get to the fucking point.
    she was setting up an event . chill . breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    She’s “always planting seeds”? Please let one grow. Please. Just one.

At least she’s consistent. Her interviews are as bad as her writing.
    her book spawned an event .
    what do u guys want, her to link her scripts ? most people in here are openly not even keeping up with the book anymore . the vitriol is kinda extra. anyways .

the last issue was one of the best im excited to see where this goes ! the question abt Brians Avalon powers got my wheels turning
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 01-18-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Word. It was spotty at first but I totally get it now and am intrigued considering our boy Ric is leading the way. Boop!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

What seeds? If she’s calling introducing swan Betsy as a “seed”, it isn’t. It’s a character that could be used, not a seed.

So where is Morgan now that Apocalypse is gone? Still being dissected alive? She needs to wrap up all her loose ends before she continues. Clan Akkaba is another plot dropped. The alternate CB corps members that were jailed?
    Also what happened with King Arthur?

I'm still waiting on Claremont to tie up a bunch of loose ends. *checks watch*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm still waiting on Claremont to tie up a bunch of loose ends. *checks watch*
    X-men Legends

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    it has been on other books, so Excalibur is just repeating the same thing

excalibur introduced it a year prior . it literally laid the groundwork . but we dont have to derail the thread

This. Book. Is. Not. Good.

I would criticize Excalibur more for neglecting most of its cast, but my fave book Marauders is also guilty of the same crime, so I feel like I have no right to talk lol.

At this point y'all are just being salty for the fun of it.

So is that what we're gonna do? We're gonna act like all along mutant magic was considered mutant technology?

That this was properly explained in the first 6 issues of the introductory arc? How many examples of mutant technology and mutant magic did she give us leading up to X of Swords?

Since this is the title that was supposed to be the one exploring that, mutant magic. I don't think its being salty to be critical of a writer that takes 16 issues to do big things with some of the most popular X-Men when other writers in the stable have done it in one to six issues. Al Ewing and Zeb Wells and Vita Ayala and Leah Williams if you need examples.

And if you're going to say well then don't read it if you don't like it--no; thats such a fallacy of an argument. If 3 out of my top 5 xmen characters are in this. Why wouldn't I keep up with whats going on with them.

I have been critical and repetitive in some of my comments. But its because she chooses not to adapt. And she doesn't give attention to half her cast. And her dialogue is just so generic at times.

The Twitter crowd seems to be loving this title though so I guess I am in the minority.

The excuse that she was setting up an event so she couldn't go more in depth. Come ON.

This will be the last negative thing I say of this series.
    Last edited by CGAR; 01-18-2021 at 09:57 PM.

I guess that I'm in the minority on this forum, but I still enjoy the comic. I'm not afraid to call it one of my favorites.

I think that a problem maybe that the data pages aren't doing this comic a favor. Some of this data may be better off being explained in the comic.

Felt that the last issue was a very good one. I want to see some more of the Captain Britain corps that is based on Betsy.

I'm also looking forward to the upcoming issues that deal with Kwannon.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-18-2021 at 10:13 PM. Reason: spelling

I don't think its being salty to be critical of a writer that takes 16 issues to do big things with some of the most popular X-Men when other writers in the stable have done it in one to six issues. Al Ewing and Zeb Wells and Vita Ayala and Leah Williams if you need examples.
    Al Ewing did it in 1. With Peepers. Peepers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

What comic was that Cable vs Stryfe battle from?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So is that what we're gonna do? We're gonna act like all along mutant magic was considered mutant technology?

That this was properly explained in the first 6 issues of the introductory arc? How many examples of mutant technology and mutant magic did she give us leading up to X of Swords?

Since this is the title that was supposed to be the one exploring that, mutant magic. I don't think its being salty to be critical of a writer that takes 16 issues to do big things with some of the most popular X-Men when other writers in the stable have done it in one to six issues. Al Ewing and Zeb Wells and Vita Ayala and Leah Williams if you need examples.

And if you're going to say well then don't read it if you don't like it--no; thats such a fallacy of an argument. If 3 out of my top 5 xmen characters are in this. Why wouldn't I keep up with whats going on with them.

I have been critical and repetitive in some of my comments. But its because she chooses not to adapt. And she doesn't give attention to half her cast. And her dialogue is just so generic at times.

The Twitter crowd seems to be loving this title though so I guess I am in the minority.

The excuse that she was setting up an event so she couldn't go more in depth. Come ON.

This will be the last negative thing I say of this series.
    Also it cannot be a title one can drop so easily since it is a critical piece of the Hickman's X-Line.

I don't think it's being salty, people can have legitimate criticism and I totally agree with you that it is wayyy too decompressed.