Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: X-men Monday 92

To say that this interview did nothing to spark my excitement for reading this book further or hope that it might get better would be an understatement.

The last Warren pic is a teaser of the Xcorp comic��?

Gods Below and Above, please don't let Warren get stuck along with the other poor characters in Excalibur.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm so glad I dropped this book after X of Swords. I know, it's only been two months but still...I have no desire to read it now. This interview doesn't help change that. It's a shame, it has my favorite cast but everyone is just so bland.

Bad interview for a bad book.
    First Gambit related question since February 2020 and Tini just ignored it.

I hope Excalibur will end soon so Gambit, Rogue and other characters will be saved from Tini by other writers.

This book is just... meh. I agree on that. The art is solid, but the writing is just boring. I like the cast a lot. But find myself not caring about this book at all. Tini needs to shake things up somehow. I don’t know if it’s the pacing, the villains or what. Can’t really put my finger on it, but it is a very sub par book IMO.

Side note: I did like the panels of Stryfe fighting Cable and calling him “basic Cable.” Had never seen those before. Not hilarious, but amusing.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-18-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Mighty Member

She’s “always planting seeds”? Please let one grow. Please. Just one.

At least she’s consistent. Her interviews are as bad as her writing.

Nice to see questions from some of our own.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mutant magic *eye roll* no one cares about it and she still hasn’t even properly explained or elaborated upon it.
    She does this seed dropping stuff but gives no teases or hints. Yeah I’m very concerned about the Betsy/Kwannon issues going by this interview. She’s just not executed things well. The way she talks about ideas is better than when she writes her ideas into stories. New writer please.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

She was asked directly about Gambit and didn’t even bothered caring to respond. Could she be more transparent?

All these seeds she planting are gonna do **** all when this book gets cancelled for being so boring and vague. We are just now getting into mutant magic 16 issues in. She should stick to mini series so she’ll get to the fucking point.

A book with 5 characters I usually love that I can't stand anymore. Kudos to the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    She was asked directly about Gambit and didn’t even bothered caring to respond. Could she be more transparent?

All these seeds she planting are gonna do **** all when this book gets cancelled for being so boring and vague. We are just now getting into mutant magic 16 issues in. She should stick to mini series so she’ll get to the fucking point.
    I couldnt believed it. So I read it and I still can't believe she ignored Gambit.

You can always lant, but you also have to develop things before people get tired. mutant magic has been ingering since the first issue

WARNING! WARNING! My excitometer is registering dangerously low levels of enthusiasm coming from the writer!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

It’s a shame Tini keeps dragging her feet, because the creation of a new form of magic sounds interesting, and it’s what I’ve wanted to see since this book started. I suspect that all of this boring filler is her way of stalling because she has no idea how to execute that concept yet.
    Last edited by Dipter; 01-18-2021 at 11:23 AM.