Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    If I am correct he appeared briefly in Abnett's run helping Mera with the crown of thorns.

BTW - In the wedding in KSD's last issue, he appears just as a wallpaper after years not seen.
    Even in the Abnett issues, he was given bugger all panel space.
    The guy is a serious force to be reckoned with, but is constantly given the rough end of the pineapple.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I liked his costume, i found very on par with the other ones, cause i like most of them. The worst part is that he got killed.

Visually this series is fine to great most of the time, the problem is the script and i keep hoping they going to solve this in season 3.
    I think my main problem with the overall look is if it's not in that collage with the other Garths I would've thought it's Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    He was sidelined I believe for a reason, they wanted a character that appealed to diversity and Garth does not have those requirements. Since New 52 ten years have passed and nobody used the character again with a brief exception by abnett, so its must be editorial input.
    Ohoho was that why Jackson was introduced in Brightest Day... and Arthur was revived too

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think my main problem with the overall look is if it's not in that collage with the other Garths I would've thought it's Arthur

Ohoho was that why Jackson was introduced in Brightest Day... and Arthur was revived too
    Oh please Garth was not sidelined for Jackson. Garth was not Aqualad decades before Jackson was even an idea. If DC introduced a new Wonder Girl, Robin, and Kid Flash what was stopping them from doing the same to Aqualad?

Well, I'm expecting them to introduce Jackson on Titans eventually with how they killed off Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Oh please Garth was not sidelined for Jackson. Garth was not Aqualad decades before Jackson was even an idea. If DC introduced a new Wonder Girl, Robin, and Kid Flash what was stopping them from doing the same to Aqualad?
    Yes and no. Garth was in Blackest Night and was a prominent in PAD/Abnett/Larsen/Jurgens Aquaman(basically the real last run of Aquaman which lasted till 2001, before New52, I exclude the early 2k stuff(busiek etc) which is Aquaman in name only) - But yes If they wanted they could use him again, they didn't.

But with New 52 the role of Aqualad was removed completely and neither would have resurfaced if it wasn't for Future State, and that would have been a pity. Both, are characters with loads of potential.

Originally from what I read in Future State both Jackson and Garth would have been included. But they realized that in the Future State Justice League both of them would be too "old". So they came up with Andy, as they also wanted a female character to take the role, who btw was intended to have blonde hair, but having seen the rise of Mera's popularity, they gave her red hair to connect with her mother. Besides that, they opted for Jackson.

But Garth is a pity that he is wasted, doubt we will see him anytime soon, not because of Jackson taking his place, but because they don't really know what to do with him and editorial input as well.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-31-2021 at 02:39 PM.