Extraordinary Member

Default Scott Lang: The Underappreciated Ant-Man - Appreciation 2021

Happy New Year to Scott Lang .

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Loved the Nick Spencer run. Big thanks to whoever it was last year who pointed me in that direction.

I'll always remember the Darwyn Cooke version as my favorite...

RIP Darwyn Cooke

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I'll always remember the Darwyn Cooke version as my favorite...

RIP Darwyn Cooke
    I didn't know Cooke drew Scott! Cool .

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Loved the Nick Spencer run. Big thanks to whoever it was last year who pointed me in that direction.
    Awesome run! Scott was lighthearted and had a great supporting cast.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Scott deserves more love. This adorable cinnamon roll!

I'll get to reading his runs when I've found the time.

Extraordinary Member

Just reread Children's Crusade and when Scott is brought back he is shown love. Jessica Jones hugs him and Hawkeye (Clint) shakes his hand. It is pretty much after this that he becomes the punching bag.

Zeb Wells did a good job striking a balance to competent and aloof. More of that. I get the feeling he got hit with the same stick with Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Zeb Wells did a good job striking a balance to competent and aloof. More of that. I get the feeling he got hit with the same stick with Clint.
    Where Scott becomes "friends" with a nazi made of bees .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where Scott becomes "friends" with a nazi made of bees .
    Scott to Tony..."You've been a real bummer since you quit drinking."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just reread Children's Crusade and when Scott is brought back he is shown love. Jessica Jones hugs him and Hawkeye (Clint) shakes his hand. It is pretty much after this that he becomes the punching bag.
    Of course, so did Clint.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Scott joined Fortnite

Extraordinary Member

Just some thoughts on my dream Ant-Man series.

Scott is a licensed P.I. in Miami. The series opens with Scott recovering a stolen 1998 Mclaren F1 worth nearly $20M dollars earning a 5% recovery fee of nearly a million dollars. With this in the bank he is able to move out of the ant hill and into a nice house. While he does take good paying jobs like insurance recovery...he also helps the little guy who can't pay. Think the old USA network show Burn Notice.

Scott is dating Darla Deering. It is difficult with her traveling for her career...but they make it work. When she is on the road they both focus on work...with Scott traveling to see her on occasion. When they are both in Miami they put in the time with each other.

Cassie is in school and part timing as Stinger. Both Scott and his ex-wife Peggy have made it clear that education is a priority. In addition to her academics Cassie is learning from both Scott (the shady side of things) and her step-father Blake (the law enforcement side of things)

Peggy and Blake are on better terms with Scott than previously. Peggy and Scott are co-parenting Cassie and Blake is Scott's sometime police contact. Scott has even helped the police to plant bugs in hard to get into criminal operations.

Kevin (Thunderstrike), his mom Marcie and step-father Bobby have moved to Miami to get out of NY due to all the super powered fights (WoTR was the last straw) and for a better tax environment. Marcie and Bobby keep something of a tight leash on Kevin after he ran off with an Asgardian war party and missed a bunch of school. Kevin's attitude/personality has grown since the AoTG and WoTR into more of a confident warrior from his earlier anger issues and his feelings of not living up to his father's legacy. Kevin and Cassie start dating and fall in love.

Most of the stories would be Scott doing his thing helping people, taking insurance recovery jobs and standard super hero stuff like fighting villains and dealing with AIM, Hydra, etc...There would also be guest appearances with other heroes. For example Scott and Mockingbird team up to take down a Hydra cell...but also have issues working together because Bobbi holds Scott betraying the Resistance during Secret Empire because Hydra held Cassie hostage against him.

There would also be 'interlude issues' that show the others having adventures. While in another city (Paris, Toronto, wherever...) Darla stops a bank robbery as Miss Thing. Cassie has a team up with her BFF Kate Bishop who is in town tracking down a bail jumper for a reward. Thunderstike...after a message in a dream form Skurge and Valkyrie in Valhalla...goes to the Nexus of All Realities in the Everglades to stop an invasion. This brings back Adam Mann from his limited series who actually was the child of a god and is now a powerful demi-god.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 06-06-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just some thoughts on my dream Ant-Man series.

Scott is a licensed P.I. in Miami. The series opens with Scott recovering a stolen 1998 Mclaren F1 worth nearly $20M dollars earning a 5% recovery fee of nearly a million dollars. With this in the bank he is able to move out of the ant hill and into a nice house. While he does take good paying jobs like insurance recovery...he also helps the little guy who can't pay. Think the old USA network show Burn Notice.

Scott is dating Darla Deering. It is difficult with her traveling for her career...but they make it work. When she is on the road they both focus on work...with Scott traveling to see her on occasion. When they are both in Miami they put in the time with each other.

Cassie is in school and part timing as Stinger. Both Scott and his ex-wife Peggy have made it clear that education is a priority. In addition to her academics Cassie is learning from both Scott (the shady side of things) and her step-father Blake (the law enforcement side of things)

Peggy and Blake are on better terms with Scott than previously. Peggy and Scott are co-parenting Cassie and Blake is Scott's sometime police contact. Scott has even helped the police to plant bugs in hard to get into criminal operations.

Kevin (Thunderstrike), his mom Marcie and step-father Bobby have moved to Miami to get out of NY due to all the super powered fights (WoTR was the last straw) and for a better tax environment. Marcie and Bobby keep something of a tight leash on Kevin after he ran off with an Asgardian war party and missed a bunch of school. Kevin's attitude/personality has grown since the AoTG and WoTR into more of a confident warrior from his earlier anger issues and his feelings of not living up to his father's legacy. Kevin and Cassie start dating and fall in love.

Most of the stories would be Scott doing his thing helping people, taking insurance recovery jobs and standard super hero stuff like fighting villains and dealing with AIM, Hydra, etc...There would also be guest appearances with other heroes. For example Scott and Mockingbird team up to take down a Hydra cell...but also have issues working together because Bobbi holds Scott betraying the Resistance during Secret Empire because Hydra held Cassie hostage against him.

There would also be 'interlude issues' that show the others having adventures. While in another city (Paris, Toronto, wherever...) Darla stops a bank robbery as Miss Thing. Cassie has a team up with her BFF Kate Bishop who is in town tracking down a bail jumper for a reward. Thunderstike...after a message in a dream form Skurge and Valkyrie in Valhalla...goes to the Nexus of All Realities in the Everglades to stop an invasion. This brings back Adam Mann from his limited series who actually was the child of a god and is now a powerful demi-god.
    This would be great.