Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Black Adam vs. Jiren

Black Adam vs. Jiren. Who wins?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Black Adam vs. Jiren. Who wins?
    Only thing I'm aware Rebirth Adam did is being half of knocking Rebirth Superboy Prime out...

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Jiren is significantly stronger than SSBE Vegeta and SSBKK Goku, who are themselves significantly, massively stronger than SSG Goku, who was himself in a dustup that threatened to destroy the universe. Jiren is also stronger than a god of destruction, and thus probably all of them.

Jiren could likely meditate/nap through anything Adam can dish. Adam, on the other hand, dies instantly to anything Jiren wants to dish out.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Jiren is significantly stronger than SSBE Vegeta and SSBKK Goku, who are themselves significantly, massively stronger than SSG Goku, who was himself in a dustup that threatened to destroy the universe. Jiren is also stronger than a god of destruction, and thus probably all of them.

Jiren could likely meditate/nap through anything Adam can dish. Adam, on the other hand, dies instantly to anything Jiren wants to dish out.
    My god the dbz power levels have gotten stupid yet they keep getting power ups ever 5 mins....

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    My god the dbz power levels have gotten stupid yet they keep getting power ups ever 5 mins....
    Oh yeah, the levels in Super get insanely high.

Even end of Z Goku or Vegeta wouldn't have a serious issue with Adam, though: the high end Z crowd passed planet-busting many arcs before the end of the Buu saga. And their levels now are orders of magnitude past that.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Oh yeah, the levels in Super get insanely high.

Even end of Z Goku or Vegeta wouldn't have a serious issue with Adam, though: the high end Z crowd passed planet-busting many arcs before the end of the Buu saga. And their levels now are orders of magnitude past that.
    Yep. Like Vegeta, way back in the Saiyan Saga, tried to blow up the Earth and ended up in that now famous beam struggle against Goku. From there, things only escalated. Freeza, obviously. Perfect Cell threatened the entire solar system (no reason to doubt him at that point). Buu was a proven planet destroyer and a universal menace...

Yeah.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

And yet things like heart disease and lack of air can still kill them. It is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    And yet things like heart disease and lack of air can still kill them. It is weird.
    And spicy food lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Even end of Z Goku or Vegeta wouldn't have a serious issue with Adam,
    No you wold need someone on the level of vegito to stomp Adam ss3 goku and ss2 vegeta may win against him but it's definitely not going to be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    No you wold need someone on the level of vegito to stomp Adam ss3 goku and ss2 vegeta may win against him but it's definitely not going to be easy.
    Did Adam get a MASSIVE powerup? He's never been even a planet buster before, and that's barely a workout for end-of-Z Vegeta and Goku. Either can kind of trivially one-shot Adam, from what I understand of his abilities. If he's received a massive powerup, I retract the statement, I'm going on what I know and have heard.

Did Adam get a MASSIVE powerup? He's never been even a planet buster before, and that's barely a workout for end-of-Z Vegeta and Goku. Either can kind of trivially one-shot Adam, from what I understand of his abilities. If he's received a massive powerup, I retract the statement, I'm going on what I know and have heard.
    I don't know if he's a planet buster or not but he has gone up against Superman and Superman level people before I mean I guess you are right if the dbz guys can get a PB atk off right off the bat he is done for otherwise it's going to be a fight.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

That's a question; I'm aware that Superman has been given a buff generally in recent years, right? So, have there been any confrontations with Black Adam or Shazam/Captain Marvel to scale them appropriately?

Also, with the whole continuity thing, does the "broadly his equal," thing from the Post Crisis-era stuff still apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    That's a question; I'm aware that Superman has been given a buff generally in recent years, right? So, have there been any confrontations with Black Adam or Shazam/Captain Marvel to scale them appropriately?

Also, with the whole continuity thing, does the "broadly his equal," thing from the Post Crisis-era stuff still apply?
    I would say a big fat ‘no’ to the latter thing. Nu- and then Rebirth versions of DC characters are explicitly different to post-Crisis, and, depending on the character in question, have been either wildly more powerful, significantly nerfed, broadly similar or have a different power-set entirely.

Post-Crisis equivalency is meaningless in Rebirth DC.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I would say a big fat ‘no’ to the latter thing. Nu- and then Rebirth versions of DC characters are explicitly different to post-Crisis, and, depending on the character in question, have been either wildly more powerful, significantly nerfed, broadly similar or have a different power-set entirely.

Post-Crisis equivalency is meaningless in Rebirth DC.
    Ah, my impression was that Post-Crisis had been absorbed into Rebirth so that stuff still kinda happened but in a different way.

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Ah, my impression was that Post-Crisis had been absorbed into Rebirth so that stuff still kinda happened but in a different way.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Well, my clarification might actually have muddied things.

From what I understand, Rebirth is largely a kind of merging of post-Crisis and Nu-DC (and even that is probably only applicable for some characters, like Superman, but not necessarily all), but given there was massive discrepancy in Nu-DC, there’s still a discrepancy in Rebirth. Only sometimes it’s more so, sometimes less so, and sometimes completely different again.

DC Continuity: Don’t try to understand it.

Down that path lies madness. And Donna Troy, Hawkman and Captain Atom / Monarch / Breach etc.