Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Beetle is Tombstone's daughter??? When was this?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Beetle is Tombstone's daughter??? When was this?
    It was established in Superior Foes.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Attachment 105090

Attachment 105091

Attachment 105091
    Another reason why I’m not convinced Donny Cates is going anywhere.
    Sadly. I don't think that holds weight anymore. https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1352404812269297665

I have the suspicion that maybe this has to do with Cates' state of mind after some events in his life. But honestly, that's far-fetched and even if it was the case it doesn't matter. He is leaving the book for real

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was established in Superior Foes.
    Man i really need to get around reading, plus after finishing Slott run (sidenote:Go Down Swinging sucks, after reading Norman in Sins Rising the downgrade that is Red Goblin hurts more) i probably need something of quality, especially with fans seemingly agreeing that Superior Foes is his best work.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Sadly. I don't think that holds weight anymore. https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1352404812269297665

I have the suspicion that maybe this has to do with Cates' state of mind after some events in his life. But honestly, that's far-fetched and even if it was the case it doesn't matter. He is leaving the book for real
    That's sad, for all Cates flaws and virtues, this is probably the best run of Eddie/Venom as an anti-hero, hopefully whoever remplace him can keep the momentum. I wish that lasted a little longer, but what can you do.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It kind of amazes me that we've gotten 200 issues of Venom. Is that counting Flash's tenure?

I thought that was Vermin on the cover of Silk, but I forget she's fighting a cat-demon thing. I was kind of getting used to Silk with a bob but I actually think she still looks good with long hair, so I'm happy that's back.

When Marvel needs a random horror book, they rope in Carnage.

I had no idea Lizard and Man-Thing were connected.

The Randy/Janice relationship is finally leading to the big Robbie/Tombstone story I've been waiting on for years. When was the last time Robbie was relevant to a major story? Back when Jonah fired him when he defended Peter in Civil War? I don't think Tombstone's been in ASM (aside from those Spiral issues) since the Gauntlet. Also looks like the Boomerang story is going to be developing. What about the new costume though?

Miles' Clone Saga "messes with Miles life even more than Peter Parker's Clone Saga messed HIS life up." For the sake of his popularity, I hope not.

I kinda forget that Black Fox having Felicia steal all that stuff has never quite been explained. Looks like they're finally going to deal with it. Are we reaching the climax of McKay's run?

Is Peter going to get payback for Ben from Conan in Savage Avengers?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Can someone please refresh my memory on the Robbie/Tombstone stuff?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Can someone please refresh my memory on the Robbie/Tombstone stuff?
    It goes all the way back to Gerry Conway's Spectacular Spider-Man run. Long story made short, Tombstone was Robbie's chief tormentor when they were kids, somewhat like Flash Thompson with Peter Parker, only Tombstone got worse as he got older. Even then, Robbie was still so frightened of Tombstone that when he saw him kill someone, he kept his mouth shut rather than turn him in to the police, which allowed Tombstone to make a name for himself with even more killings, becoming a hitman for the New York criminal underworld. Well into adulthood, realizing that Tombstone would never stop unless someone stopped him, Robbie overcame his fear of Tombstone to speak out as a witness to Tombstone's crime(s), but thanks to some corruption in the justice system that Tombstone was able to manipulate, Robbie ended up imprisoned as an accessory after the fact, only to be cleared of that charge and freed later.

The 90s animated series has a somewhat different take on their relationship, where they started off as childhood friends despite young Lonnie Lincoln's penchant for delinquency, only for it to get Lonnie in trouble with the police, whereas young Robbie was able to get away without the police noticing him, partly because Lonnie declined to admit Robbie's part in his crime. As young adults, Lonnie had become a full-fledged criminal and Robbie had become a cub reporter, though resenting that Robbie let him take the fall all those years ago, Lonnie tried to set Robbie up to look like a criminal as well so that Robbie would have no choice but to join him in actual criminality. In their struggle, Lonnie accidentally fell into a vat of chemicals . . . which should have killed him outright, but instead bleached his hair and skin, somehow making said skin as hard as stone and imbuing him with enough physical strength to challenge Spider-Man when he resurfaced as the underworld hitman Tombstone. Making it even more personal was that Tombstone recruited Robbie's disaffected son Randy to be part of his gang, with the plan being to use Randy's membership in his gang as a weapon to ruin Robbie's reputation, family, and life, a plan which Robbie was able to foil with both Spider-Man's help and proving to Randy that he truly did love him and would go to the ends of the Earth for him. Of course, that wouldn't stop Tombstone from setting up Robbie to take the fall for one of his crimes in a later episode, which again forced Peter Parker/Spider-Man to intercede, with help from J. Jonah "Jigsaw" Jameson.

That's about it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It goes all the way back to Gerry Conway's Spectacular Spider-Man run. Long story made short, Tombstone was Robbie's chief tormentor when they were kids, somewhat like Flash Thompson with Peter Parker, only Tombstone got worse as he got older. Even then, Robbie was still so frightened of Tombstone that when he saw him kill someone, he kept his mouth shut rather than turn him in to the police, which allowed Tombstone to make a name for himself with even more killings, becoming a hitman for the New York criminal underworld. Well into adulthood, realizing that Tombstone would never stop unless someone stopped him, Robbie overcame his fear of Tombstone to speak out as a witness to Tombstone's crime(s), but thanks to some corruption in the justice system that Tombstone was able to manipulate, Robbie ended up imprisoned as an accessory after the fact, only to be cleared of that charge and freed later.

The 90s animated series has a somewhat different take on their relationship, where they started off as childhood friends despite young Lonnie Lincoln's penchant for delinquency, only for it to get Lonnie in trouble with the police, whereas young Robbie was able to get away without the police noticing him, partly because Lonnie declined to admit Robbie's part in his crime. As young adults, Lonnie had become a full-fledged criminal and Robbie had become a cub reporter, though resenting that Robbie let him take the fall all those years ago, Lonnie tried to set Robbie up to look like a criminal as well so that Robbie would have no choice but to join him in actual criminality. In their struggle, Lonnie accidentally fell into a vat of chemicals . . . which should have killed him outright, but instead bleached his hair and skin, somehow making said skin as hard as stone and imbuing him with enough physical strength to challenge Spider-Man when he resurfaced as the underworld hitman Tombstone. Making it even more personal was that Tombstone recruited Robbie's disaffected son Randy to be part of his gang, with the plan being to use Randy's membership in his gang as a weapon to ruin Robbie's reputation, family, and life, a plan which Robbie was able to foil with both Spider-Man's help and proving to Randy that he truly did love him and would go to the ends of the Earth for him. Of course, that wouldn't stop Tombstone from setting up Robbie to take the fall for one of his crimes in a later episode, which again forced Peter Parker/Spider-Man to intercede, with help from J. Jonah "Jigsaw" Jameson.

That's about it.
    Wow thanks. I sort of knew there was beef but I guess I had forgotten a LOT of this. I remember their issues in the animated series.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

That's about it.
    Personally, I prefer the childhood friend angle. "Straight arrow."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wow thanks. I sort of knew there was beef but I guess I had forgotten a LOT of this. I remember their issues in the animated series.

Thanks for your help.
    You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally, I prefer the childhood friend angle. "Straight arrow."
    I can understand that, though I like Robbie/Tombstone as a parallel to Peter/Flash, at least in the sense of what might have happened if Flash never reformed and became something even worse than a bully.
    The spider is always on the hunt.