Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spidey related April news.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...nkId=109237902

A Chip Zdarsky Spider-man What if he never took off the symbiote mini series. Venom 200 being Donny Cates Stegman run(athough Donny said he has plans for long game so I assume they mean't collab between Cates/Stegman)

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...nkId=109237902

A Chip Zdarsky Spider-man What if he never took off the symbiote mini series. Venom 200 being Donny Cates Stegman run(athough Donny said he has plans for long game so I assume they mean't collab between Cates/Stegman)
    hmm.. this would be at least the second 'what if' involving the "Peter didn't get rid of it" narrative. There was an issue of the 1989-started What-If series that dealt with it.

I suppose this one deals with the events of King in Black if that's the case.

I like the idea of a What If? mini-series. "Life Story" shows that Zdarsky can do that type of stuff very well with Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I guess it's nice to see Zdarsky writing Spider-Man again but the story kind of feels "been there, done that."

I liked how Life Story started, but as it went on, it was almost like the writing was using some kind of wheel of misfortune for Spidey. Like a bunch of negative **** went on this wheel, and when Zdarsky needed the next plot point, he spun the wheel and put Pete through the wringer. I wasn’t a big fan of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I liked how Life Story started, but as it went on, it was almost like the writing was using some kind of wheel of misfortune for Spidey. Like a bunch of negative **** went on this wheel, and when Zdarsky needed the next plot point, he spun the wheel and put Pete through the wringer. I wasn’t a big fan of it.
    Oh, I liked it quite a lot; it may be one of my favorite Spidey tales of the past 20 years.

It was handled quite realistically IMO and I found any misfortune introduced was in keeping in with the Spidey mythos; I can't name many classic Spidey story arcs that don't have a healthy dose of misfortune, great challenge or even tragedy.

oh another Chip Spidey story lets go
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Oh, I liked it quite a lot; it may be one of my favorite Spidey tales of the past 20 years.

It was handled quite realistically IMO and I found any misfortune introduced was in keeping in with the Spidey mythos; I can't name many classic Spidey story arcs that don't have a healthy dose of misfortune, great challenge or even tragedy.
    Wow, this really says why writers like to torture Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Wow, this really says why writers like to torture Spider-Man.
    isnt every hero tortured just some more than others

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    isnt every hero tortured just some more than others
    You're not wrong, but that doesn't really make it good writing.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You're not wrong, but that doesn't really make it good writing.
    well it gotta stop selling then but it wont cause people like mess up stuff

Sadly Donny Cates has confirmed that he is done with Venom forever, or at least for a long while. A big, big disappointment to say the least. This was probably Venom's best moment, and I sincerely hope the next creative team continues to ride with this momentum.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Sadly Donny Cates has confirmed that he is done with Venom forever, or at least for a long while. A big, big disappointment to say the least. This was probably Venom's best moment, and I sincerely hope the next creative team continues to ride with this momentum.
    I’ll believe it when I genuinely see it.
    I feel like it might come back under a different name/new Venom status quo.

It’s been teased frequently in Donnys run that we will learn the symbiotes true name, so I’m on the fence if that will be where it goes next.

If it does end there, then hats off to the creative team for telling the story they came to tell.

Mighty Member

I'm expecting Cates to continue his story elsewhere.
    In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Venom continues with a new host while whatever title Cates moves to will continue Eddie's story.
    I've seen once that this is the end of the story, but that could be just speculation or the story of Venom.
    I've mostly seen that this is the last issue they will do on Venom, which is fairly vague.