Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Spidey related April news.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...nkId=109237902

A Chip Zdarsky Spider-man What if he never took off the symbiote mini series. Venom 200 being Donny Cates Stegman run(athough Donny said he has plans for long game so I assume they mean't collab between Cates/Stegman)

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...nkId=109237902

A Chip Zdarsky Spider-man What if he never took off the symbiote mini series. Venom 200 being Donny Cates Stegman run(athough Donny said he has plans for long game so I assume they mean't collab between Cates/Stegman)
    hmm.. this would be at least the second 'what if' involving the "Peter didn't get rid of it" narrative. There was an issue of the 1989-started What-If series that dealt with it.

I suppose this one deals with the events of King in Black if that's the case.

I like the idea of a What If? mini-series. "Life Story" shows that Zdarsky can do that type of stuff very well with Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I guess it's nice to see Zdarsky writing Spider-Man again but the story kind of feels "been there, done that."

I liked how Life Story started, but as it went on, it was almost like the writing was using some kind of wheel of misfortune for Spidey. Like a bunch of negative **** went on this wheel, and when Zdarsky needed the next plot point, he spun the wheel and put Pete through the wringer. I wasn’t a big fan of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I liked how Life Story started, but as it went on, it was almost like the writing was using some kind of wheel of misfortune for Spidey. Like a bunch of negative **** went on this wheel, and when Zdarsky needed the next plot point, he spun the wheel and put Pete through the wringer. I wasn’t a big fan of it.
    Oh, I liked it quite a lot; it may be one of my favorite Spidey tales of the past 20 years.

It was handled quite realistically IMO and I found any misfortune introduced was in keeping in with the Spidey mythos; I can't name many classic Spidey story arcs that don't have a healthy dose of misfortune, great challenge or even tragedy.