Default Wakanda (MCU) vs. Mirkwood Elves (Hobbit)

Which of these two armies wins in a battle? Live action versions for both.

vs.

The Wakandan army consists of the ground-forces as shown in Avengers: IW which includes: T'Challa, Okoye & the Dora Milaje, M'Baku & the Jibari, the King's Guard, and the Border Tribe. Shuri and Nakia are present as well. No Avengers or jet-fighters.

The Mirkwood Elves consists of Thranduil and his army as shown in the Hobbit: BOT5A. Legolas and Tauriel are also present. The villagers from Laketown are not there.

Fight 1: Both sides can use their ranged weapons.
    Fight 2: No ranged weapons and the two armies must fight in melee combat.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Yeah, notwithstanding the rest of Wakanda, nothing the elves have is breaching the Black Panther suit, so BP just wades in and decapitates the leadership in short order.

Wakanda out techs the Elves by a bunch.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

As pointed out, Panther by himself will eventually kill every single elf, as there is nothing at all they can do to him.

Not counting T'Challa...

In the ranged match, the guys with direct fire weapons with explosive impacts and energy shields will ruin the guys with archaic tools of combat.

In the non-ranged match, it's probably pretty even between the rank and file, but only Legolas is as good-ish as the Dora Milaje and M'Baku - so the advantage of the elites goes to Wakanda as well.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Thank you all for the responses. As a follow up: how would the melee battle outcome change if T'Challa was wearing the BP suit from Civil War? While I don't believe the Elves would be able to pierce the suit, could the dogpile him? They seemed to have greater numbers from what I remember from the film.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    In the non-ranged match, it's probably pretty even between the rank and file, but only Legolas is as good-ish as the Dora Milaje and M'Baku - so the advantage of the elites goes to Wakanda as well.
    Do you consider M'Baku or Nakia to be better melee fighters than Thranduil or Tauriel?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I feel like this is edging on an intentional stomperoo.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Basically all the Wakandans need to do is form up the same firing line, unload, wait for the lucky ones and have a second line to deal with those in scenario 1. Mirkwood has great archers but they don't have the range or rate of fire.

In scenario 3, the Wakandan soldier has a better defense than a Mirkwood Elf and a ranged game thanks to their standard issue weapons. And unlike MCU American and UK soldiers, Wakandans are on another level entirely when it comes to personal combat. Grunt for grunt, I'd give it to the Wakandans.

This is clearly a stomp for- wait. What was that I saw?
    Legolas and Tauriel are also present.
    Well, crap. That just completely evened the odds. Legolas can't pierce Panther's suit, Panther can't hit Legolas. Meanwhile, they tear into each other's forces.

Unless Legolas somehow is able to dodge 360 degree energy waves, of course Panther can hit him. The elves can't even dogpile him as the mere act of doing so will power-up the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Unless Legolas somehow is able to dodge 360 degree energy waves, of course Panther can hit him. The elves can't even dogpile him as the mere act of doing so will power-up the suit.
    What if T'Challa was wearing the BP suit from Civil War?