Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    A new group: Machine Man, Red She-Hulk, Hellcat, Adam X, Howard The Duck
    I like the idea of Adam X if he's presented as a total d-bag character who still rocks the 90s vibe and can't understand how others have moved on from that era. And the continued wearing of a backwards baseball cap over ridiculously long "Viking braids" is a MUST.

Wouldn't want to see a team book unless Ellis and Immonen are back doing it.

That being said, I would enjoy seeing more of its concepts be brought over to the mainstream Marvel universe, mainly The Captain and the evil talking Devil Dinosaur.

Actually Songbird and Adam X would be great additions. Also even Living Lightning would be interesting to see in the team along with The Captain, Machine Man and Elsa.

Fantastic Member

If it did come back it would need to be a whole new team of characters (not creative team! Ellis/Immonen ARE Nextwave) - maybe doing for the mystic side of Marvel what the first team did for the science aspects. I can see Ellis having a ball with street-talking Man-Thing, Satana and Howard the Duck - stick Jennifer Kale in there as the straight-lace Monica Rambeau type and I would be in seventh heaven.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'd be down for a Nextwave mini providing Ellis was involved. I'd like to see Immonen back but I could live with a replacement providing they are suitably awesome. Pichelli or Schiti would do. As for the team, I realise Spectrum might be off limits but the other 4 would have to return.

Invincible Member

I'd enjoy it if they kept the left of center tone. If Marvel tried to make it a more conventional team book, then I'd be disappointed. They should continue to deal with fringe concepts from the odd corners of the MU and satirical bits.

I could see someone like Simon Spurrier tackling a new Nextwave series.

And Nextwave is one of the few series where I would have no issues dropping a character (Boom Boom) to make it more TV or movie-viable. Sorry, Tabby, but this is what the world needs.

All-New Member

No thanks. Elsa Bloodstone was the only reason I bought the book to begin with, and I didn't like what they did with the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    I could see someone like Simon Spurrier tackling a new Nextwave series.

And Nextwave is one of the few series where I would have no issues dropping a character (Boom Boom) to make it more TV or movie-viable. Sorry, Tabby, but this is what the world needs.
    To make it more tv or movie-viable, the female and black teamleader would be the first element to go, I'm afraid.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    To make it more tv or movie-viable, the female and black teamleader would be the first element to go, I'm afraid.
    Ouch! Thing is, if it was promoted as a sit-com those aspects would stay. It's only when folks decide they want to be "serious" that minority or female leads "don't sell."