Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default The weapons of WW/Amazons

Diana's weaponry has been a hot topic last few years and when it comes to her sidekicks, it is often questioned if they should have their own unique weapon.

What are your thoughts on Wonder Womans weapons? Should the lasso of truth be one of a kind or should they go the Lantern route and have an array of special lassos with their own unique functions? Should the Amazons have more gifted weaponry by the gods?

Well, The Lasso of Truth is a one-of-a-kind weapon and unique and is only wielded today by Diana. However, I like Superwoman's Lasso of Submission and Donna's Lasso of Persuasion, both which are different from Diana's Lasso of Truth. Perhaps one more should be made/given to Diana's Twin, Nubia.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

There’s also Casdie’s lasso of lightning. It (obviously) produces a lightning attack, but can also mess w. emotions and such.
    Not sure if it’s still canon/around though.

Created by Ares, the God of War, this golden lariat is similar to the Lasso of Truth owned by Wonder Woman and Donna Troy's lasso. All are physically indestructible, but the Lasso of Lightning possesses different properties than the others. Upon the command of the wielder, it can generate an electrical current stemming directly from the lighting of Zeus, which can be used to injure opponents. This lasso cannot force its targets to tell the truth, but it can force them to experience intense rage. The force of power is based directly on Cassandra's current level of anger.

Personally, i like the idea of the three original Wonders having the lassos as their main tool. Truth fo r Diana, Persuasion for Donna, wgatever for Cass. Artemis gets the bow, Nubia the sword and shield. All wear the bracelets of the Amazons.

Lanterning the lassos is something I really dislike, as we already have the crayola corps. The lassos should be gold and silver, as Diana's was made of the Girdle of Gaea. Donna's could be woven of the nets of Oceanus ( if going by the Titans of Myth route).

Extraordinary Member

Lassos and the bracelets should be their primary tools.

Amazons, in general, shouldn't have anything that exists purely as a weapon. They can have tools with combat purposes, and nothing that is only used for combat

Fantastic Member

I prefer to keep it simple and as classical...

Sword, Shield, Bow & Arrow & of course, the bracelets. Or if a bit magical, every amazon should possess magical amazonium that can transform into any ancient weapon and armor that is actually their bracelets and tiara. This way they can wear their traditional garbs and within seconds can transform. Tiara becomes a body armor, one bracelet becomes sword; the other one becomes shield. They can transform both bracelets into a bow to and fire lightning.

For Cassie, I prefer she has a lasso given to her by Aphrodite that can make people submit to her will (especially men). It can still have the lightning effect as Haespahestus is technically the thunderbolt maker, so Ares not need to be involved.

In my view, having the other Amazons use lassos doesn't do anything to set them apart from Diana. And no, giving the lassos different powers doesn't change that. Especially for Donna and Cassie who already have the same power set as Diana.

Diana - Sword, shield and lasso.

Nubia - Spear which can transform into a sword, knife or magic staff.

Donna - Staff.

Artemis - Twin sickles and bow.

Cassie - Two gauntlets fueled by her energy.

Akila, Euboea and Menalipe use magic.

I prefer the Lasso of Truth to be unique to Diana. The other Amazons and Donna can have lassos too but without any special properties. And for Cassie instead of some lighting lasso why not give her Zeus' thunderbolt?

Extraordinary Member

IMO, while all Amazons might practice with lassos and bracelets....well, the above post says it all really. But because I've never let that stop me from saying things that have already been said....yeah, ordinary lassos to the other Amazons and Donna, ordinary bracelets to other Amazons, and the specials go to Diana herself and nobody else but her. Otherwise, let them use whatever weapons are period appropriate.

The lasso is unique to Diana. Main thing they'd have in common are the bracelets.

Artemis - Ax and bow-and-arrow.

Donna - Staff

Nubia - Sword and armor are from her time as Ares's servant.

Cassie - Bracelets have the ability to use lightning.

With Nubia & The Amazons today we get to add another unique weapon to the Amazons arsenal.

Lasso of Truth - Diana

Lasso of Lightning - Cassie

Lasso of Persuasion - Donna

Lasso of Submission - Superwoman

Mistress (Axe) - Artemis

Staff of Understanding - Nubia

Golden Boleadoras - Yara

Isn't there already a thread like this?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Isn't there already a thread like this?
    You're a year late on asking that

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You're a year late on asking that
    So, what? Should I just copy and paste what I put in the last thread?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    So, what? Should I just copy and paste what I put in the last thread?
    Go for it!