Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default is Kevin Feige...

the only cog in the machine that makes the MCU work? I mean, God forbid something happened to him, I hope not, but could they appoint someone who can run it like he does? It's such a well oiled assembly line machine at this point. I hope he's not the only key holding it together.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    the only cog in the machine that makes the MCU work? I mean, God forbid something happened to him, I hope not, but could they appoint someone who can run it like he does? It's such a well oiled assembly line machine at this point. I hope he's not the only key holding it together.
    Meh. I'm not one of his detractors, man does decent work in a hard job. But I'm not one of his super fans either. The MCU is a fun popcorn experience, but also tonally safe and forgettable. And he's just one man. He is replaceable. Without knocking him down or saying anything bad about him, he is replaceable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Meh. I'm not one of his detractors, man does decent work in a hard job. But I'm not one of his super fans either. The MCU is a fun popcorn experience, but also tonally safe and forgettable. And he's just one man. He is replaceable. Without knocking him down or saying anything bad about him, he is replaceable.
    Yeah you bring up a good point. I asked a dumb question, lol. Do we know who's going to play Moon Knight yet? I heard it was Oscar Isaac

Yeah you bring up a good point. I asked a dumb question, lol. Do we know who's going to play Moon Knight yet? I heard it was Oscar Isaac
    The cinematographer for Moonknight confirmed its Isaac's

Mighty Member

Default MCU Phase 4 order

So, before COVID hit, by now Black Widow, Falcon and Winter Soldier and the Eternals should have dropped. But with them having to restructure the scheduling, we're getting WandaVision first. So, shouldn't it be watched in the original intended order (whenever those come out)

So, before COVID hit, by now Black Widow, Falcon and Winter Soldier and the Eternals should have dropped. But with them having to restructure the scheduling, we're getting WandaVision first. So, shouldn't it be watched in the original intended order (whenever those come out)
    Nah if it was an an issue they woulda shuffled the release dates. Spiderman 3 is the only thing they don't control the day it comes out. If they needed to change the viewing order of the films they would have. If it was super important they would just pushed everything back in the same order(Minus Spider-Man 3 since the deal with Sony requires it released in a certain window). Eternals wouldn't have been pushed behind Shang Chi if it mattered. My guess is Shang Chi is gonna have bigger effect on other immediate films then Eternals. Eternals will probably have a bigger effect in the long run but Shang Chi not being moved back further makes me thing it's more important it comes out first. Rumors are Baron Mordo is in it im some role. So maybe they have to set up whatever he's doing prior to Dr Strange 2 and Spiderman 3. Anyway trust Feige, if he is releasing them in this order its fine.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Nah if it was an an issue they woulda shuffled the release dates. Spiderman 3 is the only thing they don't control the day it comes out. If they needed to change the viewing order of the films they would have. If it was super important they would just pushed everything back in the same order(Minus Spider-Man 3 since the deal with Sony requires it released in a certain window). Eternals wouldn't have been pushed behind Shang Chi if it mattered. My guess is Shang Chi is gonna have bigger effect on other immediate films then Eternals. Eternals will probably have a bigger effect in the long run but Shang Chi not being moved back further makes me thing it's more important it comes out first. Rumors are Baron Mordo is in it im some role. So maybe they have to set up whatever he's doing prior to Dr Strange 2 and Spiderman 3. Anyway trust Feige, if he is releasing them in this order its fine.
    Yeah I trust they know what they're doing. I love how WandaVison is both an MCU type series (probably more towards the back end episodes of the series) and also a love letter/homage to classic television from the 50s and 60s. So cool.

Yeah I trust they know what they're doing. I love how WandaVison is both an MCU type series (probably more towards the back end episodes of the series) and also a love letter/homage to classic television from the 50s and 60s. So cool.
    Yes the only issue that changed may be supposedly Yalena was supose to have a small part in Falcon and The winter soldier. Which now comes out a little bit before Black Widow I think. So the general audience won't know who she is. Though I'm sure the since Flacon and Bucky won't know her she will explain anyway.

Yea from critic reviews they say episode 3 start to really hint at what's actually going on. But I'd bet money they keep the sitcom format for a majority of the episode until the last couple. They seem to be going by decade and trailers tells us they go all the way up to a modern family type sitcom. So episode 3 70s. Ep. 4 80s, Ep5 90s, and then I think 2000s will just be modern. If they stick to that rate we might get something more MCU looking for the last 3. But who knows they might could break up the 2000s too.

Mighty Member

Default What would have happened if...

Iron Man wasn't the hit that it was? And by less of a hit not a flop more like a modest success or breaking even. Would that have been the first and last try for a Marvel shared universe?
    Last edited by CTTT; 01-18-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Iron Man wasn't the hit that it was? And by less of a hit not a flop more like a modest success or breaking even. Would that have been the first and last try for a Marvel shared universe?
    If Ironman had done the same as Incredible Hulk it would have killed the MCU and Disney might never have bought Marvel. Who knows though,I have no inside info. Now If Ironman still got great critical success but just broke even. Who knows maybe they woulda chanced it on another film.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If Ironman had done the same as Incredible Hulk it would have killed the MCU and Disney might never have bought Marvel. Who knows though,I have no inside info. Now If Ironman still got great critical success but just broke even. Who knows maybe they woulda chanced it on another film.
    Well, I'm definitely glad it succeeded. Even thought it was a risk at the time, I think the creative vision was solid along with the casting. I think having RDJ being the lynchpin to the movie was great. The best part is definitely his performance.

No doubt that was their test movie, if that had not succeeded, there would be no Marvel MCU. They didn't even sign RDJ to a multi-movie deal. That is why he got so much for the other movies, they needed to keep him on. By the time they got to Cap and Thor, they made better deals with Chris and Chris.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

I know it's very very early in Phase 4 and i'm thinking we'll get more of a clearer picture in Spider-Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2, and they've said there'll be another Avengers movie. But what would a Phase 4 Avengers team lineup be?

Mighty Member

Default Peyton Reed and Ant-Man

I remember thinking initially the guy who directed The Break Up with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn was a terrible choice. Add to that, the poor guy had the thankless job of stepping in after Edgar Wright left to do an MCU movie. Plus even some of the cast like Michael Douglas were voicing how they were disappointed that Edgar Wright wasn't directing. So, going into it must not have been easy. Thankfully, I thought he did and has done a great job with Ant-Man. He set a colorful and funny tone.

I know it's very very early in Phase 4 and i'm thinking we'll get more of a clearer picture in Spider-Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2, and they've said there'll be another Avengers movie. But what would a Phase 4 Avengers team lineup be?
    Can't even begin to guess. Depends what happen with these upcoming solo films and Shows.