Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I had caught up then fell of when new chapters halted years ago. Had no idea it was still continuing.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    What a wonderful way to spend boring office days.
    I thought you'd enjoy it. I would take your time with it. Robanker and I binged it in a couple hours. If I could do it again, I would have spaced it out a little more over three hours

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I thought you'd enjoy it. I would take your time with it. Robanker and I binged it in a couple hours. If I could do it again, I would have spaced it out a little more over three hours
    "Just one more strip..."

Always Rakzo

Loved this comic strip... until I learnt that Yale Stewart was a bit of a creep and considering this is mostly a kid-oriented comic, I just couldn't look at it the same way again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Loved this comic strip... until I learnt that Yale Stewart was a bit of a creep and considering this is mostly a kid-oriented comic, I just couldn't look at it the same way again.
    Oh no, what are the allegations and is there evidence?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Oh no, what are the allegations and is there evidence?
    Many women came out saying that he sent unsolicited d*ck pics to them a few years ago.

Many women came out saying that he sent unsolicited d*ck pics to them a few years ago.
    sunova... Him too? Not as bad as Ryan Haywood of Achievement Hunter, but still. You honestly have to wonder what goes through these people's minds when they do these stupid things.

The most recent news I can find are articles from 2014 in which he gives a decent apology where he comes forward and seemingly has made good on the promise to be better since.

Really breaks my heart that he was doing that sort of thing, but have there been reports of him continuing that behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    sunova... Him too? Not as bad as Ryan Haywood of Achievement Hunter, but still. You honestly have to wonder what goes through these people's minds when they do these stupid things.
    In his own admission, he misread the room and thought that they were appropriate. His defense was being a dummy and he owned and apologized for it. Pretty weak if you ask me, but I've learned to never exclusively assume malice where plain old stupidity can be attributed. My condition for accepting that apology is if he actually changed his ways since it was just over six years ago. That's a long enough time if unbroken to believe he's corrected his behavior.

But I understand now why we probably won't see him on licensed product. Really shame. He has talent.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-22-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Thank You for bringing this to my attention. I LOVE it!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Yeah, that would explain why JL8 never got snatched up by DC....

Dang it.

Whelp, it's still a great comic strip.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Well, sad news about his own character aside, I'm otherwise here to add love for his JL8 strip. Haven't seen a new one in (it seems) at least a year, but if one hasn't seen any, it's well worth your time, and a pleasure to read.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Well, sad news about his own character aside, I'm otherwise here to add love for his JL8 strip. Haven't seen a new one in (it seems) at least a year, but if one hasn't seen any, it's well worth your time, and a pleasure to read.
    Almost exactly a year since the last one dropped, but it'd be a satisfying conclusion. The World's Finest is such an important relationship through the entire work and having Clark come raise Bruce's spirit and going home is pure chicken soup, figuratively speaking.

I absolutely want more, but that's an acceptable place to end if we never get more.

I want to add that strip #50 has to be one of the most satisfying Superman moments I've read all decade.

#51 is so great as well.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-23-2021 at 06:12 PM.

The real downside here is that DC will likely never snatch this up to publish it and put it in bookstores, because I think this would be a great gateway drug into the DCU for kids and adults alike...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The real downside here is that DC will likely never snatch this up to publish it and put it in bookstores, because I think this would be a great gateway drug into the DCU for kids and adults alike...
    That is the real shame of it all. I can't imagine a better introduction to these characters for children or kids at heart.

So, so great. When I found this a couple years ago I blazed through the whole thing. It’s been an awfully long time since there’s been a new strip. Every once in a while I go back looking for a new one and wind up reading the whole thing over again.