Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    So, so great. When I found this a couple years ago I blazed through the whole thing. It’s been an awfully long time since there’s been a new strip. Every once in a while I go back looking for a new one and wind up reading the whole thing over again.
    "I really messed up today, Robin."

Gets me every time.

#135 is a moment Bored at 3:00 AM and I refer to all the time. Such a great moment.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The most recent news I can find are articles from 2014 in which he gives a decent apology where he comes forward and seemingly has made good on the promise to be better since.

Really breaks my heart that he was doing that sort of thing, but have there been reports of him continuing that behavior?

In his own admission, he misread the room and thought that they were appropriate. His defense was being a dummy and he owned and apologized for it. Pretty weak if you ask me, but I've learned to never exclusively assume malice where plain old stupidity can be attributed. My condition for accepting that apology is if he actually changed his ways since it was just over six years ago. That's a long enough time if unbroken to believe he's corrected his behavior.

But I understand now why we probably won't see him on licensed product. Really shame. He has talent.
    Oh yeah I remember that. If I remember correctly he did when he was younger, years before he started JL8.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    sunova... Him too? Not as bad as Ryan Haywood of Achievement Hunter, but still. You honestly have to wonder what goes through these people's minds when they do these stupid things.
    There was... I was surprised when I found out about it... but apparently there was a belief among young american guys, like, teen age, college age, that sending dick picks is a way of flirting. That if you believe the girl is flirting with you in their text, you send yours, and the girls will send their nudes back.

I have no idea who taught them that, but apparently it's common enough that a lot of girls are complaining about it, and make fun of it. There's a whole tumblr account dedicated to make fun of the stupid/creepy/gross ways boys think is flirting... and this is different than the account compiling stupid Tinder "flirting".

That was... when was New 52?... Between 2011 to 2015 I think. Don't know if that account is still up, don't know if this is still a thing because it's been exposed and made fun of on the internet.

With teen boys learning to flirt, I get the feeling they genuinely believe that. As they get older, they may or may not find out that it's wrong, it depends on whether they pay attention or have enough self-awareness, but this being about genitals and therefore private... a private wrong take longer to unlearn since there's less people know about it and therefore less people to call it out and speed up the process.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-25-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The beauty of the younger generation growing up online is that everyone'll have embarrassed themselves so thoroughly by the time they're out of their teens and early 20s, people will be a lot more forgiving of people making an ass of themselves...at least that's my hope.

It seems Yale Stewart is focusing on his own projects so it seems highly unlikely that he'll ever return to JL8 anyway since he wouldn't be able to make any money off it without AT&T pouncing on him.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It seems Yale Stewart is focusing on his own projects so it seems highly unlikely that he'll ever return to JL8 anyway since he wouldn't be able to make any money off it without AT&T pouncing on him.
    I'm always curious how certain fan projects manage to find funding without repercussion and others don't. Seems complicated.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I'm always curious how certain fan projects manage to find funding without repercussion and others don't. Seems complicated.
    Honestly, I think it all comes down to the execs at the top being either clueless or benevolent enough to let it continue.