Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I would LOVE it if NBC Universal cared about the Xena: Warrior Princess brand enough to do something with it, but ... a crossover movie with Wonder Woman wouldn’t be my first choice. A crossover comic from a good writer and artist who loves the characters would be fun.

As for powers, although Diana’s are pretty inconsistent, she would probably wipe the floor with Xena. Xena battled numerous gods, mobsters, demons, etc, but they were all dumbed down / depowered / easily manipulated / came with exploitable weaknesses. And why do Xena and Diana have to fight? They should team up to take down the baddies, along with Cassie and Gabrielle.

As for Xena’s parentage, she was planned to be a demigoddess at one stage, but the script to The Furies was rewritten at the last minute to make it ambiguous / unlikely (although in my head canon she’s a demigoddess through other means). Xena considers herself to be fully human.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yes, and no. I thought the Hercules/Xena creators kept their gods and demigods a little more down-to-Earth than what DC (and Marvel) typically does.
    I assume that's because of the budget. Hercule and Xena were syndicated shows with modest budgets. Ares and Callisto were also shown as not really wanting to kill Xena for very different reasons, so I look at Xena's fight against Athena as more of her best God-killing showcase.

That being said, while Xena definitely has many talents, she's nowhere near in Wonder Woman's weight class.

I also think they are rather weird to compare. Someone said they had similar origins but besides being white women with Greek mythology to fill out their world, they are nothing alike. They have different origins, different personalities, different relationships with the gods, different motivations for fighting, different philosophies on war, and different fighting styles. I do think they would have a great deal of respect for each other, but I could never see them being friends or even casual acquaintances.

That being said, I would love a Circe/Alti team up. I never knew how much I needed that until Siege mentioned it.

Incredible Member

Yes, and no. I thought the Hercules/Xena creators kept their gods and demigods a little more down-to-Earth than what DC (and Marvel) typically does.
    Yeah ... I’m not sure how many DC gods are stopped by burying them under a convenient pile of rocks!

Incredible Member

As an aside, I’d love to watch a deep fake Wonder Woman with Lucy Lawless replacing Gal Gadot!

Or if someone could procure a copy of the film they made in the 90s in the alternate reality where Lawless agreed to film a WW movie during her Xena filming schedule.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    There is a mystery that Xena is a demigod. She took down the entire Greek Pantheon, I think she can handle Wonder Woman or a WW type threat.
    The Gods in Xena are nowhere near as powerful as the Gods in DC. And Xena needed the power to kill Gods granted to her by another God to defeat the Greek Gods. Xena never did anything power wise. That WW hasn't done and much better.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hell, Xena was a Valkyrie herself for a bit. Also an archangel.

She had a ridiculously busy life. She could roll with the craziness of Diana's life pretty easily.

I'd LOVE a team up between Callisto and Cheetah! Or Alti and Circe. Or Ares and...Ares

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The Gods in Xena are nowhere near as powerful as the Gods in DC. And Xena needed the power to kill Gods granted to her by another God to defeat the Greek Gods. Xena never did anything power wise. That WW hasn't done and much better.
    Except the gods in Xena were literally unkillable for the most part, (sans Hind's blood or Twilight of the Gods), whereas we've seen Diana take out Ares with an axe to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Except the gods in Xena were literally unkillable for the most part, (sans Hind's blood or Twilight of the Gods), whereas we've seen Diana take out Ares with an axe to the head.
    That was one bad writing moment. But Diana should be able to kill Gods. Based on her own divine powers and weapons. Other than that. Gods in Xena did nothing to suggest they are even close to DC GOds in raw power.

Would you say Xena is in WW's weight class? I guess where I'm coming from, one of my pet peeves in superhero comics is when the writer insists that so-and-so normy human can throw down with the heavy hitters because of training, especially when said heavy is so over-the-top like WW, Superman, GL, etc.
    I'm not sure why everyone is constantly talking about power levels. Yeah, I get it. They're superhero comics. But seeing Diana and Xena team up would just be fun. Xena has a long list of feats of her own, many of which can rival Diana's despite being a "so-and-so normy human". A lot of y'all on these forums are so consumed with Diana's power levels that I feel like you are looking past the fun (and ridiculousness) of it all.

That was one bad writing moment. But Diana should be able to kill Gods. Based on her own divine powers and weapons. Other than that. Gods in Xena did nothing to suggest they are even close to DC GOds in raw power.
    I mean, I guess we can agree to disagree. On Xena, we see Callisto (and Velasca) destroying whole villages with their raw power. I can't remember the last time any of Diana's gods actually showed their powersets when they aren't getting decapitated by tiaras or hit in the head with axes.

I'm not sure why everyone is constantly talking about power levels. Yeah, I get it. They're superhero comics. But seeing Diana and Xena team up would just be fun. Xena has a long list of feats of her own, many of which can rival Diana's despite being a "so-and-so normy human". A lot of y'all on these forums are so consumed with Diana's power levels that I feel like you are looking past the fun (and ridiculousness) of it all.

I mean, I guess we can agree to disagree. On Xena, we see Callisto (and Velasca) destroying whole villages with their raw power. I can't remember the last time any of Diana's gods actually showed their powersets when they aren't getting decapitated by tiaras or hit in the head with axes.
    The same Gods from Xena that were being stopped over and over again by a pile of rocks. And destroying a village with some small lighting bolts or energy balls is not impressive or out of the reach for the DC Gods. Even a spider man level character could destroy an amazon village like the one from the Xena show.

Xena did nothing in terms of speed, durabilty or strength that came even remotely close to Diana's feats. So how am i supposed to believe that Xena is on par with her?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The same Gods from Xena that were being stopped over and over again by a pile of rocks. And destroying a village with some small lighting bolts or energy balls is not impressive or out of the reach for the DC Gods. Even a spider man level character could destroy an amazon village like the one from the Xena show.

Xena did nothing in terms of speed, durabilty or strength that came even remotely close to Diana's feats. So how am i supposed to believe that Xena is on par with her?
    If you put anyone in the Xena-verse they would conform to those power levels and vice versa with Xena and co. They gave Gods weaknesses which is smart but Xena has survived thunderbolts thrown at her, fireballs, she fought Hercules which WW and co also have. She may not have superstreangth but she has skill which makes her a threat. So she'd be fine going up against WW and WW enemies.

I mean, what others said. It was a 90s cable show on a budget, crossovers like this are meant to be fun.

Well, I guess these days I just don't have any interest in or patience for stories where the plot is dependent on normy human having taken kung fu or whatever and therefore can hang with a heavy hitter. Just read or watched too many stories where that line of reasoning simply ended up nerfing the hell out of the stronger character in a desperate attempt to make the less strong one relevant. It would feel like a MCU brawler tag-team of Thor and Black Widow.

EDIT: But one of the fun things about that Herc/Xena universe, which I forgot to acknowledge, was that it's no so out of left field for a character to be bestowed godly powers, so if you needed to buff Xena to make her fit a WW story, you can do it and no questions would need to be asked. Sorry I didn't think about that earlier.

So, if you did a X-over and nerfed Diana to make the story work, that's bad. If you buffed Xena up to WW levels? That's potentially good.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 01-20-2021 at 03:45 AM.

Spectacular Member

It would be interesting if they amped up Xena's powers as she was transferred to the DC universe and see how she dealt with them.

What if Xena switched places with Wonder Woman because Diana had to be somewhere else, imagine Xena substituting for Wonder Woman in the Justice League, personality wise, how would she be different?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean, what others said. It was a 90s cable show on a budget, crossovers like this are meant to be fun.
    The main reason why the Gods aren't visually impressive on the show.

If we were to get a bigger budget live action team up or in a crossover in the comics, this aspect of Xena's Gods wouldn't be an issue.