Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Weirdly enough this might be my favorite FS title so far. I don't read any of WWs titles placed in the present continuity and could never get into a run outside of the New 52 one. I also like Earth One and Warbringer. It makes me wonder why I like these titles and not her "official" ones.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I liked the artwork but found the depiction of the Amazons and the Wonder Woman herself in Action disappointing. Even Byrne did better with Amazons versus Darkseid and, Here help me, even Robinson handled Diana vs Darkseid better with the Johns material.

But that isn't the focus. It seems like the future is to hold no dawn for Amazons. Okay. What will that mean for Diana as the last of the Amazons and the last of the Leaguers. We will see what future installments have to say.

Did anyone find it strange that the stupid loud and obnoxious Amazon that convinced everyone to stay and fight was the overweight one? What message are they trying to send?

Also, why are they fighting Darkseid with regular weapons? These folks are Amazons shouldn't they have some...you know...MAGIC WEAPONS!? And once again who is totally oblivious to the situation, talking smack and leading all the other Amazon's to their deaths?! The one overweight Amazon of course! Once again, what message are they trying to send? Having the nerve to shout "Our time has come!". She doesn't know that Darkseid spends ninety-percent of his time thinking of clever ways to tell people they are going to die, and what she did was akin to setting him up with the perfect response "Indeed it has"

What were they thinking? Hey let's put in this one overweight Amazon make sure that she is the only Amazon besides Diana that gets to talk and make everything that comes out of her mouth obnoxious and wrong and make sure she gets everyone killed.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-27-2021 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Our Time Has Come!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Did anyone find it strange that the stupid loud and obnoxious Amazon that convinced everyone to stay and fight was the overweight one? What message are they trying to send?

Also, why are they fighting Darkseid with regular weapons? These folks are Amazons shouldn't they have some...you know...MAGIC WEAPONS!? And once again who is totally oblivious to the situation, talking smack and leading all the other Amazon's to their deaths?! The one overweight Amazon of course! Once again, what message are they trying to send? Having the nerve to shout "Our time has come!". She doesn't know that Darkseid spends ninety-percent of his time thinking of clever ways to tell people they are going to die, and what she did was akin to setting him up with the perfect response "Indeed it has"

What were they thinking? Hey let's put in this one overweight Amazon make sure that she is the only Amazon besides Diana that gets to talk and make everything that comes out of her mouth obnoxious and wrong and make sure she gets everyone killed.
    lol I didn't think of it that way, but you're kind of right. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    lol I didn't think of it that way, but you're kind of right. lol
    Diana should have pulled her to the side and gave her a Snickers bar. Before anyone gets upset Snickers has an ad campaign where irrational people are made rational when someone gives them a Snickers, this has nothing to do with her being overweight.

Overweight Amazon: We should stay and fight!

Diana: You're not you when you're hungry sister, here have a Snickers.

Overweight Amazon: What was I thinking?! Let's find a new planet.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I don't think they were trying to send any message.

Also, why are they fighting Darkseid with regular weapons? These folks are Amazons shouldn't they have some...you know...MAGIC WEAPONS!?
    Sadly, this is par for the course when it comes to the Amazons these days.

...You seem a little obsessed with her being overweight.