Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Madelyne Pryor the Goblin Queen Appreciation Thread 2021

Never started one of these (appreciation threads) before but felt like Maddy needs one in 2021 since after her epic return in the first arc of Hellions, I have no doubt Wells will be bringing her back again in 2021. Maddy is my favorite female X-character ever since the Outback era when the X-Men found her after Sinister and the Marauders failed execution. She is the main reason I collected the X-Man (Nate Grey) book back in the day. I wish she would get over the Scott/Jean thing, though her never caring for them is fine with me, just stop making her getting them her raison d'etre (reason for existing). I like her with Alex, two characters who always get the short end of the stick when compared to Scott and Jean but both of whom I like way more than Scott and Jean. Alex always saw Maddy as Maddy because he never had a thing for Jean. He cares for Maddy more than Jean and he may be the only X-character that can say that. I would also like to see her driven to have relationships with both her sons, Cable (either young or old) and Stryfe (because Maddy of all people wouldn't think less of him for being a clone). I liked her as just a pilot or as Anodyne but loved her in the Goblin Queen outfit. Maybe a little less demony, maybe having a little of the Anodyne healing powers as well as a highly power telekinetic. I would say lose the telepathy because that always ends badly but she may need that to fix Alex.

by Mark Brooks

Here's hoping 2021 will be a busy year for Ms. Pryor

Ultimate Member

Maddy's like Jean's sexy twin sister, I just wish that she was back and not outright evil so then Marvel can just write her off as being bad to make Scott look better...

I hope she returns

BP2jzBQ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I hope she returns

BP2jzBQ.jpg
    I hope so too. But I'm not holding my breath... They have yet to do her justice. Or do right by her.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I hope so too. But I'm not holding my breath... They have yet to do her justice. Or do right by her.
    She definitely will return. That story and its abrupt ending was set up for it.

I really hope that Madelyne returns. Could happen in Hellions.

I really like the idea of Madelyne being the person who cures Havok of the Inversion and mental problems that he is suffering from. It would be interesting to see her accomplish something that the other X-Men could not, especially after they chose not to resurrect her. Be kind of ironic that the character that the X-Men chose to cast away would be the one to save one of their members from mental illness. I'd like to see Scott and Jean's reaction to that. And it could help Maddy start a road to redemption story, something that I would like to see. She doesnt always have to be a villain who is only obsessed with getting revenge on Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I really hope that Madelyne returns. Could happen in Hellions.

I really like the idea of Madelyne being the person who cures Havok of the Inversion and mental problems that he is suffering from. It would be interesting to see her accomplish something that the other X-Men could not, especially after they chose not to resurrect her. Be kind of ironic that the character that the X-Men chose to cast away would be the one to save one of their members from mental illness. I'd like to see Scott and Jean's reaction to that. And it could help Maddy start a road to redemption story, something that I would like to see. She doesnt always have to be a villain who is only obsessed with getting revenge on Scott.
    that hasnt been addressed since the first issue. He died and was resurrected so theoretically he shouldnt be inverted, especially since the Five and Xavier have the means to restore a person without any prior tampering and there really is no reason why they would want to keep that

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love Maddie.
    I was hoping she would have stayed around to be an additional ongoing X-villain who created her own world apart from Krakoa (Possibly Arakko and challenging the rulers there) as a foil to Illyana and the New Mutants or even Excalibur with the whole Mutant Magik schtick.
    Alas! Alak!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that hasnt been addressed since the first issue. He died and was resurrected so theoretically he shouldnt be inverted, especially since the Five and Xavier have the means to restore a person without any prior tampering and there really is no reason why they would want to keep that
    Yes, I realize that. But for some reason the X-Men still want Alex on the Hellions team. Alex even questioned why he still had to be on a team with the basket cases. I took that to mean that they are still worried that he may have some sort of mental problem. I'll just re-read the last issue to make sure that I remember the details correctly.

Ultimate Member

That or none of the X-men really care that much about Alex until everything hits the fan, then they'll need someone to blame...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She definitely will return. That story and its abrupt ending was set up for it.
    I actually want Jean to be the one who brings Madelyne back. I would love it if we find out that Jean was one of the ones who voted to bring Madelyne back and she works with Havok to get Maddie resurrected.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I actually want Jean to be the one who brings Madelyne back. I would love it if we find out that Jean was one of the ones who voted to bring Madelyne back and she works with Havok to get Maddie resurrected.
    I have no problem with that, it wasn't Jean that did Maddy wrong it was Scott. However if that happened it would make Scott look like even more of a tool.

Mighty Member

I’d like to see Mandy team up with Stryfe and basically claim him as her real son. A clone claiming the clone of her son. I think it would be an interesting turn about between her and Stryfe and Jean and Cable.

Plus they’d be wreaking a ton of havoc. No pun intended. Actually... that would be an interesting new family. Havok, Maddy and their sone Stryfe.