Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 339
  1. #301
    Incredible Member PsychicScion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was a psychic ghost, that Nate created. The original Maddie died and merged with Jean in Inferno
    yep that was what I thought but been many many years since I read the X-Man issues

  2. #302
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've been a "true fan" (wetf that means) of Maddie from day one, as introduced by Claremont.
    At least I understand the character's growth, development and "being dragged through the mud" and her demise...ALL of which was orchestrated by Claremont himself. Louise worked closely with him to get to the conclusion in X-Factor, but Inferno was Claremont's story.

    So...if you want to be mad at somebody for making her a "thong-wearing Demon Sorceress" be mad at Claremont, the man who created and introduced her and put her in that (classic and iconic) Underboob outfit.

    Thong-Wearing Demon Sorceresses RULE!!!
    Claremont came up an interesting twist on things. Louise basically turned it into badly done bad soap-opera episodes.

  3. #303
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Carmel Valley, CA
    Posts
    7,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've been a "true fan" (wetf that means) of Maddie from day one, as introduced by Claremont.
    At least I understand the character's growth, development and "being dragged through the mud" and her demise...ALL of which was orchestrated by Claremont himself. Louise worked closely with him to get to the conclusion in X-Factor, but Inferno was Claremont's story.

    So...if you want to be mad at somebody for making her a "thong-wearing Demon Sorceress" be mad at Claremont, the man who created and introduced her and put her in that (classic and iconic) Underboob outfit.

    Thong-Wearing Demon Sorceresses RULE!!!
    I always thought Claremont created the character, but not necessarily the costume design. That was someone else's doing, wasn't it?

  4. #304
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    8,061

    Default

    It most likely would have been Silvestri who was the artist at the time of Inferno so...yupp. But Claremont would definitely have seen the designs and approved the final look.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  5. #305
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Carmel Valley, CA
    Posts
    7,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It most likely would have been Silvestri who was the artist at the time of Inferno so...yupp. But Claremont would definitely have seen the designs and approved the final look.
    That makes sense. It's an epic look that no one forgets. I'd understand, though, if they decided to tweak it a bit for the modern audience.


    Did Madelyne (when she was alive) work out as much as Jean does?

  6. #306
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    8,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That makes sense. It's an epic look that no one forgets. I'd understand, though, if they decided to tweak it a bit for the modern audience.


    Did Madelyne (when she was alive) work out as much as Jean does?
    Goddess! I hope not. They already tried that nonsense with the AU book and it looked like generic boring-AF garbage.
    Modern audiences need to go read Archie if a little underboob and thong cloth upset their delicate sensibilities.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-21-2021 at 09:16 PM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  7. #307
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That makes sense. It's an epic look that no one forgets. I'd understand, though, if they decided to tweak it a bit for the modern audience.


    Did Madelyne (when she was alive) work out as much as Jean does?
    Since she was capable of decking Scott with one punch,I'ld say yes,if not more so. Epecially given that she most likely also worked as crew loading and unloading the planes she piloted before she met Scott.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-22-2021 at 08:06 AM.

  8. #308
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was a psychic ghost, that Nate created. The original Maddie died and merged with Jean in Inferno
    He didn’t create her out of thin air. He more or loss plucked her out of the astral plane when he subconsciously tried to bring Jean to him. And this X-Man Maddie us the same Maddie who is going to get a new body soon.

  9. #309
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,740

    Default

    Why do you guys think of Madelyne scheming to take over Limbo?

  10. #310
    Incredible Member PsychicScion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Why do you guys think of Madelyne scheming to take over Limbo?
    I just hope it means she will be a regular in an ongoing book - not just 1 storyline then she disappears for years

  11. #311
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I just hope it means she will be a regular in an ongoing book - not just 1 storyline then she disappears for years
    The Hellions writer has said interviews she already has multiple upcoming appearances. The fact that she is immediately being used in a storyline is a huge improvement overall previous returns.

  12. #312
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Yeah but I like the character and I don't particularly see her as a villain, I fear other writers noticed the bump Hellions got out of featuring her and will bring her in to freshen up their villain of the month rotation, especially since most of the good X-villains are on the good guys side for the time being.

  13. #313
    Incredible Member andreikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Prepared to bring hell to earth (is the costume sexualized…?)

    goblin-queen-2.jpg

  14. #314
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    6,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Prepared to bring hell to earth (is the costume sexualized…?)

    goblin-queen-2.jpg
    Sweet Satan, I think I just changed religion...lol
    Jazmine Sullivan - Pick Up Your Feelings - https://youtu.be/6jOA3h4zSTc

  15. #315
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Carmel Valley, CA
    Posts
    7,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Prepared to bring hell to earth (is the costume sexualized…?)
    That depends. What's the first thing you see when you look at the image? And what catches your eye every time you look at the image? If your answer is "the cape", then the answer is no.
    “The brave man lives until the coward wants.” ~ Mexican proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •