Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    OK, so Maddie has Jean's mutant TP/TK combo, but I thought Maddie's were at a higher level? Would that be from sorcery? Or are they at the same levels?
    When they fought in Inferno, Maddie had full access to her mutant powers plus the sorcery which added more and amplified them. Jean was crippled and only had her TK. They werent on equal level bc of Jean's status quo. They later fought in X-man 25 and I think they were more at similar levels. If Maddie seemed more powerful its bc she was out to kill and was using her full power whereas Jean fought more defensively and wanted to calm her down

They seemed more equal and had a standstill until Nate was able to seperate them

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    But does that not make Krakoa hypocritical? The whole purpose of Krakoa is to give mutants a second chance as long as they agree to follow the rules. Who is to say Maddie would not have agreed to the terms?

Personally, I do not think she would care but the chance has to be given, otherwise the whole premise of Krakoa is flawed from the foundation.
    She had the chance but she said f--k all of them bc she still had a bone to pick and wanted to kill them all. Resurrecting her is a liability and there is a growing population of 200K+ other mutants to consider. Maddie simply isnt worth the risk she. poses to the many innocent lives she has already outright vowed to destroy. This doesnt make Krakoa hypocritical bc Maddie can be considered a war criminal and I dont think there is anyone on that island that has vowed to take Krakoa down that was accepted with open arms there

Thank you once again, Havok83, for your insight!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

She had the chance but she said f--k all of them bc she still had a bone to pick and wanted to kill them all. Resurrecting her is a liability and there is a growing population of 200K+ other mutants to consider. Maddie simply isnt worth the risk she. poses to the many innocent lives she has already outright vowed to destroy. This doesnt make Krakoa hypocritical bc Maddie can be considered a war criminal and I dont think there is anyone on that island that has vowed to take Krakoa down that was accepted with open arms there
    I see where you are coming from, in the eyes of the QC you could say she is too much of a risk, but I still think there is case for her being brought back.

It falls on the QC for failing to invite Maddie to Krakoa, as Maddie stated she did not get the invite. While it does not excuse her actions in using mutant bodies possessed by demons to attack Krakoa, technically she did not break any rules. No humans were killed and the land was not damaged. Her actions would have broken one law (disrespecting the land), but as the Hellions stopped it, what she is guilty of technically does not break any law? The whole point of Krakoa is second chances, would not bringing her back be an olive branch for her second chance?

If the argument is that there are other mutants to consider, then what about if that is not a problem? Assume 100 years have gone by and mutants are flourishing, is that the time Maddie can be brought back? When does she get her second chance as so many other mutants have been given? But then there is the no clone rule in Krakoa.

After 10 lifetimes, would Jean ever let herself stay dead and Maddie take her place? Give her the chance she deserves? Maybe Nightcrawler will tackle clones in Way of X.

Talking about Maddie's situation is fascinating. Most of her life has been out of her control and even when mutants have a second chance, she is still not given one but on the other hand, the council have to ensure all mutants are safe, which leads to those mutants who are forgotten for the sake of the many.

Nate & Maddie. Happy Mother's Day.

Astonishing Member

Is it possible that every Maddy we have seen since Inferno has been a psychic echo or just a rouge Sinister clone? It came up in a Havok thread when Maddy came up. Is it possible that Maddy got shunted off to a parallel universe after she 'died' in Inferno? Like Alex did at the beginning of Mutant X. Or maybe she is in a cocoon in the Outback ala how they brought Jean back? Maddy only went coocoo for coco puffs after the Sym dream choice. Whose to say we have even seen the real Maddy since then because it was a pretty big leap from upset at Scott for abandonment (totally justified) to sacrificing children, and threatening Nathan. It might cost her the goblin powers but would keep most of her cool character development up til the affair with Alex without the suicidal, child killing sociopath stuff.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Is it possible that every Maddy we have seen since Inferno has been a psychic echo or just a rouge Sinister clone? It came up in a Havok thread when Maddy came up. Is it possible that Maddy got shunted off to a parallel universe after she 'died' in Inferno? Like Alex did at the beginning of Mutant X. Or maybe she is in a cocoon in the Outback ala how they brought Jean back? Maddy only went coocoo for coco puffs after the Sym dream choice. Whose to say we have even seen the real Maddy since then because it was a pretty big leap from upset at Scott for abandonment (totally justified) to sacrificing children, and threatening Nathan. It might cost her the goblin powers but would keep most of her cool character development up til the affair with Alex without the suicidal, child killing sociopath stuff.
    Like Havok said in that thread, every Maddie that we have seen since Inferno has not been the real deal. When she died her everything was absorbed into Jean (minus her body) and everything else has been AU versions of Maddie or Jean. Real Maddie died during Inferno. I don't think they would go the route of finding some way/reason she's been in stasis of elsewhere given how they handled things in Hellions.

Astonishing Member

I just will never go for the Maddie is a part of Jean story they are absolutely nothing alike, I prefer psycho Maddy over just a part of Jean because Claremont did something with Maddy during the Outback era that made her a fave of mine while I have never had any affection for Jean but that is just me. If my Maddy is trapped in Jean's head she should be ripped out and put in her own body. However if it were true Jean would have reacted differently every time she has run into Maddy since Inferno. "You aren't really Maddy, the real Maddy is a part of my subconscious". Like Maddy said in Hellions she is a real person, Alex believes it, Maddy believes it and so do I, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I just will never go for the Maddie is a part of Jean story they are absolutely nothing alike, I prefer psycho Maddy over just a part of Jean because Claremont did something with Maddy during the Outback era that made her a fave of mine while I have never had any affection for Jean but that is just me. If my Maddy is trapped in Jean's head she should be ripped out and put in her own body. However if it were true Jean would have reacted differently every time she has run into Maddy since Inferno. "You aren't really Maddy, the real Maddy is a part of my subconscious". Like Maddy said in Hellions she is a real person, Alex believes it, Maddy believes it and so do I, lol.
    I think its false to say they are nothing alike. Before Inferno, Maddie was Jean without the memories. She was a literal stand-in for her. Since then, she's written as an evil Jean. They share alot more in common then not so I really cant say there are absolutely nothing alike

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I loved this Mutant X AU version of the Goblyn Queen.
    Goblyn Queen MX.jpg
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

So today's Hellions teased spoilers:
    the return of Maddie. Alex is still inquiring about The Five bringing her back, which most likely means she will return. The question is how
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

the return of Maddie. Alex is still inquiring about The Five bringing her back, which most likely means she will return. The question is how
    end of spoilers
    Yup gotta feeling we'll be seeing Maddie in time for Inferno.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yup gotta feeling we'll be seeing Maddie in time for Inferno.
    I think she was only killed off to get rid of the Ana Cortez weirdness. Sinister already built a bee clone farm. I think Havok makes some sort of deal with Sinister to clone Madelyne a new body that her spirit then enters.

end of spoilers
    Waste of energy, she doesn't know how to stay dead. She will come back...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think its false to say they are nothing alike. Before Inferno, Maddie was Jean without the memories. She was a literal stand-in for her. Since then, she's written as an evil Jean. They share alot more in common then not so I really cant say there are absolutely nothing alike
    Don't forget, Madelyne also wasn't a mutant, or at least neither Professor X, nor Cerbero registered her as such at the time. And even though she was written to have an uncanny likeness to Jean, a clone is actually an exact copy and Maddy, originally, wasn't that. I think at the time they wrote Madelyne in a way that suggested that if someone looked closely, they could discern physical distinctions between Jean and Madelyne. Of course, all of that went out the door once they decided to bring back Jean and make Madelyne a clone.

And, of course, that's where our misery as fans of Madelyne Pryor truly begin.