Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It would just be weird to not have her involved, honestly.

A little louder so X-Men editorial can hear.
    Not weird at all if she's not relevant to the story. This Inferno isn't the last Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I personally don't see Maddy as a villain and don't want her portrayed as such. Also not sure I trust New Mutants scribe with her, but we shall see.
    Plotting to kill everyone and vowing to burn Krakoa to te ground kinda makes her a villian

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And lest we forget...she wanted to sacrifice her own son to open a portal to Limbo so that there'll be literally Hell on Earth. If that isn't classic villainy...

Personally, I want and love her to be the X-Men's Next Big Bad. Peacock Man and Orchis are boring trash. And she needs to spectacularly obliterate Sinister at some point.

It's time for the Reign of the Goblin Queen.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Plotting to kill everyone and vowing to burn Krakoa to te ground kinda makes her a villian
    I don't take anyone's behavior in Hellions at face value because everyone's behavior seemed off. I was hoping that Wells would eventually explain what is up but I guess not since Amazing Spidey calls.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And lest we forget...she wanted to sacrifice her own son to open a portal to Limbo so that there'll be literally Hell on Earth. If that isn't classic villainy...

Personally, I want and love her to be the X-Men's Next Big Bad. Peacock Man and Orchis are boring trash. And she needs to spectacularly obliterate Sinister at some point.

It's time for the Reign of the Goblin Queen.
    That was some character assassination crap the Simonson's wrote to try and redeem Scott and Jean in the X-Factor issues of Inferno. Their Maddy bore no resemblance to the one Claremont created and fleshed out in Uncanny. That is why I reject it. She went from risking everything to find her son, to suicidal child killing harpie at the drop of a dime. The bad part is for all the damage done to Maddy it didn't make Scott into any less of a jerk.

That was some character assassination crap the Simonson's wrote to try and redeem Scott and Jean in the X-Factor issues of Inferno.
    Why on Earth would Jean need to be redeemed? Scott and the rest of the O5 kept secret his marriage and child, and when Jean finally found out about Madelyne and Nathan, she rebuked him for leaving his family and refused to be with him. Jean also pushed him on more than one occasion to reach out and return to Madelyne and Nathan. Not to mention, she surrendered her soul to Mephisto to save Scott's wife and child - an act even the ruler of "Hell" was impressed by. It was only after Madelyne was believed dead that Jean gradually warmed up to Scott again, and even after they started seeing each other once more, she turned down his marriage proposal.

During the climax of Inferno, Jean, who had just found out she had been cloned and had her memories shared with said clone, did nothing but empathize with and try to help Madelyne, who, by that point, had tried killing her and her demon-morphed parents. I really wish people would stop conflating Scott's behavior with Jean's. She did nothing wrong and was always the voice of reason in this sordid triangle into which she was thrust.

On another note, I hope they have something better in store for Madelyne than returning as a thong-wearing demon sorceress hellbent on destroying everyone again. I don't know how those who are true fans of her as she was initially created and introduced by Claremont can take the perpetual dragging over through the mud of this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maddie will be showing up in New Mutants

Wonderful. I have a feeling Vita will write the heck out of Maddie.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I've been a "true fan" (wetf that means) of Maddie from day one, as introduced by Claremont.
    At least I understand the character's growth, development and "being dragged through the mud" and her demise...ALL of which was orchestrated by Claremont himself. Louise worked closely with him to get to the conclusion in X-Factor, but Inferno was Claremont's story.

So...if you want to be mad at somebody for making her a "thong-wearing Demon Sorceress" be mad at Claremont, the man who created and introduced her and put her in that (classic and iconic) Underboob outfit.

Thong-Wearing Demon Sorceresses RULE!!!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-20-2021 at 05:17 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Wonderful. I have a feeling Vita will write the heck out of Maddie.
    I hope they don't go "over the top" with her into demonic Hell-Queen caricature (which would be so easy and unfortunate).
    I really like how they write Amahl Farouk...thoughtful, scheming, nuanced...so I hope we get that level of quiet and calculating villainy, just with more demons and magic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I hope they don't go "over the top" with her into demonic Hell-Queen caricature (which would be so easy and unfortunate).
    I really like how they write Amahl Farouk...thoughtful, scheming, nuanced...so I hope we get that level of quiet and calculating villainy, just with more demons and magic.
    I'm pretty sure we will which is what excites me the most if Vita can bring their usual brand of introspective writing and apply it to Maddie this might just be the best title Maddie will have been in years.

I think the problem with Maddie's character is that she hasn't been written introspectively in decades. So I'm hoping we see more of Maddie instead of the goblin Queen persona.

I don't take anyone's behavior in Hellions at face value because everyone's behavior seemed off. I was hoping that Wells would eventually explain what is up but I guess not since Amazing Spidey calls.
    Maddie's wasnt. That was consistent with how she's been portrayed in the past. IDA about the Hellions behaviors being off. Everyone was written very much in character, except maybe Wildchild and I only say that bc he's the one Im least familiar with
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-20-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we will which is what excites me the most if Vita can bring their usual brand of introspective writing and apply it to Maddie this might just be the best title Maddie will have been in years.

I think the problem with Maddie's character is that she hasn't been written introspectively in decades. So I'm hoping we see more of Maddie instead of the goblin Queen persona.
    Exactatiously.

I swear...If I celebrated Halloween as the commercial rubbish it is...I would definitely dress up as the Goblin Queen.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-20-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

true as much as I enjoyed her being in X-Man with Nate, Maddy hasn't really been written as a nuanced character since Claremont.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

true as much as I enjoyed her being in X-Man with Nate, Maddy hasn't really been written as a nuanced character since Claremont.
    and was that officially Maddie? Wasn't she just one of Nate's psychic creations?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    and was that officially Maddie? Wasn't she just one of Nate's psychic creations?
    That was a psychic ghost, that Nate created. The original Maddie died and merged with Jean in Inferno